News
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
AT LAUNCH OF 3RD EXPANDED MSME CLINICS:
Ekiti Business Owners Get FG’s N150,000 Grant Each As Buffer
*As VP Shettima commissions ultra-modern fashion hub, projects 48,000 jobs annually
By: Our Reporter
Respite has come the way of small business owners in Ekiti State following President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s directive that Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) should be supported with a federal government grant of N150,000 each.
Vice President Kashim Shettima who disclosed this on Thursday when he launched the 3rd edition of the Expanded National MSMEs Clinic in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, said the N150,000 was an outright grant that does not require beneficiaries to repay.
“I am pleased to share that Mr. President has directed me to ensure that all outstanding exhibiting MSMEs at the Clinic today receive a grant of 150,000 Naira each. This is an outright grant, and the beneficiaries will not need to repay it. We extend our gratitude to our partners for their unwavering support,” he declared.

The Expanded National MSME Clinics is one of federal government’s strategies for making it easier to do business in Nigeria through a series of business forums organised in different cities across the country to proffer on-the-spot solutions to challenges confronting MSMEs, with the first and second editions launched in Benue and Ogun States respectively earlier this year.
Earlier on arrival in Ado-Ekiti, the VP who was received by Governor Biodun Oyebanji, his wife and other top government functionaries, commissioned the Ekiti State Ultra-Modern Fashion and Garment Hub at Odua Textile Complex, Basiri, Ado Ekiti.
Senator Shettima and his entourage also inspected the Adire Ekiti Hub, a pet project of the first lady of Ekiti State.
Launching the third edition of the Expanded MSME Clinics at the Trade Fair Complex, Old Iyin Road in Ado Ekiti, the Vice President hinted at the initiative moving next to Borno and Enugu States, “before culminating in the National MSME Awards in FCT on June 27, 2024, to commemorate the United Nations World MSME Day”.
The VP noted that the only way the Tinubu administration is appealing “to the land of honor and integrity” is by ensuring the expansion of the labour market and supporting the required skills.
“Small businesses are the lifelines of communities across the nation and a strong pillar of stability during this critical phase of our economic transition. We cannot claim to have excelled in our interventions unless they remain our top priority. Our commitment to revitalizing the MSME sector ensures that these businesses continue to serve their essential buffering function,” he explained.

For the ultra-modern MSME Fashion Hub which he commissioned earlier, VP Shettima said while it competes ideally with others globally, the hub has the potential of creating an estimated 48,000 jobs annually.
Describing the hub as a significant milestone by the Tinubu administration to empower local industries, he stated: “It boasts the capacity to produce a wide range of fashion gear, including military uniforms, and rivals any facility in the world. Equipped with modern-day machinery and technology, this hub holds immense potential for job creation, with projections estimating an average of 48,000 jobs annually.
“We anticipate that this facility will be managed by a competent private sector entity, while both federal and state governments will maintain vigilant oversight over its operations. With over 300 pieces of cutting-edge equipment, this hub represents a significant milestone in our efforts to empower local industries”.
The Vice President however expressed regret that it would not be possible to commission the other MSME Clinic project, a fully equipped ICT hub in Erinmope, which is about 2 hours from the state capital, due to time constraint.
“However, the President has approved that His Excellency the Governor of Ekiti State, his team, Access Bank and BOI MDs, along with the SSA MSMEs and Job Creation to the President, facilitate the commissioning at the Governor’s earliest convenience. This hub will create an additional 10,000 jobs within the ICT space in the Erinmope area of Ekiti,” he noted.
The Vice President also disclosed that based on Governor Oyebanji’s request, President Tinubu has approved the establishment of another modern ICT facility in Ado Ekiti, a project he said “will be completed within 90 days from today (Thursday).
He conveyed President Tinubu’s gratitude to the government and people of Ekiti State for hosting the 3rd expanded National MSME Clinic under the Renewed Hope administration, describing it as a revitalization of the entire value chain of the nation’s MSME sub-sector.
In his remarks, Governor Oyebanji expressed gratitude to the VP for his wise counsel and support for his administration in the state, noting that President Tinubu had, indeed, been a father who has fulfilled all of his campaign promises.
He called on the political class in Ekiti to support his administration, noting that “it is only in unity that we can attract so much for the good of the our people.”
In his goodwill message, Senate Leader, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele commended the effective collaboration between the federal and state governments, culminating in the execution of the MSME focused projects.
He disclosed plans by his office to devote a portion of his constituency project funds in the coming year to support the development of MSMEs in the state.
On his part, the Minister of Solid Minerals, Mr Dele Alake, assured the people of the state that their welfare and wellbeing are being prioritized by the Tinubu administration.
He urged Ekiti people to support the federal government regardless of the prevailing conditions, assuring that the future is bright, as “Nigeria is going through the challenges of economic restructuring and socio-economic re-engineering”.
In her remarks, the state Commissioner for Investment, Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, Hon Omotayo Adeola, thanked the federal government for its relentless support to small businesses in the state which, according to her, birthed the first hub for garment makers in the state, among other related services.
Earlier, Vice President Shettima also inspected exhibition stands where products made in Ekiti State were on display by small businesses in the area.
During his visit to the Palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, HRM Oba Rufus Adeyemo Adejugbe, the VP described Ekiti as a land of honour, commending the royal father and his chiefs for maintaining the peace in their domain and immensely supporting the administration of President Tinubu at all times.
On his part, the paramount ruler of Ado-Ekiti thanked President Tinubu for his love for the people of Ekiti State manifested in the launch of the Expanded National MSME Clinics and commissioning of a fashion and garment hub for small businesses in the state.
Other dignitaries at the event include the state Deputy Governor, Chief Monisade Afuye, and the Permanent Secretary, State House, Engr Funsho Adebiyi.
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
News
Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities, Vows Rescue of Abducted Schoolchildren
Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities, Vows Rescue of Abducted Schoolchildren
By: Our Reporter
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, on Tuesday visited Uba town to sympathise with parents of schoolchildren recently abducted in Mussa community, assuring residents that all efforts were being intensified to secure the safe release of the victims.
Governor Zulum, who has consistently visited communities affected by insecurity to console victims and assess the situation firsthand, met with parents of the abducted children at the palace of the Emir of Uba.
Addressing the gathering, the governor conveyed his heartfelt sympathy to the Emir, the parents of the abducted children and the entire people of the Uba Emirate over the unfortunate incident.
“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” Zulum stated.
“Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the distinguished leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces and Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children,” he assured.
The governor commended the military and other security agencies for taking proactive measures to prevent further deterioration of the security situation in the area.
He disclosed that the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer, Divisional Police Officer and other heads of security establishments had already been deployed to strengthen security and facilitate the safe return of the abducted children.
Governor Zulum also pledged to fortify security in Askira, Uba and adjoining communities to prevent a recurrence of similar incidents.
“We have made frantic efforts to stabilize Askira, Uba and adjoining communities through reinforcing security in these areas,” he said.
The governor appealed to the abductors to release the innocent children, noting that they were minors who required the care and protection of their parents.
He further called on residents of the Uba Emirate and the entire people of Borno State to intensify prayers, especially during the first 10 days of the holy month of Dhul Hijjah.
Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II revealed that the incident occurred on Friday, 15 May, when 48 persons were abducted in Mussa community, including 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.
The monarch commended Governor Zulum for his unwavering commitment to addressing insecurity, uniting the people of the state and supporting the emirate.
Also speaking, a representative of the Mussa community, Dr. Chinapi Amanja, appreciated the governor for the visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and other security personnel to the area.
…Zulum Condoles Chibok Communities
In a related development, Governor Zulum also visited Chibok town to commiserate with communities affected by recent attacks in parts of Chibok Local Government Area.
Addressing district heads, village heads, council members and other stakeholders, the governor said he was deeply saddened by the attacks, which claimed several lives and left many others injured.
“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathize with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government which claimed many lives and left others injured,” Zulum said.
“I want to assure you that the Federal Government, Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to avert the recurrence of such incidents,” he added.
The governor urged residents to remain calm and law-abiding, assuring them that government was making concerted efforts to restore normalcy in the area through the deployment of additional troops.
He also prayed for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives and asked God to grant their families the fortitude to bear the loss.
Speaking on behalf of the affected communities, the District Head of Garu, Engr. Zannah Madu, appreciated the governor for the visit and for the continued government intervention in addressing security challenges in the area.
Governor Zulum was accompanied on the visits by the member representing Chibok/Damboa/Gwoza Federal Constituency, Hon. Ahmed Jaha; Acting Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. Babagana Mustapha Malumbe; Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar; Permanent Secretary, Government House and Security, Barrister Mustapha Busuguma; Special Adviser on Monitoring, Engr. Baba Bukar Gujbawu; and Special Adviser on Media, Dauda Iliya.
Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities, Vows Rescue of Abducted Schoolchildren
News
Rainy season: NEMA strengthens disaster preparedness, community resilience in Gombe
Rainy season: NEMA strengthens disaster preparedness, community resilience in Gombe
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Monday engaged relevant stakeholders in Gombe State on the National Preparedness and Response Campaign (NPRC) 2026.
This is part of ongoing nationwide efforts aimed at strengthening disaster preparedness and community resilience across the state and country.
In her keynote address, the Director General NEMA, Mrs. Zubaida Abubakar Umar represented by the North-East Zonal Director of NEMA, Mr Suleiman Yakubu stated that the campaign was designed to drive early and coordinated action to protect lives and livelihoods during this year’s rainy season.
Also speaking at the engagement, the Head of NEMA Gombe Operations Office, Hajia Ummuna Ahmed, commended the community members and stakeholders for their cooperation and commitment toward disaster preparedness.
Ahmed stressed the importance of early warning information, community participation, and proactive measures in reducing the impact of disasters on lives and livelihoods.
In his presentation on Disaster Risk Reduction Measures, Dr Terungwa Igue specified the various sectorial roles in reducing risks associated with floods.
Igue assured stakeholders of NEMA’s continued commitment to strengthening preparedness initiatives, enhancing public awareness, and promoting safer and more resilient communities across Gombe State.
The engagement further demonstrated the shared commitment of all stakeholders toward fostering safer, better informed, and disaster resilient communities throughout the state.
The team carried out extensive community sensitisation and engagement activities in Wuro Juli Community in Akko LGA of Gombe State.
The sensitisation continued on Tuesday at Yamaltu Emirate in Yamaltu Deba LGA where the Emir of Yamaltu, Alhaji Abubakar Aliyu appreciated NEMA for always coming to sensitise them and charged all the 14 Hakimis who represented 14 villages to take the messages to their domain.
The community engagement exercise focused on enhancing disaster preparedness, promoting early warning awareness, and building community resilience against potential hazards and emergencies, particularly flood related.
The exercise was conducted in collaboration with the Gombe State Emergency Management Agency (GOSEMA), Local Emergency Management Committees (LEMCs), and community leaders, whose active participation and support contributed immensely to the success of the campaign.
The collaboration further reinforced the collective commitment toward disaster risk reduction and effective emergency response at the grassroots level.
Rainy season: NEMA strengthens disaster preparedness, community resilience in Gombe
News
NESREA Shuts Kano Rice Plant Over Environmental Violations
NESREA Shuts Kano Rice Plant Over Environmental Violations
By: Michael Mike
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) has sealed off a rice processing facility in Kano State, Fortune Rice Mills Limited, over alleged violations of environmental regulations relating to air pollution and offensive emissions.
The enforcement action, carried out on Monday, was led by the agency’s North-West Zonal Director, Dr. Mudashiru Raheem, following investigations into public complaints against the company.

According to NESREA, residents had raised concerns over persistent dust emissions and offensive odour emanating from the facility despite earlier compliance notices issued to the company.
The agency said investigations established that the rice mill violated provisions of the National Environmental (Air Quality Control) Regulations 2014 as well as the National Environmental (Food, Beverages and Tobacco Sector) Regulations 2023, prompting the sealing of the plant.
Director-General of National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency, Innocent Barikor, who authorised the shutdown, condemned what he described as the “reckless attitude” of some industrial facilities towards public health and environmental safety.
Barikor stressed that economic interests must not come at the expense of citizens’ wellbeing and environmental sustainability, warning that the agency would continue to enforce compliance with environmental laws across the country.
“The health of citizens and the environment must not be sacrificed on the altar of economic gain,” he said.
He also called on Nigerians to take greater responsibility for environmental protection by reporting environmental infractions and pollution incidents to the agency for prompt action.
The latest enforcement underscores renewed regulatory scrutiny on industrial operators amid growing concerns over environmental pollution and public health risks in several parts of the country.
NESREA Shuts Kano Rice Plant Over Environmental Violations
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
