Connect with us

News

Cuba, Colombia React as US Confirms Military Strikes on Venezuela

Published

on

Cuba, Colombia React as US Confirms Military Strikes on Venezuela

By: Michael Mike

Cuba and Colombia have issued statements following reports of US military strikes on Venezuela, after multiple explosions were recorded in the capital, Caracas, early Saturday.

Residents reported loud blasts across several parts of the city, alongside sightings of warplanes, helicopters and what appeared to be unmanned aerial vehicles operating overhead. Venezuela’s government described the incident as a “serious military aggression,” alleging that US forces targeted both civilian and military sites in Caracas and in the surrounding states of Miranda, Aragua and La Guaira.

US President Donald Trump later confirmed that American forces carried out the operation, announcing that Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and his wife had been captured and flown out of the country.

In a strongly worded response, Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel condemned the action, calling on the international community to respond urgently. He described the strike as a criminal act that violated regional peace, accusing Washington of state terrorism against Venezuela and Latin America as a whole.

“Our zone of peace is under brutal assault,” Díaz-Canel said, expressing solidarity with the Venezuelan people.

Colombian President Gustavo Petro took a more measured approach, stating that his government was closely monitoring developments. He expressed concern over the reported explosions and increased aerial activity, warning against further escalation.

“The Colombian government rejects any unilateral military action that could worsen the crisis or endanger civilians,” Petro said.

Former Bolivian President Evo Morales also condemned the strikes, describing them as an imperialist attack that violated Venezuela’s sovereignty. He pledged solidarity with the Venezuelan people, insisting the country was not facing the situation alone.

The developments unfold against the backdrop of longstanding tensions between Washington and Caracas. The Trump administration has repeatedly accused Venezuela’s leadership of involvement in large-scale drug trafficking, claims the Maduro government has dismissed as justification for foreign intervention and regime change.

Cuba, Colombia React as US Confirms Military Strikes on Venezuela

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

Published

on

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

By: Yahaya Wakili

Yobe State All Progressives Congress (APC), 2027 gubernatorial candidate Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, FCAN, has paid a courtesy visit to His Royal Highness, the Emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Umar Al-Amin El-Kanemi, at his palace in Damaturu.

During the visit, the APC governorship candidate, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali MNI, said they were at the emir’s palace to solicit the prayers and blessings of the emir.

According to Baba Wali, “We are in the race; therefore, the visit was very significant. We need the prayers of the royal fathers and leaders because they were very vital and important at this crucial time.

Responding, His Royal Highness, the emir of Damaturu, Alhaji Shehu Hashimi II Ibn Al-Amin El-Kanemi, thanked the governorship candidate for the visit and prayed Almighty Allah (SWT) would guide and protect him throughout his struggle in his life.

Those accompanying the incoming governor, Inshallah, in 2027 during the visit are his deputy, Barrister Saleh Samanja; APC State chairman, Alhaji Mohammed Gadaka; and Madakin Gudi.

Others are Alhaji Aji Yarima Bularafa, Hon. Commissioner of the Ministry of Wealth Creation, Empowerment, and Employment Generation; Hon. Nasiru Hassan Yusuf, candidate for the Federal House of Representatives, representing Damaturu, Gujba, Gulani, and Tarmuwa local government areas; and others.

The emir conferred the traditional title of Mukaddam of the Damaturu emirate council on Alhaji Baba Malam Wali, mni, and fcan, respectively.

Yobe: Wali visits Emir of Damaturu

Continue Reading

News

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

Published

on

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

By Zagazola Makama

LAGOS — A fire outbreak has destroyed several building material shops along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town, Lagos State.

The incident occurred at about 6:10 a.m. on Aug. 18, when a distress call was received reporting a fire outbreak in the area.

Following the alert, a team of policemen and firefighters was swiftly mobilised to the scene.

The fire affected building material shops located at 58/196 Old Ojo Road, along Fin-Niger, Satellite Town.

The emergency responders successfully contained and extinguished the fire, preventing it from spreading further.

No casualty or loss of life was recorded in the incident.

The cause of the fire and the estimated value of property destroyed have not yet been established.

The police said investigation into the incident is ongoing to determine the circumstances surrounding the outbreak.

Fire Razes Building Material Shops in Satellite Town, Lagos

Continue Reading

News

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

Published

on

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

By: Zagazola Makama

At least 24 bandits were killed on Tuesday after soldiers of the Nigerian Army, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), Katsina Community Watch Corps foiled an attempt to mass-kidnap persons in Gidan Bawa village, Kandarawa Ward, Bakori Local Government Area of the state.

According to a security source, the operation followed sustained intelligence which uncovered plans by about 40 gunmen loyal to notorious bandit kingpin, Isiya Kwashen Garwa, to invade the village and abduct many residents, especially women and children.

The plot, sources said, was intended to replicate the mass abduction of residents of Woro community in Kwara State, ostensibly to embarrass the government.

Acting swiftly on the intelligence, DSS operatives mobilised the Community Watch Corps, and the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) from Guga camp, and ambushed the bandits.

The source disclosed that the joint security operatives neutralised 24 bandits and rescued the abducted villagers.

Security operatives also recovered 19 stolen cattle from the community during the raid.

The source added that there were ongoing efforts to track down the fleeing bandits.

24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights