Connect with us

News

Borno: Zulum visits Malam-Fatori, commends Tinubu

Published

on

Borno: Zulum visits Malam-Fatori, commends Tinubu

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum on Sunday travelled to Malam-Fatori, the headquarters of Abadam Local Government Council in the Northern part of Borno State.

During Sunday’s visit, Zulum commended President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his prompt attention to the fight against the insurgency in the Northeast.

Zulum, while interacting with officers and men of the task force battalion in Malam-Fatori, gave assurance of providing the necessary support to complement the federal government’s efforts.

During the meeting, Zulum discussed the modalities for returning people to the Malam-Fatori community, who were displaced by flooding last year, after their initial resettlement by the Borno State Government.

“ I have interacted with the officers here, and looking at the commitment and hard work of the commanding officer, I believe we can resettle the people back to this community,” Zulum said.

He added, “I am happy that a number of people of Malam-Fatori, who reside in D
Bosso were able to cross over and cultivate their farmlands; this is a huge achievement.”

The Governor also extended his gratitude to the Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Taoreed Lagbaja, for his commitment to restoring peace in Borno State.

Zulum was accompanied by the member House of Representatives, Engr Bukar Talba, the member representing Abadam at the State House of Assembly, Hon. Jamna Bong, Commissioners of Information and Internal Security and that of Local Government and Emirates Affairs, Prof. Usman Tar and Hon Sugun Mai Mele respectively.

Also present are the Acting Commander of Sector 3 Operation Hadin Kai/Multinational Joint Task Force, Monguno, Mohammed Faggo Babayo, Commander 19 Brigade, Cross Kauwa, Saidu Shehu Ahmed, Chairmen of Abadam and Mobar Local Government Councils, among other government officials.

Borno: Zulum visits Malam-Fatori, commends Tinubu

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Published

on

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

By: Zagazola Makama

An 18-year-old youth, identified as Bakura Muhammed, was fatally stabbed on April 4, 2025, during a violent clash between rival youth groups in Maiduguri.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation occurred at about 4:30 PM in the Ajari and Tashan Lara areas, where youths from both sides engaged in a free-for-all fight.

The victim was fatally stabbed on the stomach. He was immediately transported to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, by the security personnel from Maiduguri Borno police command, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel.

A police sources said that seven individuals, aged between 15 and 24, have been arrested in connection with the incident. They include Ba’abba Kyari (20), Ali Alhaji GoniAli (20), Muhammed Audu (18), Ali Isa (15), Adam Sabir (15), Mohammed Tujja (17), and Usman Kasim (24).

Authorities are still searching for other members of the gang who fled the scene.

The victim’s body has been deposited at the hospital morgue for autopsy and was later released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

Malians Youth Gang Violent Clashes Claims Life in Maiduguri

Continue Reading

News

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Published

on

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

By: Zagazola Makama

An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion occurred in Meleri Village, Damboa Local Government Area, on April 4, 2025, leaving one person injured.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that one Alhaji Sanda, a resident of Hansari IDP Camp, and Bulama Zarayye, aged 40, were collecting baobab tree seeds when Zarayye accidentally stepped on an IED.

The device, believed to have been planted by ISWAP, exploded, causing injuries to Zarayye’s buttock, right hand, and lap.

A combined security team, including the Military and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (EOD-CBRN) unit, was promptly dispatched to the scene.

The area was cordoned off, and a search for additional explosive devices was conducted, but no further devices were found.

Zarayye was taken to the General Hospital in Damboa, where he is currently receiving treatment and is reported to be in stable condition.

Remnant IED Explosion Injures One in Borno

Continue Reading

News

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Published

on

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

A tragic incident has been reported in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna, following the death of 21-year-old Abba Bello.

It was gathered that on April 2, 2025, Bello was arrested by a security guard at Old Panteka on suspicion of theft.

Abdullahi Usman, a suspected commander of the group, allegedly supervised the torture of Bello, leaving him unconscious.

Bello was initially taken to Yusuf Dantsoho Memorial Hospital for treatment but was later transferred to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital. Despite receiving medical care, he succumbed to his injuries on April 4, 2025, around 5:00 AM.

The deceased’s family has declined a post-mortem examination, and his body was released for burial as per their request.

Efforts to apprehend the suspects are ongoing.

Suspect Dies After Torture in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights