Connect with us

News

Zulum assents to 2024 appropriation bill of N358.7b into law

Published

on

Zulum assents to 2024 appropriation bill of N358.7b into law

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, has assented to the 2024 appropriation bill of N358,732,146,000.00 passed by Borno State House of Assembly with an adjustment amounting to N18.1b.

With the increase in the budget size, the revised capital expenditure now stands at over N208.4b while the revised recurrent expenditure is N150.4b.

The revised appropriation bill was presented by the speaker of Borno State House of Assembly, Abdulkarim Lawan, to the governor at the council chamber of the Government House in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

Speaking at the event, Zulum charged heads of agencies and members of the state executive council to comply strictly with the provisions of the appropriation bill while presenting their memos for approval.

The governor also commended the leadership and members of Borno State House of Assembly for approving the budget on time.

“We have to commend the leadership of the House of Assembly, we also have to commend the maturity of the house,” Zulum said.

Zulum also expressed his optimism regarding the potential impact of the appropriation bill, emphasizing that with capital expenditure standing at N208.7b, it is designed to provide dividends of democracy to the people of Borno State.

Earlier, the speaker of Borno State House of Assembly commended the governor for the quality projects he has executed across the state in the last five years.

The speaker noted that the upward review of the appropriation bill was to capture some areas of critical significance to the lives of the people.

The speaker was accompanied by his deputy, Engr Abdullahi Askira, and other principal officers of Borno State House of Assembly.

Zulum assents to 2024 appropriation bill of N358.7b into law

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights