Connect with us

News

Bandits kill two police personnel, cart away weapons in Musawa ambush in Katsina

Published

on

Bandits kill two police personnel, cart away weapons in Musawa ambush in Katsina

By: Zagazola Makama

Suspected armed bandits, allegedly affiliated with a notorious bandit leader, have ambushed a police convoy in Katsina State, killing two police personnel and carting away their service weapons.

Police sources said the attack occurred at about 5:50 p.m. on April 7, 2026, at Sabon Garin Garu village in Musawa Local Government Area.

The assailants, said to be in large numbers and riding on about 30 motorcycles, were reportedly affiliated with a notorious bandit leader identified as Muhammadu.

They ambushed a vehicle conveying five personnel of the Police Mobile Force (27 PMF) who were travelling from Zamfara State through Katsina State.

A swift response by police tactical teams, including patrol units and community watch groups, led to a gun duel with the attackers, forcing them to retreat.

Three of the police personnel were rescued unhurt during the exchange of fire.

However, two personnel were killed in the attack. They were identified as Sgt. Bilyaminu Babangida and PC Abdulaziz Musa.

The attackers also carted away the officers’ service rifles and a riot gunner.

Police reinforcements from Dutsinma, Kankia, Matazu and Kankara were subsequently deployed to block escape routes, while cordon and search operations were ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators and recover the stolen arms.

Security authorities said efforts had been intensified to restore calm in the area and prevent further attacks along the axis.

Bandits kill two police personnel, cart away weapons in Musawa ambush in Katsin

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

I Remember At Age Of 8,General Gowon Would Send Hand Written Letter To Yusuf Signed Uncle Joe-Sanusi

Published

on

I Remember At Age Of 8,General Gowon Would Send Hand Written Letter To Yusuf Signed Uncle Joe-Sanusi

By: Our Reporter

The 16th Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has recounted a touching childhood memory about former Nigerian Head of State Yakubu Gowon, portraying him as a compassionate leader who extended personal support to the family of a military officer killed during the 1966 coup.

Speaking during an interview on Signature TV, Sanusi reflected on his early years at St Anne’s Secondary School in Kaduna, where he attended school alongside Yusuf Pam, the son of the late Colonel Joseph Pam, one of the victims of the January 1966 Nigerian coup.

The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria recalled that despite the demands of national leadership, Gowon took a personal interest in the wellbeing of Yusuf following the loss of his father. According to Sanusi, the former Head of State frequently sent handwritten letters to the young boy, signing them “Uncle Joe.”

“What I remember at the age of eight was that General Gowon, as Head of State, would send a handwritten letter to Yusuf signed ‘Uncle Joe.’ That is a window into the person you are dealing with,” Sanusi said.

The Emir noted that the gesture has remained vivid in his memory over the years because it revealed a caring and humane side of leadership during one of the most turbulent periods in Nigeria’s history. He suggested that Gowon’s actions reflected empathy and a sense of responsibility toward families affected by the political upheaval of the time.

Colonel Pam was among several prominent figures who lost their lives during the 1966 coup, a pivotal event that reshaped Nigeria’s political landscape and contributed to years of instability and conflict that followed.

I Remember At Age Of 8,General Gowon Would Send Hand Written Letter To Yusuf Signed Uncle Joe-Sanusi

Continue Reading

News

Troops Rescue Kidnapped Woman in Katsina Community

Published

on

Troops Rescue Kidnapped Woman in Katsina Community

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 17 Brigade deployed at Yantumaki in Danmusa Local Government Area of Katsina State have rescued a 30-year-old woman abducted by suspected terrorists during an early morning attack on the community.

Security sources said the troops responded swiftly after hearing gunshots from the outskirts of the town in the early hours of May 21.

According to the sources, the soldiers immediately mobilised to the area where frightened residents informed them that the terrorists had abducted a woman identified as Mrs Abida Rufai and escaped into the surrounding bush.

The troops were said to have trailed the attackers along their withdrawal route and subsequently engaged them in a gun duel.

Overpowered by the troops’ superior firepower, the terrorists reportedly abandoned the victim and fled into the bush.

Mrs Rufai was thereafter rescued unharmed and safely reunited with her family amid relief and excitement from members of the community.

Military authorities said troops have continued aggressive patrols and domination operations within the general area to forestall further attacks and reassure residents of their safety.

Troops Rescue Kidnapped Woman in Katsina Community

Continue Reading

News

Troops Arrest Suspected Military Impostor in Jos

Published

on

Troops Arrest Suspected Military Impostor in Jos

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 1 Operation Enduring Peace have arrested a suspected impostor who allegedly posed as a personnel of the Nigerian Navy in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources disclosed that the arrest followed a report concerning the activities of a suspicious individual identified as Mohammed Auwal at Grovos Hotel, Apata area of Jos North.

The sources said troops swiftly responded to the intelligence report at about 2:56 p.m. on May 23 and apprehended the suspect at the hotel premises.

Preliminary findings indicated that the suspect allegedly claimed to be a serving naval personnel, prompting security concerns and further scrutiny by the troops.

The suspect is currently in custody while investigations are ongoing to ascertain his identity, motive and possible involvement in other unlawful activities.

Security authorities have continued to warn members of the public against impersonation of military and security personnel, describing such acts as criminal offences capable of undermining public trust and security operations.

Residents were also urged to remain vigilant and promptly report suspicious individuals or activities to security agencies for necessary action.

Troops Arrest Suspected Military Impostor in Jos

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights