Connect with us

Crime

Conspiracy of Silence as Female Teacher in Golden Olive School is Arrested for Alleged Rape of 4 Year Old Pupil

Published

on

Conspiracy of Silence as Female Teacher in Golden Olive School is Arrested for Alleged Rape of 4 Year Old Pupil

By: Hamza Suleiman 

The Borno State Police Command said a female teacher simply identified as Aunty Zara from Golden Olive School, Maiduguri, has been arrested for alleged sexual violation of a four-year-old pupil.

The Spokesman of the Command, ASP Sani Kamilu confirmed the arrest on Saturday, 26 November 2022 in Maiduguri, said the suspect, a teacher in the private school in Maiduguri, had been apprehended since  last week, adding the Command had commenced full investigation into the case.

The victim’s father, Hassan Dala, who reported the case to the Police, said he noticed the victim’s urine was reddish in colour.

“Initially, I presumed it to be a symptom of infection. I took her to the hospital, and they told us what the problem is.

“When the mother asked her, the victim told us what the teacher did to her.The victim said that the teacher cuddled, gave her breasts to suck and inserted a finger in her private part”,  he said.

The distraught father is worried not just about the physical and psychological harm done to the toddler by the teacher, he is also afraid that his child may have been initiated into lesbian or any other kind of satanic cults by the lady.

It is however curious that 

one whole week after the arrest of the suspect, Anty Zara, there has not been any reaction from gender  activists, Ministry of Education, NAPTIP,  National Human Right Commision or even the Network of Civil Society Organisations. None of these agencies or group had shown any interest in the plight of the helpless victim and her family. It appears that there is a conspiracy of silence by those who are supposed to spearhead the cause of justice in the little girl’s case.

Even the school authorities were quick to deny the case in the media, declaring that it was false claim even in the face of glaring evidence of violation of the kid and arrest of the suspect by the police. 

As usual, the school was more interested in trying to protect their image. It is also noted that most of those who refused to speak out against the heinous crime have their children attending the same school. 

The rather insensitive response of the school authority

to the alleged crime against a pupil kept in their custody for learning and nurturing, is most unfortunate and condemnable. It is clearly a breach of trust and dereliction of duty on the part of the school.

READ ALSO: https://newsng.ng/nigeria-ingo-forum-expressed-concern-over-killing-of-aid-worker-reiterates-commitment-to-life-saving-in-borno/

It is most disheartening that the innocent girl has become a victim of negative evaluations even from the authorities who should have ordinarily stand to defend her. 

The action of the school authority in denying her in her moment of vulnerability when they ought to stand by her, is indeed a perfect reflection of the moral turpitude in the society today.

It is rather shameful that an institution of learning has been turned into a theatre of immorality where such depraved sexual behavior is practiced on helpless and hapless kids.

As it is now, the violated little girl and her poor family have been left alone to ‘fight their battle’ as no one or group had shown interest in speaking up for them in their fight for justice.

This case is just one among the numerous cases of sexual violence being recorded in Borno state. 

From investigation, Borno records numerous cases of rape almost on daily basis but most of the cases do not see the light of the day. This is mostly because rape victims and survivors speak out about their experiences are often subjected to negative reactions from friends and family, thereby reinforcing that  feelings of self-blame and shame that often lead survivors to question whether disclosures were sensible thing to do.

How then can we expect women to break the silence about the very experience  when the negative reactions  such as being blamed, being denied help or being told to stop talking about the assault is what they always get. 

This has further amplified the brutal physical and psychological consequences for rape survivors as they are subjected to further trauma at the hands of the very people they turn to for help. 

It is hoped that this particular case would be handled differently if only to send out the message that in Borno State, little kids are safe in their schools and in the hands of their teachers.

Conspiracy of Silence as Female Teacher in Golden Olive School is Arrested for Alleged Rape of 4 Year Old Pupil

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Published

on

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

By: Zagazola Makama

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.

The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.

President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.

He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.

The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.

He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.

Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.

According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.

According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.

The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.

Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

Published

on

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8, Operation Enduring Peace have recovered 39 cattle allegedly roaming about in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau, in suspected targeted attack on the owner.

Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on May 21 during a patrol by troops at Mwansat community.

The sources said the cattle were suspected to have been rustled, while the owner was feared to have been killed by cattle rustling networks in Mangu.

According to the sources, the troops moved the cattle to a safe location pending the identification of the owner and the affected farmer for amicable settlement.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and prevent escalation of tensions in the area.

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights