Security

Boko Haram: Terrorists abduct health worker, loots foodstuff in Gubio

Published

on

Boko Haram: Terrorists abduct health worker, loots foodstuff in Gubio

By: James Bwala

In an early morning raid in Gubio town less than 70km from Maiduguri, the Borno state capital report says terrorists in large number stormed the town seeking for food and medicine.

According to reschedule dents of the area, a health worker with the General Hospital Gubio, Mr Bulama Geidam has been abducted by the Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) during their exploration of the town

Another report said, the insurgents attacked Gubio on Wednesday at about 2 am and looted food items and fuel from a humanitarian truck.

Confirming the incident, the Borno state Commissioner for Health, Juliana Bitrus, told Newsmen that the abduction on Wednesday, was “unfortunate and disturbing”.

Also Read: NGO advice girls to embrace science education

According to the Commissioner, the abducted health worker was among those who remained at their duty posts in spite of the challenges of insecurity in the area.

“The ministry will write to officially inform all the concerned security agencies, including the Theater Command, Operation Hadin Kai,” she said.

Residents of Gubio also informed that the Insurgents also took along some young boys.

“We don’t know how many but about six parents have confirmed that their wards have been taken. ” A resident said.

NEWSng reports that the Islamic State for West African Province, ISWAP has been recruiting lately and have forcefully conscripted hundreds of young men into their ranks at the lake chad region.

Traders in fish business at the Baga market had informed that many fishermen fled the lake Chad region last month to escape being conscripted by ISWAP.

Boko Haram: Terrorists abduct health worker, loot foodstuff in Gubio

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Exit mobile version