Connect with us

News

Emir of Potiskum commends Hijrah TV

Published

on

Emir of Potiskum commends Hijrah TV

By Yahaya Wakili

The Emir of Potiskum in Yobe State, Alhaji Umaru Bubaram Ibn Wurwa Bauya OON, has commended the board members of Hijrah TV Ghana for their role in enlightening the general public in Nigeria and the entire African continent.

The royal father made the commendation while the board members of Hijrah TV Ghana called on him to present him with the Hijrah TV 2023 Merit Award in his palace at Potiskum.

The emir spoke through the Kaigama of Potiskum, the Commissioner of Religious Affairs and Orientations, who is also among the recipients of the Hijrah TV 2023 Merit Award, Alhaji Yusuf Umar, alias Antu.

He said, Let me give a brief history. Potiskum emirate has a connection with Ghana because there was a time when I was in charge of Kaduna/Katsina of the Nigeria customs service. Me and HRH were invited by one magazine in Ghana to go and honor.

“We spent two days there in the Airport Hotel Ghana, and from Nigeria, from the whole northeast, only two of us were invited and honored; therefore, there is a link between Potiskum emirate and Ghana.” he said.

“And today the board members of Hijrah TV come from Ghana to Potiskum to honor our father, HRH, the emir, and me and our member of Potiskum Central in the Yobe State House of Assembly; therefore, we want this cordial relationship to continue.

He revealed that “we are ready anytime if you invite us, and our father will go because, everywhere our father is going, if he is invited, and also because I am around him, we will accompany him, inshallah.

This emirate has a long history, and it is clear that there are many emirates. As you come to honor our father, we express our deep appreciation to the board members of Hijrah TV Ghana. We thank you so much.

He also maintained that, let me say something brief: outside the palace, you saw the central mosque under construction; therefore, we want to use this medium to tell the public to contribute by the grace of God by the next year we commission the mosque.

According to him, this mosque is not a small mosque; this is a work of Allah. We don’t have anybody; only God is on whom we depend. God built us this palace, and God will also build us this mosque, inshallah.

The emir thanks the Yobe state government, under the able leadership of His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, for the numerous assistance he rendered to the Potiskum emirate council.

Those honored with the Hijrah TV 2023 Merit Award include Alhaji Yusuf Umar Antu, Kaigaman Potiskum Emirate Council, the Commissioner Ministry of Religious Affairs and Orientations, and Alhaji Ahmed BBK, alias Sarkin Ado. Member Potiskum, central Yobe state house of assembly

Speaking earlier, the Director of News and Current Affairs, Alhaji Yusuf Sarki, said Hijrah TV selected the recipient of the merit awards due to their immense role and contribution towards positive progress and peacemaking for the people of the emirate, Potiskum local government, and Yobe state at large.

Emir of Potiskum commends Hijrah TV

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights