News
Benue killings: Journalist raises alarm over threat to life

Benue killings: Journalist raises alarm over threat to life
By: Michael Mike
A journalist with Vanguard Newspaper, Ms Victoria Ojeme has appealed to the authorities to protect her from the “hands of faceless, unscrupulous and callous individuals” who have continued to send threat messages to her over the alarm she raised about the senseless killing of her kinsmen in a bloody communal crisis.
Ojeme had in February this year raised an alarm over the crisis in her community following the bloody clashes between the people of Mbarvu and Mbasombo communities in Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue state claimed the lives of many including those of her loved ones.
According to her, among those killed in one of the attacks was her Aunt, the only surviving woman in her father’s house.
She had called for an end to the senseless crisis which had led to the sacking of communities and displacement of the people from their ancestral homes over disputed farmlands.
She said some faceless persons have not been comfortable with her outburst and outcry and have been sending threat massages to her.
Ojeme, in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, said she had already reported the matter to the police, after an unknown person sent her a message in her place of residence in Abuja, that she should know that they were aware of where she lives and that they were coming for her soon.
She lamented that: “I no longer feel safe living in my home in Abuja and even in the country; some criminal elements have on few occasions sent verbal messages through people I did not know, that I am being watched.”
She called on the authorities to investigate the ongoing killings in her hometown, adding that from there, they might trace the people threatening her life.
She said the threats to her life heightened immediately after the story of the atrocities in her hometown of Benue was published.
She said that she only raised the alarm in order to have the relevant authorities sit up to their responsibilities to end the carnage going on in her community and also have the displaced persons return to the ancestral homes.
Ojeme added that: “But what I get in return are threats to my life for daring to speak out which has left me vulnerable to attack by unknown persons who drop threat massages for me even in front of my residence.”
Benue killings: Journalist raises alarm over threat to life
News
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.
The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.
The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
Crime
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.
The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.
In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
Crime
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.
The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.
In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident