Connect with us

News

Borno resettled 20 communities – Zulum

Published

on

Borno resettled 20 communities – Zulum

Borno resettled 20 communities – Zulum

The Borno government says it has successfully resettled 20 communities displaced by Boko Haram insurgency in their ancestral homes.

Gov. Babagana Zulum said this in a goodwill message to mark the 2022 Democracy Day, on Sunday in Maiduguri.

He lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for his commitment to the fight against insurgency and the successes recorded in peace restoration process in the state.

“We are grateful to President Muhammadu Buhari for his sincere and undivided commitment in the fight against Boko Haram insurgents in Borno and the North-East region.

“The successes recorded are evident in our ongoing safe rebuilding of communities and safe resettlement of over 20 communities so far in Borno State, and I believe, in other parts of the North-East,” he said.

The governor hailed the gallantry and sacrifices of the military, security agencies and volunteers towards ensuring the return of peace, adding that the people of the state and the region deserved commendation for thier support and resilience.

Zulum said the people had resisted the ravaging insurgents in the past 13 years, who were bent to cause havoc, destroy democratic institutions and replaced it with violent doctrines in the region.

“From 2009 to date, which is about 13 years, thousands of our youthful fellow citizens, amongst them women and even old men, have devoted their lives to supporting Armed Forces of Nigeria in fighting Boko Haram and stopping the insurgents from undermining Nigeria’s sovereignty and our democracy.

“In these 13 years, countless number of these citizens as members of Civilian Jonit Task Force (CJTF), hunters and vigilante have made sacrifices including giving their lives on battle fronts, to protect fellow citizens and to preserve our nation’s sovereignty and democracy.

“These fallen volunteers alongside those currently in the front lines and all citizens of the North-East eminently qualify to be named amongst the heroes of Nigeria’s 23 years of uninterrupted democracy.

“We will forever be grateful to the volunteers for their sacrifices just as we should regularly remember them in our prayers as we seek end to the insurgency that is now on comparative decline.

“Survivors of our fallen volunteers have earned our help as a matter of obligation to them,” he said.

Zulum reitrated commitment to support persons displaced by the insurgency to ensure their safe and dignified resettlement.

While applauding the military and volunteers for their sacrifices, Zulum pledged continued support to them, adding that, “we must also keep them in our prayers for their victory means our continued existence”.

Borno resettled 20 communities – Zulum

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Published

on

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

By: Zagazola Makama

Less than 24 hours after three Fulani youths were reportedly killed in an attack in Plateau state, another youth has allegedly been killed and one abducted in targeted attack in Riyom LGA by Birom Militia.

Security and local informants told Zagazola Makama that the latest incident occurred on Feb. 21 in Jol community, where suspected Birom militia members attacked herders, killing one Muhammed Sani, while another victim, identified as Faruq Jamilu, was abducted. An unspecified number of cattle were also reportedly killed or injured during the assault.

The development came barely a day after three youths Tahiru Muhammad, Jibrin Salisu and Abdulmumin Isyak were said to have been ambushed and killed on Feb. 19 while returning from Dorowan Babuje in Barkin Ladi area.

Zagazola report that the earlier attack occurred at about 7:00 p.m. near Jong Fulani community. Sources alleged that the victims were intercepted by armed Birom Militia assailants, and security personnel later recovered spent cartridges and a motorcycle and a bottle of alcohol otherwise known as Goskolo at the scene.

Community representatives alleged that the succession of incidents reflected sustained pattern of attacks targeting pastoral settlements and livestock in parts of the state in recent months.

Zagazola report that repeated cases of attacks and killing, cattle poisoning, rustling and arson had heightened tensions and triggered fears of reprisals across the affected areas while the state government and concerned authorities have done little or nothing to fish out the perpetrators.

Less than 24 hours after triple killing, another Fulani youth slain in fresh Plateau attack by Berom Militia

Continue Reading

News

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Published

on

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

By: Zagazola Makama

A retired Commissioner of Police, CP David Danjuma Auta (Rtd), JP, KSM, KSS, has died.

He passed away on Feb. 19, 2026, at the Air Force Military Hospital, Jos, after a brief illness.

Born on June 11, 1941, CP Auta enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on Feb. 26, 1962, and served in several capacities, culminating as Commissioner of Police in Ogun State before retiring on Feb. 26, 1997.

He hailed from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State.

He is survived by his wife and seven children. The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.

Former CP David Danjuma Auta dies at Air Force Military Hospital, Jos

Continue Reading

News

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Published

on

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

By: Zagazola Makama

Five persons have been killed and a house razed following a late-night attack on Azoke village in Ado Local Government Area of Benue.

Sources said the incident occurred at about 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 19 when suspected assailants from Akparata community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi allegedly invaded the village.

The victims were identified as Nwefuru Elu, Nwefuru Agnes, Nwali Nworie Christianana, Obasi Nwode and Nwozo Nwode.

It was gathered that the attackers also set ablaze a house belonging to one Elumu Nwokwo during the assault, heightening tension in the area.

Security personnel who responded to a distress alert visited the scene and documented evidence as part of preliminary investigation.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to apprehend those responsible, while further investigation had commenced to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Residents were urged to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as measures were being intensified to prevent escalation of violence in the area.

Five killed, house burnt in cross-border communal attack in Benue

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights