Connect with us

News

Borno Government, VSF Closes Gubio Camp, Resettles Over 11, 863 IDPs

Published

on

Borno Government, VSF Closes Gubio Camp, Resettles Over 11, 863 IDPs

Borno Government, VSF Closes Gubio Camp, Resettles Over 11, 863 IDPs

By Babagana Bukar Wakil

Borno state government’s high powered committee on Relocation and Resettlement, Ministry of Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement and State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) in collaboration with the Victims Support Fund have finally closed one of the most populous Internally Displaced Persons Camps within the Maiduguri metropolis on Saturday.

Gubio camp located along Gubio Road open in 2013 accommodating thousands of IDPs from held from Ngala, Marte, Monguno, Dikwa amongst others.

The chairman of the Borno state high powered Eng. Bukar Talba has on behalf of the members of the committee and Borno state government expressed immense gratitude to the chairman, Victims Support Fund Major General TY Danjuma retired for always being supportive to the Borno state government in its efforts of resettling Internally Displaced Populations back to their ancestral communities.

Eng Bukar Talba further sated that, without Victims Support Fund, Borno state government cannot closed these three camps owing to the fact that the state has no insufficient resources to facilitate closure. Even though Governor Babagana Umara Zulum has done so many closure, Talba Added.

The Commissioner for Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Eng. Mustapha Gubio who was represented by the senior special Adviser to the Governor on the affairs of the Ministry Abdurahaman Abdulkareem said over 11, 860 IDPs supported by VSF going back to their ancestral home at various communities.

He said 11,863 IDPs voluntarily and willingly return home without any enforcement, to take off their farming and businesses. He appealed to the Victims Support Fund for more supports and collaboration to resettle remaining IDPs camps.

On her part the Executive director Victim support Fund professor Nana Tanko who has represented chairman TY Danjuma said they have successfully closed Dalori one and two in the last few months ago and today witnessing the return and Resettlement of IDPs in Gubio Road Camp is something that they delighted to see.

While locking the camp’s main gate with Medium Thick Door locks Brass Padlock and shackles, Professor Nana Tanko has on behalf of Borno state government and General TY Danjuma declared Gubio IDPs camp closed. Which brought the total number of giant IDPs camps shutdown with the support VSF three in total, spending huge amount money in preparation of stater packs and other home necessities.

Borno Government, VSF Closes Gubio Camp, Resettles Over 11, 863 IDPs

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights