Connect with us

Crime

Anambra Attack: Two Missing US Employees Now Safe, Under Custody of Nigerian Authorities- US Embassy

Published

on

Anambra Attack: Two Missing US Employees Now Safe, Under Custody of Nigerian Authorities- US Embassy

By: Michael Mike

Two U.S. Mission employees missing since the May 16 attack in Anambra state are alive and safe, and under the protection of Nigerian authorities in Anambra, the United States Embassy has said.

The Embassy in a statement on Friday said: “Two U.S. Mission employees missing since the May 16 attack in Anambra state are alive and safe, and under the protection of Nigerian authorities in Anambra.

“We have informed their families of their safe recovery. U.S. Mission personnel are on their way to meet and accompany them home.”

The statement further read: “We continue to work intensively with Nigerian security and law enforcement on this matter, to identify the victims previously found, and to bring to justice those responsible for this heinous attack. We welcome any information the public may have in this regard.

“We are deeply grateful for the partnership and solidarity of the Nigerian government and Nigerian security and law enforcement colleagues and mourn with them for those who died in the attack.”

Anambra Attack: Two Missing US Employees Now Safe, Under Custody of Nigerian Authorities- US Embassy

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Published

on

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

A deadly clash broke out between members of the nomadic Fulani and Hausa communities at Dan Sokoto Model Primary School in Bungudu Township, Zamfara State, during the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr on April 1, 2025.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation resulted in the death of 17-year-old Abbas Sani, a resident of Kuga Village.

He was found in a pool of blood and was rushed to General Hospital Bungudu, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel. The body was subsequently deposited at the hospital morgue.

In response to the incident, security forces launched an intensive raid in the area, leading to the arrest of 15 suspects.

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Published

on

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Two soldiers from the 312 Battalion Kalapanzi Barracks in Kaduna were attacked by armed assailants on April 2, 2025, at Babar Saura around 4:41 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makaka that three attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, shot the soldiers, leaving one, Corporal James (surname unknown), dead, and Private Ibrahim Bazalla injured. The assailants stole two AK-47 rifles from the soldiers before fleeing the scene.

The victims were rushed to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, where Corporal James was confirmed dead, while Private Bazalla is receiving medical treatment for his injuries.

Following a coordinated operation by the military, police and vigilante groups, the assailants were tracked to Degel2, Kaduna, where they abandoned a silver Toyota Corolla. As they attempted to escape, the attackers snatched a white Toyota Venza from a civilian, Abdullahi Mohammed, of Badarawa, Kaduna.

Efforts to arrest the suspects and recover the stolen vehicle are ongoing.

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights