Military
CAS tasks commanders, and personnel on political neutrality

CAS tasks commanders, and personnel on political neutrality
As Nigerians prepare for the 2023 polls, Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, has charged personnel of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to remain apolitical throughout the elections.
Amao made the call during a meeting with Branch Chiefs, Air Officers Commanding (AOCs), Commandants and units Commanders on Tuesday at NAF Headquarters, Abuja.
The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Wap Maigida, made this known in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
Amao urged the Commanders to sensitise all personnel on the Code of Conduct for the Armed Forces of Nigeria during elections as the exercise draws closer.
He said that the NAF would commence “a realistic pre-induction training” in all its units for personnel to be deployed for election support duties.
The CAS directed all NAF commanders to collaborate with other security agencies within their Areas of Responsibility (AoR) towards organising joint inter-agency training to enhance their capacity towards discharging their respective roles.
“NAF personnel are expected to work in synergy with other security agencies within their respective Areas of Responsibilities to ensure peaceful conduct of the forthcoming general elections,” he said
Amao said that part of the NAF’s responsibilities includes assisting the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the airlift of election materials to various parts of the country.
He also charged field commanders in various theatres of operation across the country to sustain the tempo of operations and onslaught against terrorists.
According to him, going by recent happenings in the country, it has become imperative for personnel to avoid any actions or utterances that could tarnish the image of the Service.
He commended the efforts of commanders and personnel in various theatres of operations, adding that the remarkable successes so far recorded were a result of hard work, dedication and sacrifices.
The CAS further disclosed that the NAF had in 2021 and 2022, trained a total of 9,148 personnel locally and 786 personnel overseas cutting across all aircrew and ground specialities.
He added that a total of 122 personnel were currently undergoing foreign training while 1,057 were on local training, assuring that more would be processed for training in the year.
According to him, NAF has developed a workable skill retention strategy to sustain excellence and quality by re-engaging selected highly skilled retired personnel in the scarce skills categories as instructors and mentors to pass on expertise and best practices to the junior ones.
Amao commended the unwavering support of the Federal Government to the NAF, adding that the service had acquired new and modern platforms as well as expected delivery of more within the year to boost its equipment holding.
He thanked the AOCs and commanders for their commitment to the NAF so far and urged them not to rest on their oars towards fulfilling their obligation to the nation.
The air chief also charged them to resuscitate regimentation and military traditions in their respective formations and ensure discipline among the personnel.
CAS tasks commanders, and personnel on political neutrality
Military
TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA
By: Samson Nantip
Troops of Sector 7 Operation SAFE HAVEN have arrested killers of a Reverend Father, Sylvester Okechukwu murdered after he was kidnapped in Tachira village in Kaura local government area (LGA) of Kaduna State.

The suspects were arrested on 25 March 2025 following a raid on the prime suspect’s hideout located at Ruga settlement in Warsa-Piti village in Lere LGA of Kaduna State. During preliminary investigation, the prime suspect, Pate Yau 33 year-old confessed to have been contracted by one Douglas Henry living in the same house with the slain priest to kidnap him.
Troops in a follow-up operation arrested Douglas Henry at Agwan Sariki Tachira in Kaura LGA of the State. The arrested suspects are in custody undergoing further interrogation.
TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA
Military
Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle
By Zagazola Makama
The troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA successfully foiled a banditry attack along Inono Feeder Road, near Gidan Zuma, after a swift response by security forces forced the assailants to flee into the Saminaka Forest in Giwa LGA of Kaduna State.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at about 8:08 p.m., a large number of bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attempted to block the road, likely targeting travelers and local residents.
Upon receiving the distress call, security agencies swiftly mobilized to engage the assailants in a gun duel.
The bandits, overwhelmed by superior firepower, fled into the nearby Saminaka Forest, sustaining severe gunshot injuries in the process.
Security forces recovered one Honda motorcycle, suspected to belong to the fleeing bandits.
Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle
Crime
Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected hoodlum was fatally injured while attempting to escape after he and two others invaded the Nigerian Army Liaison Office in Maitama, Abuja.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred at about 8:20 p.m. when three unidentified hoodlums stormed the facility located at No. 38 Euphrates Street, Maitama. Upon sighting soldiers on duty, they attempted to flee.
One of the suspects sustained fatal injuries during the escape attempt and was rushed to Maitama District Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by the medical doctor on duty. The remaining two suspects managed to escape.
The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, while investigations into the incident are ongoing.
The Maitama Division of the FCT Police Command is leading efforts to track down the fleeing suspects.
Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident