News
Borno State Government launches 2025 emblem appeal Week

Borno State Government launches 2025 emblem appeal Week
……..Announced a State Donation of 20 million naira
Our Reporter
The Governor of Borno State, Prof Babagana Umara Zulum has unveiled the Emblem Appeal Fund for the 2025 Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration as part of his administration’s commitment to honouring the sacrifices of Nigeria’s Armed Forces.
The event, held at the Government House Council Chamber Deputy Governor’s office marks the commencement of activities to honour the nation’s fallen heroes and support veterans.
Governor Babagana Umara Zulum who was represented at the ceremony by his deputy H.E Umar Usman Kadafur described the emblem as a symbol of gratitude and a pledge to support those who have served the nation.

“The launch of this emblem is not just a ceremonial act; it is a solemn pledge to support our veterans, provide them with the recognition they deserve, and honour the values for which they have fought so bravely,” he said.
He announced a state donation of Twenty Million Naira to the Nigerian Legion, Borno State Chapter, as part of efforts to improve the welfare of ex-servicemen, widows, and dependents of fallen heroes.
“On our part, as a responsible and responsive government, we shall not shy away from paying attention to the welfare of widows and dependent relatives of our fallen heroes, within the limits of our resources,” he said.
We are quite aware of the untold hardship faced by the wives, children, and dependent relatives of the fallen heroes due to the loss of their loved ones and breadwinners. We are also aware of the challenges faced by those incapacitated as a result of their involvement in the defence of our motherland.

He said this is not just a ceremonial occasion but an important initiative to support the welfare of our veterans, widows and the families of our fallen heroes.
The funds raised through the Emblem Appeal Week will go a long way in providing for the needs of these families, ensuring that they are not forgotten and that they continue to receive the support and care they deserve the governor stated.
Zulum called upon all the people of Borno State, our esteemed citizens, public servants, businesses and organizations to join hands in contributing generously to this cause adding that every contribution, no matter the size, is a testament to our collective gratitude and respect for our armed forces.
The success of this appeal according to the governor, will not only support our veterans but will also serve as a powerful reminder of the unity and strength of our people in times of need.
Governor Zulum took a moment to acknowledge the contributions of security forces in maintaining peace within our State, particularly in the face of the challenges we have faced in recent years .
Earlier in his address, the Chairman Nigerian Legion Borno State Chapter commended the present administration of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum for the tremendous assistance and support to the Nigerian Legion in various ways recalling that last year the state government has donated the sum of Fifteen Million Naira, 100 bags of Rice for the widows and orphans of the fallen heroes to alleviate their suffering.
The Chairman appealed to the state government to consider the Borno State Chapter of the Nigerian Legion with Vehicle for office administration, hajj seats and office accommodation and use the occasion to appeal to the general public to also donate generously to the Nigerian Legion.
Highlight of the occasion is the launching of the Emblem Appeal Week year 2025 and decoration.
Borno State Government launches 2025 emblem appeal Week
News
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa

Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A tragic incident occurred on April 3, 2025, during a joint security operation in Girei Local Government Area (LGA) of Adamawa State.
The operation, which involved personnel from the Police, Military, Department of State Security Services (DSS), and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), aimed to raid criminal hideouts in the area.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that during the operation, one of the security personnel accidentally discharged their firearm, striking 21-year-old Bara Adamu of Wuro Bulama, Girei LGA.
The victim was immediately rushed to Specialist Hospital for medical attention but was sadly confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.
Man Killed in Accidental Shooting During Joint Security Operation in Adamawa
Crime
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto

Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
By: Zagazola Makama
On April 3, 2025, at approximately 1130 hours, a group of armed bandits riding motorcycles, opened fire on a commercial vehicle traveling from Kebbi to Sokoto.
The attack resulted in the death of one Dan Gande Usman, who was shot in the head. The victim succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the hospital.
In response to the attack, troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA were deployed to the area to ensure sanity.
Armed Bandits Kill One in Attack on Commercial Vehicle in Sokoto
Crime
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze

Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
By: Zagazola Makama
A deadly bandit attack on Rijiya Village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State has left eight people dead and a primary school set on fire.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at approximately 1600 hours, on April 3, a group of armed bandits, heavily armed with AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons, invaded the village.
The assailants opened fire indiscriminately, resulting in the deaths of two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CPG) and six civilians.
In addition to the loss of lives, the bandits set fire to a primary school that was being occupied by the CPG members.
Bandits Attack Rijiya Village in Zamfara, Kill Eight, Set School Ablaze
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident