Military
Customs board approves appointment of 3 ACGs, promotes Spokesperson, 1, 489 others

Customs board approves appointment of 3 ACGs, promotes Spokesperson, 1, 489 others
The Board of the Nigeria Customs Service has approved appointment of three Assistant Comptrollers General (ACGs).
This is contained in a statement by Superintendent of Customs, Mr Abdullahi Maiwada on behalf of Customs National Public Relations Officer, Mr Timi Bomodi on Wednesday in Abuja.
Maiwada said 1, 490 senior officers of general duty and support staff to various ranks were also promoted, among whom was the Customs Spokesperson, Mr Timi Bomodi.
A breakdown of the appointments according to Maiwada include ACG Greg Itotoh, ACG Festus Okun and ACG Shuaibu Ibrahim.
Some of the newly promoted comptrollers are Musa Omale, Zanna Chiroma, Stanley Nwankwo, Ajibola Odusanya, Paul Ekpenyong, Abubakar Umar, Maureen Ajuzieogu, MO Bewaji, among others,”he said.
He said 64 Deputy Comptrollers (DCs) were promoted to Comptrollers of Customs (CCs), while 128 Assistant Comptrollers (ACs) were promoted to Deputy Comptrollers (DCs).
He also said 89 Chief Superintendent of Customs (CSCs) were promoted to Assistant Comptrollers (ACs) and 220 Superintendents of Customs (SCs) were promoted to Chief Superintendents of Customs (CSCs).
Maiwada also said 107 Deputy Superintendents of Customs (DSCs) were promoted to Superintendents of Customs (SCs) while 302 Assistant Superintendents of Customs I (ASC I) were promoted to Deputy Superintendents of Customs (DSCs).
He said 223 Assistant Superintendents of Customs II (ASC II) were promoted to Assistant Superintendents of Customs I (ASC I) and 357 Inspectors of Customs (ICs) were promoted to Assistant Superintendents of Customs II (ASC II).
Maiwada further said in a similar development, the management of the service had earlier approved the promotion of 1, 252 men within the ranks of inspectors and customs assistant cadres.
According to him, the Comptroller General of Customs, retired Col. Hameed Ali, congratulated the newly appointed and promoted officers.
He said Ali charged them to redouble their efforts in ensuring that the service achieved its goals.
Customs board approves appointment of 3 ACGs, promotes Spokesperson, 1, 489 others
Military
TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA

TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA
By: Samson Nantip
Troops of Sector 7 Operation SAFE HAVEN have arrested killers of a Reverend Father, Sylvester Okechukwu murdered after he was kidnapped in Tachira village in Kaura local government area (LGA) of Kaduna State.

The suspects were arrested on 25 March 2025 following a raid on the prime suspect’s hideout located at Ruga settlement in Warsa-Piti village in Lere LGA of Kaduna State. During preliminary investigation, the prime suspect, Pate Yau 33 year-old confessed to have been contracted by one Douglas Henry living in the same house with the slain priest to kidnap him.
Troops in a follow-up operation arrested Douglas Henry at Agwan Sariki Tachira in Kaura LGA of the State. The arrested suspects are in custody undergoing further interrogation.
TROOPS OF OPERATION SAFE HAVEN ARREST KILLERS OF REVEREND FATHER IN KADUNA
Military
Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle
By Zagazola Makama
The troops of Operation FANSAN YANMA successfully foiled a banditry attack along Inono Feeder Road, near Gidan Zuma, after a swift response by security forces forced the assailants to flee into the Saminaka Forest in Giwa LGA of Kaduna State.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that at about 8:08 p.m., a large number of bandits armed with sophisticated weapons attempted to block the road, likely targeting travelers and local residents.
Upon receiving the distress call, security agencies swiftly mobilized to engage the assailants in a gun duel.
The bandits, overwhelmed by superior firepower, fled into the nearby Saminaka Forest, sustaining severe gunshot injuries in the process.
Security forces recovered one Honda motorcycle, suspected to belong to the fleeing bandits.
Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Katsina, Recover Motorcycle
Crime
Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed

Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected hoodlum was fatally injured while attempting to escape after he and two others invaded the Nigerian Army Liaison Office in Maitama, Abuja.
Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred at about 8:20 p.m. when three unidentified hoodlums stormed the facility located at No. 38 Euphrates Street, Maitama. Upon sighting soldiers on duty, they attempted to flee.
One of the suspects sustained fatal injuries during the escape attempt and was rushed to Maitama District Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by the medical doctor on duty. The remaining two suspects managed to escape.
The corpse has been deposited at the hospital morgue, while investigations into the incident are ongoing.
The Maitama Division of the FCT Police Command is leading efforts to track down the fleeing suspects.
Hoodlums Invade Nigerian Army Liaison Office in FCT, One Killed
-
News1 year ago
Roger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions3 years ago
THE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year ago
EYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions3 years ago
POLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
Columns1 year ago
Army University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
ACADEMICS1 year ago
A History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Opinions1 year ago
Tinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
-
Politics8 months ago
Kashim Shettima: Of Sentiments, Their Opinions, and the 21 billion Naira VP’s Official Resident