Connect with us

News

Former NARTO Chairman Speaks on cost of living as a result of subsidy removal

Published

on

Former NARTO Chairman Speaks on cost of living as a result of subsidy removal

By: Yahaya Wakili

The former NARTO Chairman of Potiskum local government area of Yobe state, Alhaji Abdullahi Garba Alele, Gadodomasun Fika, has said that the removal of diesel subsidies is seriously contributing to the cost of living in the country.

He said any essential commodities carried and reaching consumers or users will be delivered by the trailer, and the trailer is using diesel, and the price of diesel has increased to $1,280 per liter, and this fuel we have in Nigeria.

Alhaji Abdullahi Garba Alele disclosed this while answering questions from the newsmen in Damaturu, the state capital.

“These masses who come out and elect this government are now in this critical condition. Therefore, we are appealing with a big voice to the government to look at the condition that the masses are in; please let us prioritize the masses, and if you prioritize the masses, you assist the society.” he said.

“I hope our leaders will sit down and think about how the situation of the country is. These transporters are on the road; there is no road, and after there is no road, there are also a lot of challenges on the road. These transporters are playing a vital role in solving the joblessness in this country, and I appeal to the government to intervene on this matter.

According to him, one transporter is taking on the responsibility of over 100 people, and if this business is crippled, we don’t know what will happen in this country.

Alhaji Alele revealed that if they said we were going to embark on a strike like the other business sectors are doing, the situation would be worse in the country.

The former NARTO chairman maintained that they said the government would privatize NEPA, but nothing was changed every day. There is increasing money, and the worst aspect of it is that even when polls break down or there is a problem, people will contribute and purchase it.

“And even if you call NEPA people to come and repair it, you must pay them. In fact,  what is happening in Yobe State is the worst, and don’t say Yobe is a one-party system; we would have problems in the future.

Former NARTO Chairman Speaks on cost of living as a result of subsidy removal

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights