News
Gaza War: Palestinian envoy Says Arab League/OIC Intervention May Yield Nothing Against Western Support for Israel
Gaza War: Palestinian envoy Says Arab League/OIC Intervention May Yield Nothing Against Western Support for Israel
By: Michael Mike
The Palestinian Ambassador to Nigeria, Abdullah Shawesh has expressed pessimism over the success of the intervention of the Arab League/Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) mediation delegation in the ongoing Gaza war, insisting that the Western countries support for Israel may ultimately nullify whatever impact they could have made.
Shawesh, while addressing journalists in Abuja on the ongoing war between Israeli force and Hamas, said as much as he and the people of Palestine appreciate and commend the efforts of the group towards ensuring ceasefire, the Western countries have blinded support for Israel which would.make them thwart any effort to peaceful resolution.
The envoy who asked that has the West ever called for ceasefire since the beginning of hostilities, lamented that
no fewer than 12,000 civilians have died since 7th October 2023 when Israel commenced the so called retaliatory offences.
He said majority of casualties have been children and women, while 2,000 persons are still missing.
Shawesh while reacting on the mediation delegation which include Nigeria, said all the diplomatic efforts are good and necessary but said the Western countries that supply weapon and ammunition would not allow it to succeed.
He said: “The Arab League, the OIC, including our brother Nigeria and other international organisations established committees to stop what is happening in Gaza.”
He said: “The question is are the efforts enough?
“I’m not sure. I would like to ask you, you know, it’s not enough because who’s deciding this war, who is supplying the munitions, who is supplying the weapons to the Israeli, who should start talking about the ceasefire.
“Unfortunately, those countries, I mean, the western countries did not utter any single word of ceasefire.
“They declared that ceasefire was not part of what is on the table.
“This is the real problem. What the Arab League, the OIC and Nigeria and other respectful intergovernmental organisations are doing is highly appreciated by us. “
He also accused the Western media of spreading lies in their reportage of events.
The envoy also said that the excuse of Hamas using hospitals as tunnel were all tissues of lies.
Gaza War: Palestinian envoy Says Arab League/OIC Intervention May Yield Nothing Against Western Support for Israel
News
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.
The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.
During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.
The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.
Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.
Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna
News
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
By: Zagazola Makama
A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.
Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.
The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.
During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.
He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.
Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.
Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.
Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa
News
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
By: Zagazola Makama
A delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) has visited the Headquarters Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai in Maiduguri to strengthen ongoing counterterrorism cooperation in the Lake Chad region.
Security sources said the delegation, led by the Deputy Director of Operations/Cyber, Rear Admiral Cameron Chen, arrived at Maimalari Cantonment on May 20, where they were received by the Deputy Theatre Commander, Air Vice Marshal O.F. Akinboyewa.
The visit featured a detailed briefing on the current threat assessment in the North-East and ongoing counterterrorism and counter-insurgency operations across the theatre of operations.
Discussions during the engagement focused on enhancing intelligence sharing, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) support, logistics interdiction, and improved operational coordination within the Lake Chad basin.
The delegation also reviewed ongoing multinational efforts aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities and disrupting logistics networks across the region.
Security sources said both sides reaffirmed their commitment to continued collaboration under counterterrorism and counter-insurgency frameworks, including preparations for Operation Lake Sanity III.
The visit was described as successful and conducted without incident.
Authorities noted that international cooperation remains a key component in sustaining pressure on terrorist groups operating in the North-East.
U.S. AFRICOM Delegation Visits Maiduguri, Reaffirms Counterterrorism Cooperation
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
