Crime
Two Brothers Paraded for Faking Facebook Account of FCT Commandant of NSCDC
Two Brothers Paraded for Faking Facebook Account of FCT Commandant of NSCDC
By: Michael Mike
Two brothers have been caught in connection with the creation of a false Facebook to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.
They were caught seven months after a manhunt was launch for internet fraudsters who created a false Facebook account of the FCT Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Olusola Odumosu.
Speaking at the FCT Command of the NSCDC on Tuesday at the parade of the two brothers, Henry Ushie Odep, 34 years, and Emanuel Ushie Odep, 23 years, Odumosu said: “You will recall that some time in September, 2023, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) alerted the public in a press release of the existence of a fake Facebook account opened by an individual in the name of Commandant Olusola Odumosu, FCT Commandant.

“This effort became necessary to distance myself from the said Facebook account so that unsuspecting Nigerians would not fall in the hands of the fraudsters.
“Upon this discovery , I gave a directive to the intelligence and investigation team and the Anti-Fraud unit to unravel the person(s) behind the fake Facebook account.
“Today, I am glad to inform you that the manhunt which began about 7 months ago, followed by a well coordinated covert operation by my men, with the assistance of our counterparts in Delta and Anambra State Command, finally paid off as we have in our custody the master minds behind the fraudulent Facebook account.
“They are Henry Ushie Odep, male, 34 years, Cross Rivers, and Emanuel Ushie Odep, male, 23 years, Cross Rivers State.
“One of the suspects, Emmanuel Ushie was the first to be apprehended after being lured to Abuja, made a very useful confessional statement which led to the arrest of Henry Ushie Odep, his elder brother, who incidentally had the phone used to operate the fake Facebook account on him at the point of arrest in Asaba, Delta State.
Emmanuel confessed that his brother, Henry Ushie Odep is a yahoo boy and was the one that created the fake Facebook account bearing Olusola Odumosu immediately he was appointed as the FCT Commandant in August, 2023.
He admitted to being the one withdrawing monies sent to the Opay account by his brother (Henry) through POS machines until he was arrested by the officers of the FCT Command in Abuja.
“On his part, Henry Ushie Odep informed that he started online fraud in 2016 and he is the one who lured his younger brother, (Emmanuel Ushie) into the fraudulent act because he was disturbing him for (small small) funds. He confessed to duping a lot of unsuspecting Nigerians of different sums of money under different guises in cyberspace.
“He also disclosed that he is the same person behind the defrauding of so many people through a fake Facebook account opened in the name of late Helen Amakiri, eight years ago (2016), then an Assistant Commandant General.
“This is one amongst many other accounts they have impersonated and duped people.”
Odumosu added that: “Investigation revealed that they operate Opay, moniepoint and Palmpay accounts to receive money from unsuspecting persons, but no bank account with traditional commercial banks. They also used two accounts belonging to one Victory Chinagorom, who according to them never knew they were into cyber fraud.
“According to Henry, his friend, Chibuike Okorie introduced him to cyber crime. The said Chibuike is currently in Kuwait as he has relocated from Nigeria.
The following people, Amadi Chisom (F) 31 years old and Mrs. Okafor Evelyn (F) 24 years whose names came up in the course of investigation and arrested alongside the principal suspect had been granted bail, pending when they would be required in the course of prosecution. This is because findings revealed they had no knowledge of the crime committed by the duo of Emmanuel Ushie and Henry Ushie.”
He disclosed that items recovered from the suspects include ; Moniepoint POS machine, Opay POS machine, Tecno spark 10 phone, Tecno pop 8 phone and Infinix phone.
He added that investigation is still on going, when it is concluded they will be prosecuted according to the extant laws.
Two Brothers Paraded for Faking Facebook Account of FCT Commandant of NSCDC
Crime
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic accident at a mining site in Zurak, Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, has left 37 miners dead and 25 others hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas while working deep underground.
Zagazola Makama learnt from sources that the incident occurred at the Solid Mining Company early on Feb. 18.
The sources said the victims, mostly young men aged between 20 and 35 years, were conducting routine mining operations when they inhaled toxic gas that had accumulated in the poorly ventilated tunnels.
Eyewitnesses described the scene as chaotic, with miners collapsing inside the tunnels and colleagues rushing to evacuate survivors.
Rescue teams, alongside mining site personnel, quickly cordoned off the affected area and transported 25 victims to a nearby primary health centre, where they are receiving treatment. Some of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.

Police sources confirmed that the mining site has been fully secured to prevent further exposure and to allow investigators to determine the exact circumstances that led to the gas leak. “The site is under strict control, and emergency protocols are being followed to manage the situation,” one source said.
The tragedy has draw attention to the longstanding safety challenges in the underground mining industry, particularly the risk of gas exposure in deep tunnels.
Experts note that proper ventilation, gas monitoring systems, and emergency preparedness are critical to preventing such disasters.
Authorities have pledged a thorough investigation, including assessing whether the mining company complied with existing safety standards and determining accountability. Further updates, including confirmed identities of victims and official responses from regulators, are expected.
Tragedy in Plateau: Carbon monoxide exposure claims 37 lives at Wase mining site
Crime
NSCDC Busts Criminal Ring in Abuja, Arrests 10 Suspects in Vandalism, Kidnapping Crackdown
NSCDC Busts Criminal Ring in Abuja, Arrests 10 Suspects in Vandalism, Kidnapping Crackdown
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has dealt a major blow to criminal networks in Abuja and neighboring states, arresting ten suspects involved in vandalism, theft, and kidnapping, in a high-stakes operation by its elite Special Intelligence Squad (SIS) and Crack Squad.
The arrests come under directives from NSCDC Commandant General, Prof. Ahmed Audi, aimed at protecting lives, national assets, and critical infrastructure.

According to a statement on Tuesday by the spokesman of NSCDC, Afolabi Babawale, six suspects were apprehended for vandalising electrical and communication installations and stealing government property.
Items recovered from them include large quantities of armored cables, heavy-duty hacksaws, ropes, and water pipes. Notable arrests included:
He said arrested were Suleiman Ibrahim, caught at Jabi Park with stolen cables and tools; Umar Rabiu (18) arrested at Berger Junction with significant recovered materials; Muktar Yusuf (22) and Ibrahim Haruna (18), implicated in infrastructure vandalism and theft.
He added that four additional suspects were apprehended for kidnapping, cattle rustling, and related offenses, including Ali Musa of Garko and Musa Juli, a Niger national operating illegally in Nasarawa State. Two other suspects, Umar Abdullahi (30) and Murtala Ibrahim (22) arrested for kidnapping and theft.
Meanwhile, the Commandant Apollo Dandaura, head of the SIS, disclosed that some suspects were intercepted in manhole channels around Berger Roundabout, while others were armed. In one intense encounter, a suspect was neutralized after engaging operatives in a gun duel, underscoring the risks faced by NSCDC personnel in the field.
He disclosed that all suspects have confessed to their involvement and will face trial in competent courts.
NSCDC reaffirmed its zero-tolerance stance against vandalism, sabotage, and threats to government assets, while commending the public for providing actionable intelligence that led to the operation’s success.
The Corps emphasized that protecting lives, property, and national infrastructure remains a top priority and called on citizens to continue supporting security agencies in combating crime.
NSCDC Busts Criminal Ring in Abuja, Arrests 10 Suspects in Vandalism, Kidnapping Crackdown
Crime
Troops intercept suspects with N37m cash in Borno
Troops intercept suspects with N37m cash in Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Army troops of Operation HADIN KAI, have intercepted five suspects conveying about N37 million in cash under suspicious circumstances.
Security sources said the suspects were apprehended while travelling in a red Golf wagon with registration number MNG 463 XA en route to Magumeri.
The sources disclosed that the vehicle was stopped at a checkpoint by troops on routine security duty, leading to the discovery of the large sum of money concealed inside a “Ghana must go” bag and a sack.
Preliminary investigation indicated that the two women and three men initially claimed they did not know the total amount in their possession, but later alleged that the cash was meant for distribution to beneficiaries of a non-governmental organisation.
The troops also recovered about 10 assorted mobile phones from the suspects during the search.
The sources said the suspects, along with the recovered cash and exhibits, would be handed over to the appropriate authorities for further investigation.
Security officials reiterated their commitment to tightening surveillance across operational areas to prevent movement of illicit funds and other items that could aid criminal or insurgent activities.
Troops intercept suspects with N37m cash in Borno
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
