Military
CIC ASSURES DEPOT NIGERIAN ARMY OF INFANTRY CORPS SUPPORT

CIC ASSURES DEPOT NIGERIAN ARMY OF INFANTRY CORPS SUPPORT
By: Abidoye Olusegun
The Commander Infantry Corps (CIC) Major General Abdul Khalifah Ibrahim OFR has assured the Commandant DEPOT Nigerian Army ( NA) of the Infantry Corps’ continued support to the DEPOT NA. The CIC gave the assurance today Wednesday 5 February 2025 during the courtesy visit of the Commandant DEPOT NA, Major General Ahmadu Mohammed to the Headquarters Infantry Corps Centre (HQ ICC).

In his remarks, the CIC congratulated the Commandant on his appointment as the Commandant DEPOT NA, describing the appointment as a well deserved product of hard work and merit given the Commandant’s antecedents in staff, command and instructional capacities, adding that that he was very optimistic that the Commandant would make the NA proud.
Major General Ibrahim said the training collaboration request made by the Commandant was a welcome development on the part of the Infantry, saying the Corps would liase with the Army Headquarters for the formalization of the approval. He added that more Infantry instructors would be identified and posted into the institution as requested by the Commandant.

The CIC further stated that efforts are ongoing to reposition the Infantry Corps. He lauded the achievements of the immediate past CIC, who is the current Chief of Army Staff, promising to build on the achievements.
Major General Ibrahim noted a gradual improvement in the nation’s security, charging all officers and infantry units to work harder to sustain and improve on this. He however encouraged all infantry officers to look inward to Jaji emphasizing that Jaji is the home of the Infantry.
Speaking earlier in his remarks, the Commandant DEPOT NA, Major General Ahmadu Mohammed congratulated the CIC on his appointment as the Commander of the Infantry Corps and thanked the CIC for the warm reception given to him and his entourage.
The Chief Buffalo stated that he came to HQ ICC to request the CIC inputs where the CIC deems it necessary on the training programme to enhance training of recruits in the DEPOT NA.

He said he looked up to the CIC’s advice as a mentor and senior colleague who would want him to succeed.
The Commandant requested for a combined training exercise between the DEPOT NA and the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, saying the combined training exercise would expose the recruits to what operations is all about at the section,platoon, battalion and brigade level with their future officers playing their roles. He also requested posting of instructors from the Corps to the DEPOT NA to ameliorating challenges facing the institution.
The courtesy visit was graced by the Chief of Staff HQ ICC, Brigadier General Kasim Sidi , Acting Director Research and Development, Col Sani Mohammed as well as other Staff Officers of the HQ ICC and DEPOT NA.
Highlights of the visit were exchange of souvenirs between the CIC and the Commandant , signing of the visitors book and group photographs to conclude the visit.
CIC ASSURES DEPOT NIGERIAN ARMY OF INFANTRY CORPS SUPPORT
Military
Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno

Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have repelled an attack by ISWAP terrorists on their Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Gajigana, Nganzai Local Government Area of Borno.
Zagazola Makama reports that the attack occurred at about 11:55 p.m. on Tuesday.
A reinforcement team joined the operation and engaged the insurgents in a clearance operation.
Sources told Zagazola that one Wednesday that several terrorists were killed while one soldier paid the supreme price in action, while another sustained injuries.
The injured personnel has since been evacuated for medical attention, while the remains of the fallen hero were moved to the 7 Division Military Morgue in Maiduguri.
Items recovered from the terrorists during exploitation include AK-47 rifle, a magazine loaded with 25 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, two Baofeng radios, and belted ammunition for a machine gun.
The sources added that the terrorists, who withdrew in disarray, were believed to have suffered several casualties, though the exact figure was not confirmed.
They explained that the general security situation in the area remains calm but unpredictable.
Troops repel Boko Haram/ISWAP attack in Gajigana, Borno
Military
CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity

CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity
By: Zagazola Makama
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Christopher Musa, says the forthcoming African Chiefs of Defence Staff Summit is designed to unite African militaries and provide indigenous solutions to the continent’s security challenges.
Musa disclosed this in an interactive session with journalists in Abuja on Saturday.
He said the summit would be the first time African defence leaders would sit together, as brothers, to openly discuss Africa’s problems and chart practical ways forward without relying on external prescriptions.
“For too long we have been seeking solutions from outside, and that has prolonged our issues. The reality is that our challenges are within us, and it is only within us that we will create the solutions,” Musa said.
According to him, the success recorded in West Africa through engagements among ECOWAS Chiefs of Defence informed the decision to scale up the initiative across the continent.
He noted that the operationalisation of the African Standby Force, which has faced delays due to challenges of doctrine, strategy and funding, would receive fresh impetus during the summit.
“This meeting gives us the opportunity to look at it holistically and get the buy-in of all Africans,” he added.
The CDS stressed that terrorism, insurgency and violent extremism were common threats across the regions, and only collective action could address them effectively.
He further emphasised the need for a “whole-of-society” approach, noting that insecurity was worsened by unproductive populations and widespread illiteracy that made youths vulnerable to extremist ideologies.
“We must go back to the African culture of brotherliness, of a community raising a child, of not allowing anything to harm your neighbour. That is the kind of solution we must revive,” Musa said.
On the level of participation, the CDS disclosed that about 90 per cent of invited countries had confirmed attendance, describing the response as overwhelmingly positive.
He said the summit would also feature dignitaries from within and outside the continent, including senior UN officials, retired service chiefs and security experts.
“The end state is a better Africa, a more secure Africa, and an Africa where we project and work for our own development. Nobody can love you more than yourself,” he said.
CDS: African Defence Chiefs’ Summit will produce homegrown solutions to insecurity
Military
Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi

Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi
By: Zagazola Makama
Joint security forces have neutralised at least 45 armed bandits in a coordinated security operation near Kuchi town in Munya Local Government Area of Niger State.
Zagazola Makama gathered that the operation, which took place in the early hours of Monday, was jointly executed by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) and military tactical units acting on actionable intelligence.
The bandits, believed to be loyal to notorious kingpin Dogo Gide, were en route to launch coordinated attacks on communities around Kuchi before they were intercepted.
The source, who requested anonymity, disclosed that the insurgents estimated to be over 100 in number had mobilised from Bilbis forest in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara and other hideouts in Kaduna State.
“The intelligence we received showed that these fighters had assembled in numbers and were planning a large-scale assault on several villages in Munya LGA,” the source said. “The operatives moved in under cover of darkness and intercepted them before they could reach their targets.”
He added that the security forces engaged the bandits in a fierce gun battle at the outskirts of Kuchi, resulting in the elimination of no fewer than 45 of the assailants, with several others escaping with gunshot wounds.
The operation also led to the recovery of multiple motorcycles, arms, and ammunition. However, five DSS operatives sustained injuries during the exchange and are currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed medical facility.
The successful operation is the latest in a string of offensives targeting criminal enclaves linked to Dogo Gide, whose network has suffered repeated blows in recent months.
Security agencies have pledged to sustain the momentum and intensify pressure on armed groups threatening peace in the North Central and North West regions.
“The terrain is difficult, but the results are encouraging. We will not relent until these threats are neutralised,” the source added.
Army troops, DSS operatives eliminate 45 bandits in Niger raid, foil attack on Kuchi
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
Opinions4 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Columns2 years ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS2 years ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions2 years ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics3 months ago
2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift