Crime
Brazilian Returnee Arrested with Cocaine in Private Part
Brazilian Returnee Arrested with Cocaine in Private Part
By: Michael Mike
A Nigerian returning from Brazil, Igwedum Benson has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the arrival hall of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos with pellets of cocaine concealed in his private part.
Igwedum, according to a statement on Sunday by the spokesman of the NDLEA, Femi Babafemi, was nabbed at the Lagos airport last Monday upon his arrival on Ethiopian Airlines from Sao Paulo, Brazil via Addis Ababa.
Babafemi said preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect had swallowed 50 wraps of cocaine before departing Brazil and excreted 48 pellets in Addis Ababa where he handed them over to another person.
According to the spokesman, Igwedum claimed he was unable to excrete the remaining two wraps at the hotel room in Addis Ababa before boarding his flight but later excreted them in the aircraft restroom during the flight from Ethiopia to Lagos.
Babafemi, also revealed that after three weeks of painstaking investigation and tracking, operatives of the MMIA command of NDLEA on Saturday night arrested a drug kingpin, Onyekachi Macdonald behind attempts to export 40 parcels of methamphetamine popularly called Mkpuru Mmiri locally to London, United Kingdom through the NAHCO export shed of the Lagos airport.
He said Onyekachi was arrested at Manacola estate, Alakuko area of Lagos at the weekend, three weeks after his Mkpuru Mmiri consignment weighing 2.05 kilogrammes was intercepted at the airport and his freight agent, Peter Anikan arrested on 7th June.
He said during interrogation, the suspect said he had lived in Dubai, UAE for 10 years before returning to Nigeria in 2019, and that after his return to Nigeria he opened a phone accessories shop in Sango Otta, Ogun state but the business collapsed. He then started sending cigarettes to London and decided to conceal the illicit drug in the consignment after advice by a friend.
Babafemi also revealed the seizure of another consignment of 2 kilogrammes Mkpuru Mmiri at a courier house in Owerri, Imo state, adding that the cargo seized last Wednesday had ankara and lace fabrics in which two cylindrical cellophanes containing the drug heading to Hong Kong were concealed.
The spokesman said also intercepted at the Lagos airport last Friday was 500,000 tablets of tramadol 225mg packed in 10 cartons and labelled Tramaking imported from Karachi, Pakistan on Emirates Airline. He said another consignment weighing 407.6 kilogrammes was seized during a joint examination with Customs and NAFDAC officials.
Babafemi said same day, a Dubai, UAE-bound passenger, a 21-year old Alegbeleye Taiwo was arrested at the departure hall of the MMIA with 40 ampoules of pentazocine injection.
Also Read: General Chris Musa commends Defense attaches in Nigeria…
He said two kingpins behind the importation of two recent drug consignments from Canada concealed in vehicle containers through the Tincan seaport in Apapa, Lagos have been arrested by NDLEA operatives.
According to him, one of them, Gboyega Elegbeji was arrested at his house, 14 Bakare Street, Idi Araba, Lagos last Wednesday for importing a 40ft container TRHU7874497 containing 33 parcels of cannabis indica (Colorado) weighing 16.5 kilogrammes
The second suspect, Sunday Oyebola, (aka Otunba) with link to the importation of a 40ft container MEDU4389887 containing four vehicles used to conceal 290 parcels weighing 145kg cannabis indica (Colorado) from Montreal, Canada was arrested last Thursday. He had been on the run since March and had in the course of the investigation alleged to have attempted to bribe officers with N10 million to influence the case.
Meanwhile, the Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (Retd) has commended the officers and men of the MMIA, Tincan, and Imo state Commands of the agency for the drug seizures and arrests especially of those who thought they could evade the long arm of the law.
He however encouraged them and their compatriots across other formations to intensify their efforts towards achieving set goals.
Brazilian Returnee Arrested with Cocaine in Private Part
Crime
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Enduring Peace in Plateau State have arrested a suspect in connection with the killing of a man following a violent altercation in Bassa Local Government Area of the state.
Sources disclosed that troops of Sector 1 Operation Safe Haven reacted to a distress report at about 2:00 a.m. on May 23 concerning a fight between two residents identified as Sani Haruna and Bashiru Saidu at Bomo village in Bassa LGA.

Upon arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly found Sani Haruna with severe stab wounds allegedly inflicted by Bashiru Saidu during the altercation.
The victim was immediately evacuated to a medical facility in Miango for treatment but was later confirmed dead by medical personnel.
Following the incident, troops in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN) launched a manhunt for the suspect.
Security sources said the suspect was subsequently arrested and taken into custody for further investigation and necessary legal action.
Authorities have assured residents of continued efforts to maintain peace and security across communities in Plateau State while urging citizens to resolve disputes peacefully and avoid violence.
Man Stabbed to Death Following Altercation in Plateau Community
Crime
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, have recorded significant operational successes including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and continued surrender of insurgents’ family members across the North-East theatre.
Security sources disclosed that the operations were conducted under Operation Desert Sanity V and other ongoing clearance missions aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities in the region.
In one of the major breakthroughs, troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted persons comprising two women and two children.
The victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), who were abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
According to the sources, preliminary debrief indicated that the victims were held in a terrorist enclave before being freed following sustained military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains.
The rescued persons were later medically evaluated and reunited with their families through community leadership.
The sources added that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued in ongoing operations, while efforts are continuing to secure the release of others still in captivity.
In a related development, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, identified as 50-year-old Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area.
Items recovered from her included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba general area, according to preliminary investigation.
Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu (50), along the Dalori axis while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for terrorist elements.
Investigations revealed that the suspect had been supplying logistics in exchange for access to grazing areas within terrorist-controlled zones. Items recovered included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.
Elsewhere, troops in conjunction with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were found with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.
The operation also recorded the surrender of individuals linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP, including Aishatu Sale (20), who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar (70), who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
The sources said the surrendered individuals attributed their decision to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions in terrorist camps.
In another development, troops recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist withdrawal route, further degrading insurgent operational capability.
Military authorities said the sustained successes demonstrate continued pressure on terrorist elements and reaffirmed commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability in the North-East region.
The Military High Command commended the troops for their operational performance and urged them to sustain the momentum in the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign.
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
Crime
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 162 Amphibious Battalion Operation HADIN KAI have arrested three suspected robbers following a reported robbery incident at Gar Gwigwi village in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.
Security sources disclosed that the troops responded to intelligence at about 6:00 p.m. on May 21 indicating that an unconfirmed number of Civilian Joint Task Force members attached to the battalion were allegedly involved in the robbery.
According to the sources, troops swiftly moved to the area and apprehended three suspects linked to the incident, while others reportedly fled.
Items recovered from the suspects included five mobile phones, a nylon bag containing a substance identified as “ice,” a locally made charm, a necklace chain, a small white scarf, two wristwatches, one dagger, a Qur’an booklet, the sum of N1,070, and one dane gun.
The sources stated that the dane gun was later identified as belonging to a member of the Miyetti Allah group, who reported that the weapon had been stolen from him by the suspects a day before the robbery incident.
The firearm was subsequently handed back to the owner after confirmation of ownership.
The arrested suspects are currently in military custody for further investigation and possible prosecution.
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics12 months ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
