News
Buni Approves N500m Agric. Loan To 4,000 Teachers
Buni Approves N500m Agric. Loan To 4,000 Teachers
By: Michael Mike
Governor of Yobe State, Hon. Mai Mala Buni has approved a N500 million Agricultural loan to 4,000 teachers across the State.
According to a statement on Thursday by the spokesman of the governor, Mallam Mamman Mohammed, the loan is to be distributed in two phases is to equip the teachers to prepare and participate in the 2023 cropping season effectively.
He disclosed that each of the 4,000 teachers is to receive the sum of N120,000 to engage in agricultural production.
The governor advised the beneficiaries to use the support judiciously for the intended purpose.
The facility which is to be granted by the Yobe Microfinance Bank, is to be redeemed within 24 months through the Yobe State Ministry of Finance and, the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
Dr. Sheriff Al-Muhajir, Managing Director of Yobe Microfinance Bank, said the project is at the final stage and would be provided before the commencement of the rainy season.
He said: “We are prepared and working on the last stage before the disbursement of the loan.
“Let me re-emphasize the position and advice by His Excellency Gov. Mai Mala Buni, CON, that the beneficiaries of this loan should use it effectively to promote food security and sufficiency” Al-Muhajir said.
Buni Approves N500m Agric. Loan To 4,000 Teachers
News
Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru
Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru
By: Zagazola Makama
Security agencies in Plateau State have conducted a coordinated show of force and provided security coverage for Jumat prayers across major locations within the Jos-Bukuru metropolis.
Security sources disclosed that the operation, carried out at about 1:00 p.m. on May 22, involved troops of Operation Enduring Peace personnel of the Nigerian Air Force 551 Station, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), and other sister security agencies.
According to the sources, the joint operation covered key flashpoints within the Jos-Bukuru operational area as part of proactive measures to ensure a hitch-free religious observance.
The exercise also included the provision of adequate security for Jumat prayers at various mosques across different sects and sub-sects within the area.
The sources added that the coordinated deployment was aimed at deterring criminal elements and denying them freedom of action within the metropolis.
Security authorities confirmed that the Jumat prayers were conducted peacefully without any security incident recorded across the covered locations.
Security Agencies Conduct Show of Force, Secure Jumat Prayers in Jos-Bukuru
News
Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu
Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 8 (Sub-Sector 81), Operation Enduring Peace, have responded to a reported attack and killing of a civilian security guard, Saidu Mohammed, by militia elements in Gindiri area of Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.
Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 22 at a farm near a dam in the area.
According to the sources, troops were mobilised to the scene following a distress call and found the lifeless body of the victim, who was said to have sustained machete cuts.
The remains of the deceased were recovered and subsequently handed over to his family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.
The sources added that preliminary assessment suggested the attack may have been carried out by suspected militia elements operating in the general area.
Authorities said efforts were ongoing to identify, trail and apprehend those responsible for the killing, while security surveillance in the area had been intensified.
Troops Respond to Isolated Killing of Civilian Guard in Plateau by Militia elements in Mangu
News
Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery
Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery
By: Michael Mike
Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum, on Friday formally presented the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Mustapha Gubio, to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.
During the meeting, Zulum praised President Tinubu’s commitment to restoring peace, rebuilding communities devastated by insurgency and supporting development efforts across Nigeria’s Northeast.

The governor said the President’s leadership has strengthened cohesion within the APC and sustained momentum in the region’s recovery efforts, particularly in states affected by years of attacks by insurgent groups.
“The President’s commitment to peace and reconstruction in the Northeast has been unwavering,” Zulum said, noting that federal interventions in security, humanitarian support and infrastructure development have continued to bring hope to affected communities.
Zulum was accompanied to the Presidential Villa by member of the House of Representatives, Bukar Talba.
The presentation of Gubio comes amid growing political activities ahead of the 2027 general elections and is widely seen as a major step in consolidating the APC’s political structure in Borno State, one of the party’s strongest support bases in the North-East.
Gubio, a former commissioner and technocrat, recently emerged as the APC governorship candidate in Borno, succeeding other aspirants in the party’s internal selection process. His emergence has attracted significant attention within political circles, especially given Governor Zulum’s influence in the state and his administration’s focus on post-insurgency reconstruction, resettlement of displaced persons and rebuilding of critical infrastructure.

Since assuming office in 2019, Zulum has gained national recognition for his hands-on leadership style, particularly his frequent visits to conflict-affected communities and efforts to improve education, healthcare and security coordination in Borno State.
Borno remains one of the states most impacted by over a decade of insurgency in the Northeast, with thousands killed and millions displaced. However, recent years have witnessed gradual reconstruction and resettlement efforts led by both the state and federal governments.
Zulum Presents APC Guber Candidate Gubio to Tinubu, Hails President’s Role in Northeast Recovery
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
