Connect with us

News

Governor Buni commended for supporting troop operations in Yobe

Published

on

Governor Buni commended for supporting troop operations in Yobe.

By: Yahaya Wakili

The Commander of Sector 2 Operation Hadin Kai, Major-General MLD Saraso, has commended Governor Mai Mala Buni for his continued and untiring support for troops in Yobe State.

Major-General Saraso disclosed this on the occasion of the 2023 Sector 2 OPHK Nigerian Army Social Activities (NASA), known as WASA, held at Damaturu, Yobe State Capital.

“WASA is an annual event, and it is one of the ways of keeping the customs and traditions of the Nigerian Army. It is also meant to strengthen social relationships among officers, soldiers, and their families, as well as among friends, through cultural displays, musical performances, and other regimental activities.

“It was also conceived to create an atmosphere where officers and men would meet together outside the trenches to socialize, wine, dine, and make merry, aimed at appreciating the efforts of our gallant troops for the success achieved throughout the past year within our area of responsibility.” Major-General Saraso said.

According to him, we will continue to be committed and responsive in discharging our constitutional roles in line with the command philosophy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja.

which he said is to transform the Nigerian Army into a well-trained, equipped, and highly motivated force towards achieving our constitutional responsibility within a joint environment.

He commands the Chief of Army Staff and the Theatre Commander, Operation Hadin Kai, for their commitment, support, and provision of our needs in the conduct of our counter-insurgency operation.

“We pledge to make necessary sacrifices for the betterment of our country and the citizens of the north-eastern states, especially Borno and Yobe. He said.

Governor Buni commended for supporting troop operations in Yobe.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights