Connect with us

Crime

Troops Arrest Suspected Bandits’ Informant in Katsina

Published

on

Troops Arrest Suspected Bandits’ Informant in Katsina

By Zagazola Makama

KATSINA — Troops have arrested an 18-year-old suspected informant for armed bandits after he was found allegedly gathering information on the deployment and capabilities of security forces in Musawa Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The arrest followed credible intelligence on the movement of armed bandits around the Katsina-Kano border, prompting troops to maintain blocking positions and surveillance across their area of responsibility.

According to a Special Situation Report obtained by Zagazola Makama, locals in Tsaure alerted troops at about 10:25 a.m. on Aug. 19 after observing a suspicious young man identified as Sa’adu Sama, from Girtaji village in Musawa LGA.

The suspect was reportedly seen loitering around the community and asking children questions about the deployment of troops, including their strength, vehicles, motorcycles and equipment.

The children quickly reported the suspicious activity to community elders, who subsequently alerted troops of the Forward Operating Base in Tsaure.

The troops immediately moved in and arrested the suspect.

Security sources said the suspect was subsequently moved to the Brigade Headquarters for further interrogation and investigation.

The arrest highlights the importance of community vigilance and timely information-sharing between residents and security forces in disrupting criminal networks and preventing bandit attacks.

The security situation around the Forward Operating Bases and Joint Task Force locations was described as calm, while troops continued monitoring activities in the area.

The morale and fighting spirit of the troops were also reported to remain high.

Troops Arrest Suspected Bandits’ Informant in Katsina

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police Arrest Two Suspected One-Chance Robbery Syndicate Members in Lagos

Published

on

Police Arrest Two Suspected One-Chance Robbery Syndicate Members in Lagos

By Zagazola Makama

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested two suspected members of a “one-chance” robbery syndicate over the alleged theft of a commercial tricycle in the Ojo area of the state.

The suspects, identified as Emeka Obi, 51, from Enugu State, and John Eze, 54, from Anambra State, were arrested at about 7 a.m. on Aug. 17 in the Iyana-Iba area of Ojo.

The suspects allegedly hired a tricycle belonging to a man identified as Ekene on Aug. 16, claiming they needed transportation to a hospital where their wife had delivered a newborn baby.

However, during the journey, the suspects allegedly stopped at a beer parlour around Kila Bus Stop, Ejigbo, where they took alcohol.

The report said the suspects subsequently asked the tricycle rider to purchase cigarettes.

While the rider was away, the suspects allegedly laced his drink with an unidentified substance.

The rider reportedly became unconscious and, upon regaining consciousness, discovered that his tricycle, with registration number KTU-334-QS, had been taken.

Following police investigation, the two suspects were arrested and the stolen tricycle was recovered and registered as an exhibit.

The suspects remain in police custody as investigation continues to establish their alleged roles and determine whether they are linked to other “one-chance” robbery incidents in Lagos.

Police Arrest Two Suspected One-Chance Robbery Syndicate Members in Lagos

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Rescue Four Minors in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Rescue Four Minors in Plateau

By Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 1, Operation ENDURING PEACE, have foiled an attempted kidnapping and rescued four minors in Agingi, Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

The incident occurred at about 5:45 p.m. on Aug. 17, when troops responded to a report that four children had been targeted by suspected kidnappers while returning from the farm.

The troops’ swift intervention forced the criminals to flee, leading to the rescue of the victims.

The rescued minors were identified as Happy Pius, 15; David Monday, 13; Mercy Pius, 14; and Joy Monday, 13.

The victims were subsequently reunited with their families, while security forces commenced efforts to track down and apprehend the fleeing suspects.

The successful intervention underscores the importance of rapid military response and community alerts in preventing criminal elements from abducting vulnerable residents in rural communities.

Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Rescue Four Minors in Plateau

Continue Reading

Crime

Minister Tours NEDC Projects in Borno, Reaffirms FG’s North-East Infrastructure Push

Published

on

Minister Tours NEDC Projects in Borno, Reaffirms FG’s North-East Infrastructure Push

By Halima Abatcha

The Minister of State for Regional Development, Uba Maigari Ahmadu, has reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to accelerating infrastructure development across the North-East.

The Minister gave the assurance during a two-day working visit to Borno State to inspect ongoing infrastructure projects being executed by the North-East Development Commission, NEDC.

The Minister’s inspection covered the 250-capacity bed hostel with kitchen, laundry and dining hall facilities at the Mohamet Lawan College of Agriculture, Maiduguri, as well as the Moro Moro and Fori Bridges, all being constructed by the North-East Development Commission.

At the College of Agriculture, the Minister, accompanied by the Managing Director of NEDC, Dr. Mohammed Goni Alkali, and senior management staff of the Commission, was received by the Provost of the institution, Professor Abba Makinta, alongside the supervising engineer.

The delegation was briefed on the level of work and the progress recorded so far.

The Minister commended the pace of construction and stressed the need for the project to be delivered according to approved specifications and within the required timeframe.

“Mr. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is deeply committed to the development and stabilisation of the North-East. The NEDC is one of the key instruments through which this commitment is being translated into concrete infrastructure interventions” Maigari said.

The Managing Director of NEDC, Dr. Mohammed Goni Alkali, reaffirmed the Commission’s commitment to providing quality infrastructure that addresses the needs of communities across the North-East.

The Minister and his entourage later inspected the Moro Moro Bridge, which was destroyed by the September 2024 Maiduguri flood and is now being reconstructed by NEDC as part of its intervention projects.

Briefing the Minister, the Supervising Engineer, Kori Shettima, gave a technical overview of the project, explaining that the bridge has a total length of approximately 120 metres.

Engr. Kori explained that the bridge is a vital infrastructure serving communities in Borno State and traders from neighbouring countries, as its reconstruction will ease the transportation of goods and improve access to the Gamboru International Market.

The Chairman of Moro Moro Market, Alhaji Modu Maiduguri, while commending NEDC for restoring the vital link, disclosed that the collapse of the bridge had negatively affected commercial activities in the area.

At the Galtimari-Fori ongoing construction Bridge, also affected by the September 2024 flood, Engr. Kori Shettima explained to the delegation that the 9 Span and 180 meters bridge is 80 per cent complete, with major structural works already completed and final works ongoing.

The Minister expressed satisfaction with the quality of work and commended the NEDC, the contractors and supervising engineers for the progress recorded, stressing the importance of delivering the projects in line with approved specifications and engineering standards.

He said the interventions are consistent with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s commitment to addressing the infrastructure deficit and promoting development across the North-East, assuring that the Ministry of Regional Development will continue to support NEDC in delivering its mandate and completing ongoing projects across the region.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has Borno at heart and is committed to the development of the North-East. We are here to ensure that this commitment translates into quality infrastructure, and the Ministry will continue to support NEDC in delivering these projects for the benefit of the people,” Uba said.

Speaking on the interventions, the Managing Director of NEDC, Dr. Mohammed Goni Alkali, said the Commission remains committed to completing its ongoing projects across Borno State and other parts of the North-East.

“Our commitment is to ensure that these projects are completed to specification and delivered for the benefit of the people. NEDC is implementing similar interventions across the North-East, and we will continue to work with reliable contractors and consultants to achieve timely and quality delivery.”

The Minister’s two-day visit formed part of the Ministry’s oversight responsibilities over projects being implemented by the North-East Development Commission, with a focus on ensuring compliance with approved specifications, quality standards and project timelines.

Minister Tours NEDC Projects in Borno, Reaffirms FG’s North-East Infrastructure Push

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights