Connect with us

Crime

Bandits abducts 4 women, others in Katsina

Published

on

Bandits abducts 4 women, others in Katsina

Bandits abducts 4 women, others in Katsina

….As Police recovered 80 Cows, 70 Sheep

By: James Bwala

Residents of Safawa, a community in Dutsinma, Katsina state in Northwest Nigeria on Saturday said they are constantly at the mercy of bandits operating in the area.

A resident of the community who identifies himself as Umaru Muhammadu told NEWSng that it was only prayers that have been sustaining the people.

According to him there was an abduction last week of 12 persons including the junior brother to their ward head, adding that yesterday the abduction took place.

“We do not know the number yet but they were mainly women and girls that were taken by the bandits. The government has continued to deceive that they are working but we are not seeing any result from the claims being put across to the Nigerian public.” Muhammadu said.

Also Read: NEMA APPOINTS NEW COORDINATOR FOR NORTH EAST ZONAL OFFICE

According to him, governor Masari had informed the people that he met with the President over the situation in Katsina severally but there was still no concrete solution to activities of bandits in the state.

“We were told the President is ours and the governor is also ours but bandits have continued to threaten our lives and we constantly pay ransom or levy as they would impose for them to be able to move freely in our villages.

“The government has imposed restrictions on how one can buy fuel at the fueling station for motorcycles. We cannot buy more than three litres of fuel for a motorcycle, which is about five hundred naira (N500). We were told this is to curtail the operations of the bandits. But the bandits always have their ranks full with fuel. So we don’t know who is supplying them when we cannot have a full tank within our locality.” He said.

NEWSng reports that this is coming even as the Police Command in Katsina State claimed that they have succeeded in killing two terrorists following a gun duel with the criminals.

Speaking on another development, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah said the Police had recovered One AK47 rifle and 150 animals from bandits. 

Mr. Isah however, did not explain the whereabouts of the abducted women and other residents or state whether or not the Police is doing its best to rescue them.

While addressing Newsmen on the development Mr. Gambo Isah said the DPO in charge of Mallumfashi reacted based on the distress call he received, that the bandits attacked the Gandu Karfi community where they abducted four women and went away with over 150 cows and sheep.

According to him, “the DPO, led a team of Policemen and ambushed the terrorist’s possible routes where they succeeded in killing one bandit, recovered one AK47 rifle, four rounds of ammunition, 80 cows and 70 sheep.”

Bandits abducts 4 women, others in Katsina

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Published

on

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

By: Zagazola Makama

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.

The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.

President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.

He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.

The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.

He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.

Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.

According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.

According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.

The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.

Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

Published

on

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8, Operation Enduring Peace have recovered 39 cattle allegedly roaming about in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau, in suspected targeted attack on the owner.

Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on May 21 during a patrol by troops at Mwansat community.

The sources said the cattle were suspected to have been rustled, while the owner was feared to have been killed by cattle rustling networks in Mangu.

According to the sources, the troops moved the cattle to a safe location pending the identification of the owner and the affected farmer for amicable settlement.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and prevent escalation of tensions in the area.

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights