Connect with us

News

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

Published

on

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

By: Bodunrin Kayode 

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, has said that he was in Maiduguri last week to ginger his officers and men to change the narrative of the war by thinking outside the box to get positive results.

General Oluyede said that for too long the Army has been thinking after the same old pattern of fighting asymmetric warfare, adding that it was time to think differently so that the enemy would be flushed out completely.

General Oluyede said he was not unaware of the strengths and weaknesses of his troops, which is why the entire management team in the Army Headquarters will make sure that more sophistication is added to their existing platforms to enable them to increase their strengths and overcome the enemy on all fronts once and for all.

In a jam-packed interview after he had toured critical areas of the theater, the Army chief went on: “I’m here to speak to my officers and soldiers and to appraise their operational readiness, and that I have done. What is going to be new here is that we need to reappraise our operations so that we can get a different result. 

“We don’t want to continue with operations whereby we’ll be doing what we’ve been doing before and getting the same results. Now, we want different results. So we’ve sat down. We have strategized. We’re going to bring in more importance into our challenges, bringing more platforms to support the soldiers so that they can do their work well. 

“I think we have achieved that aim. So we’re going back to Abuja to see how we can add more to their platforms to support them in the operations, and I’m sure we’ll get better returns.” Said the army chief. 

Responding to questions on challenges affecting the Commanders and men on the ground, the Army chief went on: “I’m very aware of these challenges, but I want to take one moment to make you realize the fact that there will always be challenges. 

“Now, the most important thing is how we react to those challenges. If you recall, I was in Sokoto when the issue of the Lakurawa people came up. I was prompted to go to Sokoto then, and the essence of me going was to see what we could do to make things better. 

“And for the past two months, you must have seen that something is being done there. I’m talking about Zamfara, and you know, North West in general; we are also going to be backing up the operations with technology to see how we can make things better.”

Army Chief urges troops to think outside the box to end the insurgency war

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Published

on

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

By: Zagazola Makama

An 18-year-old youth, identified as Bakura Muhammed, was fatally stabbed on April 4, 2025, during a violent clash between rival youth groups in Maiduguri.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation occurred at about 4:30 PM in the Ajari and Tashan Lara areas, where youths from both sides engaged in a free-for-all fight.

The victim was fatally stabbed on the stomach. He was immediately transported to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, by the security personnel from Maiduguri Borno police command, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel.

A police sources said that seven individuals, aged between 15 and 24, have been arrested in connection with the incident. They include Ba’abba Kyari (20), Ali Alhaji GoniAli (20), Muhammed Audu (18), Ali Isa (15), Adam Sabir (15), Mohammed Tujja (17), and Usman Kasim (24).

Authorities are still searching for other members of the gang who fled the scene.

The victim’s body has been deposited at the hospital morgue for autopsy and was later released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Continue Reading

News

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Published

on

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion occurred in Meleri Village, Damboa Local Government Area, on April 4, 2025, leaving one person injured.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that one Alhaji Sanda, a resident of Hansari IDP Camp, and Bulama Zarayye, aged 40, were collecting baobab tree seeds when Zarayye accidentally stepped on an IED.

The device, believed to have been planted by ISWAP, exploded, causing injuries to Zarayye’s buttock, right hand, and lap.

A combined security team, including the Military and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (EOD-CBRN) unit, was promptly dispatched to the scene.

The area was cordoned off, and a search for additional explosive devices was conducted, but no further devices were found.

Zarayye was taken to the General Hospital in Damboa, where he is currently receiving treatment and is reported to be in stable condition.

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Continue Reading

News

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Published

on

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

A tragic incident has been reported in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna, following the death of 21-year-old Abba Bello.

It was gathered that on April 2, 2025, Bello was arrested by a security guard at Old Panteka on suspicion of theft.

Abdullahi Usman, a suspected commander of the group, allegedly supervised the torture of Bello, leaving him unconscious.

Bello was initially taken to Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial Hospital for treatment but was later transferred to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital. Despite receiving medical care, he succumbed to his injuries on April 4, 2025, around 5:00 AM.

The deceased’s family has declined a post-mortem examination, and his body was released for burial as per their request.

Efforts to apprehend the suspects are ongoing.

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights