Connect with us

News

Zulum hands 9 armoured vehicles to Borno Police

Published

on

Zulum hands 9 armoured vehicles to Borno Police

… More support coming, Gov says
… Lauds Buhari, IGP

By: Babagana Wakil

Governor Babagana Umara Zulum on Tuesday handed over nine armoured personnel carriers to the Borno Command of the Nigerian Police Force to increase their capacity in crime prevention and responses.

Commissioner of Police in the state, Abdu Umar, received the APCs during a brief ceremony held in Maiduguri.

Zulum at the presentation commended the Borno Police Command and other security establishments for their extreme commitment in the fight against Boko Haram and preventing other crimes across the 27 local government areas of the state.

Our correspondent reports that Governor Zulum has, in nearly four years, released more than 1,300 patrol vehicles to a combination of the military, police, DSS, the paramilitary and volunteers in the civilian JTF, hunters and vigilantes who have formations in all of Borno’s 27 local government areas.

… More APCs coming, Gov. says

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum has promised to approve more armoured personnel carriers and other forms of support to the Nigerian Police and other security outfits working to restore peace in Borno State.

“Our administration will continue to support the Nigerian Police to deliver their objectives of protecting lives and properties of citizens. We will buy more APCs and Insha Allah we will extend more pf our support to all the security agencies” Zulum said.

… Lauds Buhari, IGP

The governor commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his ceaseless commitment in the fight against insurgents which has significantly helped in Borno’s ongoing stability.

“For us in Borno State, there is nothing we can say rather than to thank the federal government under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari for restoring peace and stability in Borno State. This can never be feasible without the support of the Nigerian military, the Nigerian Police, the DSS, NSCDC, paramilitary and our volunteers”, Zulum said.

Zulum also paid tribute to the Inspector General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman.

“Let me commend the Inspector General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, for the giant stride he has been making in reforming the Nigerian Police and ensuring peace and stability in the country since he assumed the mantle of leadership as the IGP”, the Governor noted.

Zulum hands 9 armoured vehicles to Borno Police

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

News

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Published

on

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

By: Zagazola Makama

A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.

Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.

The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.

Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.

The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.

Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.

The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.

Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.

U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights