News
Buni urges YEDC to restore electricity in Yobe
Buni urges YEDC to restore electricity in Yobe
By: Yahaya Wakili
Yobe state governor, Hon. Mai Mala Buni CON, has directed the Rural Electrification Board (REB) and Yola Electricity Distribution Company (YEDC) to restore the 33 KVA line from Potiskum to Damaturu with immediate effect.
This was contained in a press release issued and signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali FCAN, which was made available to newsmen in Damaturu.
The statement further said that Governor Mai Mala Buni CON has contacted the federal government for the construction of the vandalized 330 KVA towers.
The TCN has already awarded contracts for the reconstruction of the affected towers. The general public is therefore enjoined to kindly exercise patience, as the government is doing everything possible to address the situation.
The general public is further called upon to continue to pray for the peace and prosperity of the state and the country at large.
It could be recalled that last week, the suspected Boko Haram terrorists plunged Damaturu and environs into darkness following the destruction of electricity towers in Kasaisa village.
Buni urges YEDC to restore electricity in Yobe
News
Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa
Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation HADIN KAI in collaboration with local vigilantes and Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have neutralised a suspected Boko Haram fighter and recovered logistics items during an ambush at Gwadale deserted village along the Ngoshe–Kirawa road in Adamawa State.
Sources said that at about 12:50 a.m. on Thursday, troops engaged a confirmed number of suspected terrorists who were conveying logistics items.

The troops opened fire with a high volume of rounds, resulting in the neutralisation of one terrorist, while others reportedly fled in disarray with possible gunshot wounds.
Following the engagement, troops conducted exploitation of the general area and recovered one carton of Klin detergent and a bag of salt. The troops returned to their forward operating base at Pulka at about 2:30 a.m. same day.
Officials said the operation illustrated ongoing efforts to disrupt Boko Haram’s supply lines and restore security in the affected axis.
Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa
News
Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA
Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA
By: Zagazola Makama
The Nigerian Army troops have arrested a suspected Boko Haram logistics supplier, Ismail Muhammed, 28, in the Visik General area of Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State.

Sources said the arrest was carried out on Thursday by the troops of 28 Task Force Brigade in collaboration with local vigilantes and hunters.

Items recovered from the suspect included one AK-47 magazine, one round of 7.62mm special ammunition, a jungle hat, 10 bags of salt, two cartons of spaghetti, two sachets of seasoning cubes, a sachet of tom-tom, and bitter kola.

The suspect is currently in custody for further investigation, authorities said, as operations continue to disrupt Boko Haram supply chains in the North-East region.
Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA
News
Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded
Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded
By: Zagazola Makama
At least one soldier was killed and five others wounded during a night attack on a Battalion of the Rapid Intervention Brigade (BIR) post along the Cameroon-Nigeria border in Bargaram.
Zagazola learnt that the incident occurred between the night of Feb. 18 and the early hours of Feb. 19 at approximately 01:00 a.m., when armed assailants launched an assault on the military installation.

The attack resulted in the death of Private Second Class WAKOM Spkassa Barthélémy (Service No. T2024/53715), while five soldiers sustained injuries, including one reported in critical condition.
Security forces reportedly engaged the attackers, neutralizing five terrorists and recovering a significant cache of weapons and ammunition. Items seized include eight AK-47 rifles, a PKM machine gun, one anti-personnel rocket, two anti-tank rockets, a grenade launcher, 11 AK-47 magazine boxes, 242 rounds of 7.62 x 54 mm ammunition, 121 rounds of 7.62 x 39 mm ammunition, a motorcycle, and a camera.
The wounded soldiers were evacuated to the District Hospital of Mada for medical treatment, while the body of the fallen soldier was transferred to the mortuary of the Regional Hospital of Maroua.
Authorities have been urged intensified security measures along the border region to prevent further attacks and maintain operational readiness.
Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
