News
Berom Militia Kill Two Cows, Injure Calf in Plateau Community
Berom Militia Kill Two Cows, Injure Calf in Plateau Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops under Operation Enduring Peace have launched a manhunt for suspected Berom Militia attackers who killed two cows and injured a calf in Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred on June 5 at Sabon Gida Community in the local government area.
The sources said troops of Sector 6 responded to a distress report of an attack on livestock in the area.

According to the sources, upon arrival at the scene, the troops discovered that two cows had been killed, while a calf sustained a gunshot wound.
“The perpetrators had fled the area before the arrival of the troops.
“Two cows were found dead, while one calf suffered a gunshot injury during the attack,” the sources said.
The sources added that security personnel had commenced efforts to track down and apprehend those responsible for the attack.
They reiterated the commitment of security agencies to maintaining peace and security in Plateau State and urged residents to provide useful information that could assist ongoing investigations.
Berom Militia Kill Two Cows, Injure Calf in Plateau Community
News
Chad Accuses Sudanese Forces of Crossing Border, Bombing Convoy Deep Inside Chadian Territory
Chad Accuses Sudanese Forces of Crossing Border, Bombing Convoy Deep Inside Chadian Territory
By Zagazola Makama
The Chadian General Staff has accused the warring parties in Sudan of violating Chad’s territorial integrity after aircraft and drones allegedly pursued and bombarded a convoy more than 100 kilometres inside Chadian territory.
The incident reportedly occurred at about 8 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2026, near Chad’s common border with Sudan, particularly around the Mourdi Department in the Ennedi-Est Province.
In a communiqué issued to the national and international public, the Chadian General Staff said aerial and ground assessments conducted throughout Friday, August 21, confirmed that the fighting in Sudan had once again spilled into Chadian territory.
According to the military authorities, aircraft and drones identified as belonging to the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and/or forces supporting them were involved in the pursuit of a convoy.
The Chadian military said the operation initially took place on Sudanese territory but subsequently extended deep into Chad, with the convoy reportedly pursued and bombarded more than 100 kilometres inside Chadian territory.
The military authorities did not provide details on the identity of the convoy, the nature of its cargo, or the circumstances that led to the pursuit across the border.
However, the Chadian General Staff described the incident as a fresh violation of the country’s territorial integrity and warned all parties involved in the Sudan conflict against attempting to extend the war into Chad.
“Although no Chadian casualties have been recorded to date,” the military said, it strongly condemned what it described as the latest violation of Chad’s territorial integrity.
The General Staff issued a stern warning to the Sudanese belligerents, saying continued attempts to expand the Sudanese conflict into Chadian territory could have serious consequences.
It described such actions as a “suicidal risk” for those seeking to bring the Sudanese war onto Chadian soil.
The latest incident comes amid the continuing conflict in Sudan between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces, which has increasingly generated security concerns for neighbouring countries.
Chad shares a long and porous border with Sudan, particularly along its eastern frontier, where the security situation has remained fragile due to the movement of armed groups, refugees, weapons and combatants fleeing the Sudanese conflict.
The Chadian military said its defence and security forces remain on the highest level of alert to prevent further violations and protect the country’s population.
It further assured citizens that the security forces are prepared to respond forcefully to any threat capable of undermining the peace and security of the Chadian people.
The statement did not indicate whether Chad had identified the specific aircraft or drones involved through direct visual confirmation, radar data or other intelligence means, but said assessments conducted through aerial and physical means established that the operation had crossed into Chadian territory.
The development raises concerns over the potential regionalisation of the Sudan conflict, particularly as fighting and military operations continue to take place close to Sudan’s borders with Chad and other neighbouring countries.
For Chad, the alleged incursion represents a particularly sensitive security issue given the country’s proximity to the conflict and the potential for cross-border military operations to trigger a broader confrontation.
The Chadian authorities have therefore placed their forces on heightened alert while warning the Sudanese belligerents that further violations of its territory could provoke an energetic response.
The Chadian General Staff stressed that its priority remains the protection of the country’s territorial integrity and the safety of its citizens amid the continuing instability along its eastern border.
Chad Accuses Sudanese Forces of Crossing Border, Bombing Convoy Deep Inside Chadian Territory
News
Troops Arrest 24-Year-Old Hunter With Dane Gun After Gunshots Report in Plateau
Troops Arrest 24-Year-Old Hunter With Dane Gun After Gunshots Report in Plateau
By Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 3, Operation ENDURING PEACE, have arrested a 24-year-old man and recovered a Dane gun following a report of gunshots in the DTV general area of Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The incident occurred at about 1:15 p.m. on Saturday, August 22, 2026, when troops deployed at DTV responded to reports of gunshots in the area.
According to military sources, the troops arrived at the scene and arrested the suspect, identified as Emmanuel Daniel, 24, who was found in possession of one Dane gun.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect claimed to have fired the shots while hunting in the area.
The suspect and the recovered weapon are currently in military custody for further investigation and necessary action.
The arrest followed the prompt response of troops to reports of gunfire as security forces continue efforts to maintain peace and security across communities in Plateau State.
Troops Arrest 24-Year-Old Hunter With Dane Gun After Gunshots Report in Plateau
News
GOC 3 Division Urges Irigwe Stakeholders to Embrace Dialogue, Peaceful Coexistence
GOC 3 Division Urges Irigwe Stakeholders to Embrace Dialogue, Peaceful Coexistence
By Zagazola Makama
The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 3 Division and Commander, Operation ENDURING PEACE, Major General W.M. Dangana, has urged the Irigwe community in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State to embrace dialogue and peaceful coexistence in resolving differences and restoring lasting peace.
Dangana made the call on Friday, August 22, 2026, during a stakeholders’ engagement held at Miango community in Bassa LGA.
The engagement was attended by the Chief of Staff and Commander, Sector 3, Operation ENDURING PEACE, the entire Irigwe leadership and other stakeholders.
During the meeting, participants discussed critical security issues affecting the community and measures required to address the challenges and prevent further escalation of tensions.
The GOC emphasized the importance of dialogue as a means of resolving differences, urging the stakeholders to pursue peaceful solutions to issues affecting the community.
He also called on the Irigwe leadership and residents to promote peaceful coexistence, stressing the need for collective efforts towards restoring lasting peace in the community and Plateau State at large.
The engagement further illustrates the importance of cooperation between the security agencies, traditional institutions and local communities in addressing security challenges and strengthening peace-building efforts.
The meeting was hitch-free.
GOC 3 Division Urges Irigwe Stakeholders to Embrace Dialogue, Peaceful Coexistence
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions5 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions5 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics1 year ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
