Connect with us

News

Yobe: Over 10,000 houses destroyed by flood in Yusufari

Published

on

Yobe: Over 10,000 houses destroyed by flood in Yusufari

By: Yahaya Wakili

The Chairman of the Assessment Committee of flood victims in Yusufari local government area of Yobe state, Malam Baba Alkali, has said so far over 10,000 houses were completely collapsed by the floodwaters in the local government area.

He said the flood has affected almost all parts of the local government, and the chairman of the local government council has constituted a 15-man committee under me to go round all the local government to assess the level of the damage caused by the flood disaster.

Malam Baba Alkali disclosed this to newsmen in Yusufari, the headquarters of the local government. He said the committee comprises civil servants, politicians, and security agents, and the reference of the committee is to go round all the local government and assess the damage.

“We have 10 wards in the local government, and in each ward at least we have identified over 1,000 houses that were collapsed; no lives were lost, but many people sustained injuries, farmlands, and properties worth millions of naira were destroyed, he said.

He said we also constituted a committee that included the security agents and the vice chairman. They go around and identify 28 households that are in critical condition and need emergency attention. The committee assists them with some amount, and we do this out of the money that the chairman releases to us for the work of our committee.

Malam Baba Alkali revealed that even the Emir of Yusufari, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Muhammad Ibn Zannah Zakaria, visited some villages and saw things by himself and sympathized with them.

Alkali maintained that people continue giving us donations, like our distinguished Senator, Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan Ph.D., GCON donates ten million naira, and Member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Tijjani Zannah Zakaria. Five million naira, Member Yobe State House of Assembly, Hon. Hassan Muhammed, two million naira, and Hon. Commissioner of Health, Dr. Lawan Gana One million naira, respectively.

Therefore, we are appealing to the people that the door of the donation is still open and calls on individuals, politicians, and well-meaning people to assist the people of Yusufari local government.

Yobe: Over 10,000 houses destroyed by flood in Yusufari

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

Published

on

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI in collaboration with local vigilantes and Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have neutralised a suspected Boko Haram fighter and recovered logistics items during an ambush at Gwadale deserted village along the Ngoshe–Kirawa road in Adamawa State.

Sources said that at about 12:50 a.m. on Thursday, troops engaged a confirmed number of suspected terrorists who were conveying logistics items.

The troops opened fire with a high volume of rounds, resulting in the neutralisation of one terrorist, while others reportedly fled in disarray with possible gunshot wounds.

Following the engagement, troops conducted exploitation of the general area and recovered one carton of Klin detergent and a bag of salt. The troops returned to their forward operating base at Pulka at about 2:30 a.m. same day.

Officials said the operation illustrated ongoing efforts to disrupt Boko Haram’s supply lines and restore security in the affected axis.

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

Published

on

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigerian Army troops have arrested a suspected Boko Haram logistics supplier, Ismail Muhammed, 28, in the Visik General area of Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State.

Sources said the arrest was carried out on Thursday by the troops of 28 Task Force Brigade in collaboration with local vigilantes and hunters.

Items recovered from the suspect included one AK-47 magazine, one round of 7.62mm special ammunition, a jungle hat, 10 bags of salt, two cartons of spaghetti, two sachets of seasoning cubes, a sachet of tom-tom, and bitter kola.

The suspect is currently in custody for further investigation, authorities said, as operations continue to disrupt Boko Haram supply chains in the North-East region.

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

Continue Reading

News

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

Published

on

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

By: Zagazola Makama

At least one soldier was killed and five others wounded during a night attack on a Battalion of the Rapid Intervention Brigade (BIR) post along the Cameroon-Nigeria border in Bargaram.

Zagazola learnt that the incident occurred between the night of Feb. 18 and the early hours of Feb. 19 at approximately 01:00 a.m., when armed assailants launched an assault on the military installation.

The attack resulted in the death of Private Second Class WAKOM Spkassa Barthélémy (Service No. T2024/53715), while five soldiers sustained injuries, including one reported in critical condition.

Security forces reportedly engaged the attackers, neutralizing five terrorists and recovering a significant cache of weapons and ammunition. Items seized include eight AK-47 rifles, a PKM machine gun, one anti-personnel rocket, two anti-tank rockets, a grenade launcher, 11 AK-47 magazine boxes, 242 rounds of 7.62 x 54 mm ammunition, 121 rounds of 7.62 x 39 mm ammunition, a motorcycle, and a camera.

The wounded soldiers were evacuated to the District Hospital of Mada for medical treatment, while the body of the fallen soldier was transferred to the mortuary of the Regional Hospital of Maroua.

Authorities have been urged intensified security measures along the border region to prevent further attacks and maintain operational readiness.

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights