News
Sanwo-Olu unveils 30-year development plan, signs wealth, civil bills
Sanwo-Olu unveils 30-year development plan, signs wealth, civil bills
Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Wednesday unveiled a 30-year development plan for Lagos, which will be implemented between 2022 and 2052.
Sanwo-Olu unveiled the plan at the closing ceremony of 9th Edition of Ehingbeti Lagos Economic Summit at Victoria Island.
The governor also signed the Lagos State Wealth Fund (LSWF) bill and the Lagos State Civil Bill, which will be sent to the Lagos State House of Assembly to be passed into law.
Speaking on the Lagos State 30-Year Development Plan, he said that the government would continue to pursue policies that were inclusive and equitable to all, over development plan period.
Sanwo-Olu said the plan was an all-encompassing master plan, which clearly articulated initiatives that would drive Lagos’ ambition to become Africa’s Model Mega City.
He said that the plan was to drive Lagos State as a global, economic and financial hub that was safe, secure, functional and productive.
On the signing of the two bills, Sanwo-Olu said that they were critical and germane to the future development of the state, while enhancing ease of doing business in Lagos.
According to him, the Lagos Wealth Fund Bill signals the beginning of the state sub-sovereign green bond that will create sustainable wealth to government and the people of Lagos.
He said that the fund would allow the state create a wealth reserve that would be instrumental to delivering of infrastructure.
”The fund will prevent Lagos revenue from external shock and make the state the technology and investment hub,” Sanwo-Olu said.
He said that with this, Lagos wealth fund became the first sub-national sovereign wealth fund in Africa and joined Singapore and Canada that had similar wealth fund and had gone on to do great things that.
The governor said that the State Assembly had already been notified that the bill was coming for their accent, as the speedy passage into law would play a critical role in the future of Lagos and its 30-year development plan.
He said that the Lagos State Civil Bill was expected to speedy up the judicial process, to ensure that judgment were discharged on time, hence, fast-tracking civil proceeding.
Sanwo-Olu also said that this would improve the ease of doing business in the state.
Sanwo-Olu unveils 30-year development plan, signs wealth, civil bills
News
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
By: Zagazola Makama
Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.
Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.
Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.
Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.
Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.
Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia
News
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
By: Zagazola Makama
A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.
He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.
Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.
He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.
He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.
Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos
News
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
By: Zagazola Makama
Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.
Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.
The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.
It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.
Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.
Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
