Connect with us

Uncategorized

Troops rescue 12 kidnap victims after clearance operation in mandara mountains

Published

on

Troops rescue 12 kidnap victims after clearance operation in mandara mountains

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have rescued 12 kidnap victims seven women and five children abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists along the Gwoza–Limankara road in Borno State.

Zagazola reports that the victims, who were seized on Nov. 14 while travelling along the route, were freed on Sunday following a coordinated clearance operation in the Mandara Mountains under Operation Desert Sanity IV/Diligent Search.

Sources said that the rescue was conducted by troops under 26 Task Force Brigade, working jointly with hybrid forces, hunters and vigilantes.

The sources said troops launched a limited offensive in the early hours of Sunday, advancing along the Mandara Mountain foothills up to Uvaha, where they engaged the terrorists with “a high volume of fire”, forcing them to abandon the captives and flee.

“The victims, who had scattered into nearby bushes for safety during the firing, later emerged and moved towards the road, where troops rescued them at about 08:45 a.m.,” the sources added.

The rescued women were identified as Fadi Musa, Jummai Manga, Hamsatu Musa, Jummai Ali, Inna Amadu, Falmata Musa and Hadiza Hamman, alongside five children.

The victims, who trekked long distances after being abandoned, were taken to the brigade field ambulance for treatment of blisters and other injuries, with some reporting they had been severely beaten by the terrorists during captivity.

They were later provided meals and handed over to the representative of the Chairman, Gwoza Local Government Area, for reunification with their families.

Troops rescue 12 kidnap victims after clearance operation in mandara mountains

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

Published

on

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

By: Zagazola Makama

Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, Chief of Operations at the Naval Headquarters (NHQ), has died following a brief illness.

Rear Admiral Katagum, a highly respected officer of the Nigerian Navy, recently served at Defence Headquarters and was formerly the Chief of Naval Intelligence.

He was recently appointed Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, a role in which he oversaw critical operational activities and contributed significantly to Nigeria’s maritime security.

During his distinguished career, Rear Admiral Katagum’s contributions to national security were immeasurable. He played a pivotal role in shaping operational strategies, strengthening intelligence capabilities, and mentoring generations of officers who would go on to emulate his professionalism and dedication.

His insight, foresight, and meticulous approach to operations ensured that the Nigerian Navy remained vigilant, formidable, and ready to defend the nation’s maritime interests. His contributions played a vital role in safeguarding Nigeria’s territorial waters and enhancing the operational readiness of the Nigerian Navy.

The news of his death has sent ripples of grief through the Armed Forces, with his colleagues describing him as a symbol of courage, discipline, and service excellence. Senior naval officers have expressed profound sorrow over the loss of a visionary leader whose legacy will endure within the Navy.

Beyond his professional accomplishments, he will be remembered for his humility, his generosity of spirit, and his unwavering commitment to the welfare of those who served alongside him.

As we mourn this extraordinary officer, we celebrate a life dedicated to the service of Nigeria, a life marked by courage, honor, and excellence.

May his soul rest in perfect peace, and may the Almighty grant comfort to his family, colleagues, and all who had the privilege of serving with him.

Nigerian Navy Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, dies after illness

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

Published

on

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

By: Zagazola Makama

The Police Command in Kwara State has arrested 19 suspected bandits and cattle rustlers during a bush clearance operation around Ekati village, Lade.

Police sources said the operation, carried out in collaboration with Miyetti Allah vigilantes, led to the arrest of 10 suspects, including Mohammed Salihu, 25; Mohammadu Musa, 23; Abubakar Sani aka Siddi, 25; Yusuf Isah aka Lariya, 22; Mohammadu Ibrahim aka Iro, 21; Mohammadu Sani aka Kachalla Ruga, 65; Musa Ado aka Mandu, 65; Abubakar Adamu aka Buba, 26; Mohammadu Zangina, 25; and Abubakar Shaibu aka Jijji, 20.

Most of the suspects were reportedly from Zamfara State, while one hailed from Niger Republic and another from Katsina State.

Police said 370 cows and 58 goats were recovered as exhibits from the suspects.

Investigation into the incident is ongoing, the command added.

Police arrest 19 suspected bandits, recover 370 cows, 58 goats in Kwara

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

Published

on

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigeria Police Force in Akwa Ibom State have neutralised two suspected kidnappers and recovered a firearm during a tactical operation along waterways in the state.

Police sources said the operation was conducted at about 11:10 p.m. on Feb. 16 by a SWAT team following credible intelligence on the activities of a militant group identified as the “Blin Blin Marine Strike Force,” allegedly operating along the Uruan waterways and Itu waterfronts.

According to the sources, officers on a clearance mission at Ikot Ika waterfront encountered the suspects in a gun duel. During the exchange, one police inspector sustained gunshot injuries and was rushed to hospital, where he is currently responding to treatment.

Two members of the group were neutralised during the encounter, while others reportedly escaped through the waterways with gunshot wounds.

Items recovered from the suspects included a G3 assault rifle and four rounds of live ammunition.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the group was allegedly led by Ubong Effiong Archibong, also known as “Condiment,” who was on a police wanted list over alleged involvement in multiple kidnapping and violent crime incidents, including attacks on prominent individuals and security personnel.

The police said operations were ongoing to track down fleeing members of the gang and dismantle the remaining criminal network.

Police neutralise two suspected kidnappers, recover rifle in Akwa Ibom

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights