Connect with us

Crime

Nigeria: 1,250 Boko Haram surrendered after 200 fighters, families killed by ISWAP in Borno

Published

on

Nigeria: 1,250 Boko Haram surrendered after 200 fighters, families killed by ISWAP in Borno

By: Zagalola Makama

At least 1,250 fleeing Boko Haram fighters and families have surrendered to Nigerian troops in the country’s North East in the last seven days following a deadly clash with the rival Islamic State of the West African Province (Iswap) that claimed over 200 lives.

ISWAP terrorists carried out reprisal attacks on Boko Haram fighters on February 26 and 27, 2023 in Gaizuwa, Mantari, Gabchari, Kashimiri and Maimusari in Bama, North East Borno state.

The ISWAP group successfully dislodged Boko Haram, killing scores of them and forcing survivors to flee their camps together with their families.

A top Military sources revealed that the ISWAP group intercepted the fleeing terrorists in Yale in Konduga and Choliye in Gudumbali LGA and nutrialised morethan 200 of them.

The ISWAP stormed another hideouts in Asinari, Ashanari and Masarmari area in Konduga on March 1, 2023 and killed another scores of other fighters.

The sources explained that the sustained inter-rivalry clash of the groups, triggered massive surrendering of the militants in Mafa, Konduga and Bama Local Government Areas.

He said “The militants surrendered because of the fear that they will be nutrialised by either the Super Tukano’s of the Military or ISWAP rival faction.

“There was no hiding place anymore for them. If they stay in an open ground, they will be killed and they attempt to cross over to the ISWAP strongholds in Northern Borno, they will get killed too.

He said “So far, we have received 1,250 fighters and their families within one week. This overwhelming number was the highest we have recieved at a very short period of time in different parts of the theartre.

“The surrendered suspects who also came out with about 1,000 livestock, confessed that the ISWAP were after their lives as they do not spear women and children.

“Among those who surrendered were women who had been enslaved by, conscripted by or minors born to the insurgents,”he said.

The military sources said profiling of the surrendered terrorists is ongoing, after which the individuals will be handed over to the appropriate agencies for further rehabilitation.

Recalled that the military authority said as many as 100,000 fighters and family members, along with their captives, have left Boko Haram.

The largest wave of defections by terror group was attributed to the death of Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram’s leader, who blew himself up in May 2021, during a rival clash with ISWAP.

Nigeria: 1,250 Boko Haram surrendered after 200 fighters, families killed by ISWAP in Borno

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Published

on

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

A deadly clash broke out between members of the nomadic Fulani and Hausa communities at Dan Sokoto Model Primary School in Bungudu Township, Zamfara State, during the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr on April 1, 2025.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation resulted in the death of 17-year-old Abbas Sani, a resident of Kuga Village.

He was found in a pool of blood and was rushed to General Hospital Bungudu, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel. The body was subsequently deposited at the hospital morgue.

In response to the incident, security forces launched an intensive raid in the area, leading to the arrest of 15 suspects.

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Published

on

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Two soldiers from the 312 Battalion Kalapanzi Barracks in Kaduna were attacked by armed assailants on April 2, 2025, at Babar Saura around 4:41 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makaka that three attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, shot the soldiers, leaving one, Corporal James (surname unknown), dead, and Private Ibrahim Bazalla injured. The assailants stole two AK-47 rifles from the soldiers before fleeing the scene.

The victims were rushed to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, where Corporal James was confirmed dead, while Private Bazalla is receiving medical treatment for his injuries.

Following a coordinated operation by the military, police and vigilante groups, the assailants were tracked to Degel2, Kaduna, where they abandoned a silver Toyota Corolla. As they attempted to escape, the attackers snatched a white Toyota Venza from a civilian, Abdullahi Mohammed, of Badarawa, Kaduna.

Efforts to arrest the suspects and recover the stolen vehicle are ongoing.

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights