Crime
SIX MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS SURRENDER AMID MNJTF’S LAKE CHAD BASIN OPERATIONS
SIX MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS SURRENDER AMID MNJTF’S LAKE CHAD BASIN OPERATIONS
By: Our Reporter
As the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) progresses with Operation Lake Sanity 2, Boko Haram hideouts in the Lake Chad Region, spanning Cameroon and Nigeria, are seeing an increase in surrenders. Recently, 6 additional terrorists have surrender, laying down their arms from 17 to 27 April 2024.
On 17 April 2024, a 19-year-old Boko Haram terrorist named Alhaji Ali surrendered to troops of 403 Amphibious Brigade (Baga) of Sector 3 in Monguno, Nigeria. Initial investigations reveal a 3-year affiliation with Boko Haram’s Buduma faction. Ali, hailing from Masarram on Lake Chad Island and residing at Duguri, highlighted the growing discontentment within the group.

Furthermore, on 25 April 2024, 2 more terrorists, Haoudou Sedik, 37, and Kadja Ousman, 21, turned themselves in at Blangua, Cameroon, to troops of Sector 1 in the Darak area of southern Lake Chad. Investigations reveal their origins from Chad, residing in the localities of Kami-Wari and Kourea, respectively.
The surrenders continued on 26 April, when Mohammed Abdulraman, 38, his wife Sadiya, and their two children (aged 13 and an infant), bearing one 36 Hand Grenade, surrendered to Sector 3’s 403 Amphibious Brigade at the Kwatam Turare axis, Baga, Nigeria. Abdulraman, identified as a foot soldier since 2017 in Sharama, cited internal crisis and the influence of MNJTF’s Operation Nashrul Salam as reasons for their defection.
Likewise, on 27 April 2024, Yusuf Umaru, a 25-year-old, surrendered to the troops of 19 Brigade, Sector 3, in Kekeno, within the Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria. During the initial investigation, Umaru revealed that he had been abducted by Boko Haram militants along the Monguno-Maiduguri road in 2020. He stated that during his captivity, he was forced to work as a storeroom keeper in one of the terrorist group’s camps located on the islands of Lake Chad.
The MNJTF calls upon other Boko Haram terrorists hiding in the Lake Chad islands and adjoining communities to cease hostilities and embrace peace. We reiterate our commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability to the Lake Chad Basin, encouraging terrorists to follow the path of those who have already surrendered.
SIX MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS SURRENDER AMID MNJTF’S LAKE CHAD BASIN OPERATIONS
Crime
Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna
Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops under Sector 7 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a protest by youths in Madakiya community of Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State over alleged delays in the announcement of election results.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 2:10 p.m. on May 20 following reports that youths had gathered to protest the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) handling of the All Progressives Congress senatorial primary election results.
Troops, alongside other security agencies, were promptly deployed to the area to prevent escalation and restore order.
On arrival, the situation was brought under control as security personnel engaged the agitated youths and appealed for calm.
The protesters were subsequently addressed and dispersed peacefully without any violence or destruction of property.
Security sources said troops maintained a visible presence in the area afterwards to deter further unrest and ensure continued peace in the community.
Troops Foil Protest Over Election Result Dispute in Kaduna
Crime
Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau
Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 1 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened to rescue a suspect from mob attack following an alleged attempted sexual assault in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 3:00 p.m. on May 20 after reports that a student of Government Secondary School (GSS) Bassa was allegedly accosted by one Abdulazeez Sani, 25, at a hotel in Agyingi area of Bassa LGA.
The suspect was reportedly overpowered by angry youths who attempted to lynch him before the arrival of troops.
Security sources said troops swiftly intervened, rescued the suspect from mob action, and restored calm in the area.
The suspect was subsequently handed over to Keystone Division in Bassa for further investigation and necessary action.
Authorities said the intervention helped prevent escalation of violence and maintained order within the community.
Troops Rescue Suspect from Mob Action Over Alleged Attempted Rape in Plateau
Crime
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation UDO KA have disrupted illegal mining activities during a night patrol in Ivo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, leading to the arrest of four suspects.
Security sources said the incident occurred at about 7:30 p.m. on May 19 when troops deployed at Forward Operating Base Ivo intercepted individuals engaged in unauthorized mining activities within the general area.
The troops reportedly apprehended four suspects and recovered a mini truck, sapper cables, and a vehicle battery believed to have been used for the illegal operations.
However, tension reportedly rose while the suspects and recovered items were being conveyed to the base, as some youths from Iheteu community allegedly obstructed the troops and attempted to resist the operation by throwing stones in support of the suspects.
In response, the troops fired two warning shots into the air to disperse the crowd and restore order.
Security sources said calm was later restored and the situation brought under control without further escalation.
The suspects remain in custody for profiling and further investigation, while the recovered items have been secured for additional action.
Authorities said operations against illegal mining and other criminal activities would continue across affected communities in Ebonyi State.
Troops Disrupt Illegal Mining Activity, Fire Warning Shots in Ebonyi
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
