Connect with us

News

Yobe Govt. Distributes Multi-billion Naira Agricultural Empowerment Equipment Free To Farmers …..Dance In celebration of Gov. Buni

Published

on

Yobe Govt. Distributes Multi-billion Naira Agricultural Empowerment Equipment Free To Farmers …..Dance In celebration of Gov. Buni

By: Mamman Mohammed

Yobe state government has commenced distribution of the Multi-Billion Naira agricultural equipment, assorted seeds and agro-chemicals procured for the state agricultural Empowerment Programme in five local government areas of Zone A covering 53 Wards, while Zones B and C Senatorial districts would follow after completion of Zone A senatorial district.

The distribution commenced yesterday in Yunusari, Geidam, Bursari, Tarmuwa and Gulani local government areas covering 1,590 farmers, continuing in Gujba and Damaturu.

Over 1,060 male farmers in the five local government areas were provided free of charge with 159 Hand Ploughs, 159 Powered Hand Tillers, 212 Multi-Purpose Threshers, 530 Solar Powered Pumps, 3,180 bags of Fertilizers, 530 Hand Push Planters, 1,060 Knapsack Sprayers, 10,600kg Assorted seeds, 10,600 liters of Agro-chemicals, among others, while 530 female beneficiaries received three small ruminants each.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, represented by Vice President kashim Shettima performed the ceremonial launch of the Multi Billion equipment procured by Yobe state government to boost food security and economic growth..

Yobe state Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, said, a total of over 5300 farmers across the 178 wards in the 17 Local Government Areas are to benefit from the empowerment programme to improve agricultural productivity, ensure food sufficiency and security, and to stimulate economic growth.

The governor warned against abuse of the tractors, vehicles and motorcycles for extension services, and selling of the equipment, directing security agencies to impound and arrest persons moving the equipment out of the state.

Meanwhile, beneficiaries of the empowerment programme commended Governor Buni for the initiative and supporting farmers to cultivate their food needs and to improve their economy.

Babagana Ali, a beneficiary from Yunusari, said the support would enable him to expand his farmland for more food cultivation.

Musa Aliyu in Geidam, said he is cultivating his farm now in the rainy season, and would also engage in irrigation with the assistance of the equipment given to him.

Hajj Fanna Modu in Bursari, could not hide her joy after receiving the ruminants “thank you Governor Buni. I am sure my grandchildren would benefit from these goats given to me”. she said, while dancing in celebration.

Yobe Govt. Distributes Multi-billion Naira Agricultural Empowerment Equipment Free To Farmers …..Dance In celebration of Gov. Buni

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights