Crime
NDLEA seizes 6 vehicles, 40ft trailer load skunk in Abuja
NDLEA seizes 6 vehicles, 40ft trailer load skunk in Abuja
. Intercepts Australia-bound cocaine in face cream bottles in Lagos
By: Michael
Mike
A 40ft trailer load of skunk, a strain of cannabis, weighing 2,217.6 kilogrammes has been intercepted by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at an abandoned fuel station in Kagini, Kubwa area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Abuja.
The truck was intercepted while the drug in it is being distributed into six vehicles for onward distribution to some Northern states.
A statement on Sunday by the spokesman of the anti-narcotics agency, Femi Babafemi said the intelligence-led operation, which took place at 1:20am on Saturday led to the seizure of not only the large illicit consignment but also the trailer and the six vehicles: Toyota Van, Toyota Camry car, Toyota Sienna bus, JAC 4-wheel-drive Hilux truck, Toyota Corolla car and a Vento Passat car as well as the arrest of a suspect: 42-year-old Isaac Desmond.
Babafemi added that the consignment was loaded into the trailer at Uzebba in Owan local council area of Edo State.
In another raid in the FCT, according to the spokesman, two suspects: Anthony Nnamdi, 42, and Abba Ali, 27, were arrested by NDLEA officers at Nyanya, where a combined 1.398 kilogrammes cocaine and a precursor substance used in preparing crack cocaine were recovered from them.
He said no fewer than 20 wraps of cocaine weighing 330 grammes have been recovered from a cargo going to Australia at a logistics firm in Lagos by officers of the Directorate of Operations and General Investigation (DOGI) in NDLEA, noting that the cocaine parcels were concealed around the body of face cream containers in the shipment.

Babafemi added that a total of 338,200 bottles of codeine-based syrup worth more than N1,190,168,200.00 in street value, were intercepted in two containers watch-listed by the agency following processed intelligence.
He revealed that the illicit consignments were discovered during joint examination of the containers by NDLEA operatives, Customs and other security agencies last Thursday and Friday at the Port Harcourt Ports Complex, Onne, Rivers state.
In Lagos, the traditional chief priest of the Igunuko shrine, Alpha beach Ajah Lekki where 2,760 kilogrammes skunk was recovered on 25th October 2024, Bariu Aliu (alias Malo) has been arrested by NDLEA operatives after over three months of manhunt for him. Though two of his accomplices were earlier arrested at the shrine last year and had since been charged and convicted in court, Bariu was said to be the leader of the syndicate.
A suspect, Habibu Ya’u, 23, was nabbed by NDLEA officers who raided Gadar Tamburawa, Zaria road, Kano last Thursday where they recovered 45 blocks of cannabis weighing 24.2 kilogrammes; and 40,800 pills of opioids including tramadol from him.

Babafemi said with the same vigour, commands and formations of the agency across the country continued their War Against Drug Abuse (WADA) sensitization activities to schools, worship centres, work places and communities among others in the past week.
Meanwhile, the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (Rtd), while commending the officers and men of DOGI, FCT, PHPC, Lagos, and Kano commands of the agency for the arrests and seizures, stated that their operational successes and those of their compatriots across the country especially their balanced approach to drug supply reduction and drug demand reduction efforts are well appreciated.
NDLEA seizes 6 vehicles, 40ft trailer load skunk in Abuja
Crime
Troops repel ISWAP attack in Chibok as NAF obliterates scores of fleeing terrorists
Troops repel ISWAP attack in Chibok as NAF obliterates scores of fleeing terrorists
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), early Saturday repelled a large-scale attack by ISWAP/Boko Haram terrorists in Chibok, Borno State, while the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) neutralised scores of the fleeing fighters during a follow-up air interdiction.
Zagazola gathered that the terrorists, numbering over 300, launched a coordinated multi-front assault on the community at about 3:00 a.m., attempting to breach defensive locations and overwhelm deployed troops.
A security source told Zagazola that the soldiers immediately responded with superior firepower and well-coordinated manoeuvres, engaging the attackers in a two-hour gun battle that forced them to retreat toward the Timbuktu Triangle.
“The troops were alert and professionally contained the attack. There was no casualty on our side, and no equipment was affected,” the source said.
Following the terrorists’ withdrawal, ground forces requested air support, prompting the immediate deployment of NAF combat aircraft to the identified withdrawal axis.
“The NAF jet delivered precise and devastating strikes along the terrorists’ escape route, obliterating a significant number of the fighters and disrupting their movement,” the source added.
According to the sources, four major airstrikes were conducted by NAF combat aircraft along the terrorists’ withdrawal route toward the Timbuktu Triangle. The airstrikes were guided by real-time intelligence from ground troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK).
The sources said that the first wave of strikes targeted a cluster of fleeing terrorists attempting to regroup, “achieving significant degradation of the hostile elements.” Subsequent strikes pursued additional pockets of fighters dispersing into forested terrain.
In addition to the four strikes executed by manned aircraft, the sources confirms that another set of attacks was carried out by an unmanned aerial platform.
“The platform maintained continuous ISR coverage and engaged with high precision. Its strikes further eliminated retreating fighters and disrupted their movement pattern,” the sources notes.
The sources emphasised that the combination of air and ground coordination ensured that the terrorists suffered “substantial losses,” preventing any possibility of reorganisation after the failed offensive.
Troops repel ISWAP attack in Chibok as NAF obliterates scores of fleeing terrorists
Crime
Armed bandits attack Kwandawa village in Sokoto, most kidnapped victims rescued
Armed bandits attack Kwandawa village in Sokoto, most kidnapped victims rescued
By: Zagazola Makama
Armed bandits attacked Kwandawa village in Sokoto State in the early hours of November 26, kidnapping several residents, but most of the victims were rescued unharmed.
Zagazola report that the assailants, described as numerous and carrying sophisticated weapons, invaded the village around 2:30 a.m., firing sporadically and abducting an unspecified number of people.
A coordinated response engaged the attackers in a prolonged gun duel, forcing them to flee into nearby bushes with apparent gunshot injuries.
While the majority of the kidnapped villagers were rescued unhurt, two victims remain unaccounted for. No casualties were reported among the villagers or the responding security personnel.
Security forces are combing the surrounding area to rescue the remaining victims and apprehend the bandits, with neighboring districts alerted to block potential escape routes.
Armed bandits attack Kwandawa village in Sokoto, most kidnapped victims rescued
Crime
Troops foiled Armed bandits’ attack at Bulunku Zamzam Hotel in Gusau
Troops foiled Armed bandits’ attack at Bulunku Zamzam Hotel in Gusau
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected bandit attack was foiled by Nigerian troops in Gusau, Zamfara State, in the early hours of November 27, after gunmen stormed Bulunku Zamzam Hotel and areas behind NTA Samaru.
According to sources, the attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, engaged security operatives in a prolonged gun duel.
The confrontation forced the bandits to retreat, sustaining possible gunshot injuries. No abduction or casualties were recorded during the incident.
Patrols and monitoring remain active in the area to prevent further criminal activities and ensure public safety.
Troops foiled Armed bandits’ attack at Bulunku Zamzam Hotel in Gusau
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
News7 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
