Politics
Governor Inuwa Yahaya, Senator Danjuma Goje and the Blame Game in Gombe
Governor Inuwa Yahaya, Senator Danjuma Goje and the Blame Game in Gombe
By: James Bwala
Last Friday former governor of Gombe state and Senator representing Gombe Central, Danjuma Goje and Governor Inuwa Yahaya have robbed each other’s shoulders with the blood of the innocent when their supporters clashed in Gombe to please their paid masters.
While Governor Inuwa Yahaya was said to rely on his executive powers to gather support of the party youth leader, His ADC and a driver to lead the battle against Goje, the Senator was said to have awake his dreaded thugs popularly called “Yankalare” for the clash that left five people dead.
Barely hours after the clash, Senator Danjuma Goje’s daughter, Hussaina, on Saturday resigned as the state’s Commissioner for Environment and Forest Resources, in protest after suspected political thugs assaulted her father.
In a press statement she made available to journalists in Gombe last week Saturday, Ms Goje said her resignation was a personal decision.
“Today, Saturday 6th of November, I wish to inform the general public and media organisations that I, Dr Husaina Goje, has tendered my formal resignation, from my position as Commissioner for Environment and Forest Resources to His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Gombe State, Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya, effective today.

“I also wish to inform that my resignation was made based on my personal reasons. With this I wish to show my appreciation for the opportunity given to me by His Excellency the executive governor to serve as a member of his executive council in this administration.”
On Friday, the convoy of her father, Mr Goje, was attacked by suspected political thugs while the senator was on his way to the state capital to attend a wedding.
According to residents who witnessed the incident, the suspected thugs blocked the Gombe-Bauchi highway near the International Conference Centre in Gombe and set bonfires on the road.
Mr Goje’s media aide, Lilian Nworie, in a statement she issued after the incident in Gombe, said Mr Goje accused the aide-de-camp of the governor of organising the blockade and attack on his convoy.
“He arrived Gombe from Abuja, via Gombe Airport in Lawanti, peacefully until the governor’s aides blocked the road,” the statement said.
“The distinguished senator’s trip was peaceful until when the governor’s aides, including his aide-de-camp and his driver, blocked the road. For two hours, they unleashed terror on Senator Goje and those in his convoy.
“It is unfortunate that one life was lost and many cars vandalised, including the Senator’s vehicle. They smashed the windscreen. All efforts to make the governor’s aide-de-camp remove the blockade yielded no result as he insisted that he got instruction from above that the former governor should not be allowed into the town,” the media aide said in the statement.
Reacting to the incident, the state government said the former governor “caused a breach of peace in the state capital with his visit to the state.”
In a press statement signed by the State Commissioner for Information and Culture, Julius Ishaya, the government accused Mr Goje of mobilising and arming thugs from various LGAs under the pretext that his supporters were accompanying him from the airport into the state capital.
“Recall that during the last Eid el-Kabir Sallah celebration, the same person sponsored some thugs that threw caution into the wind and went on a rampage, leading to the loss of two lives. Also, just last week at Deba in Yamaltu Deba LGA, the same scenario played out at the instance of the Senator.
“It is sad that Goje has not left his old ways and is bent on bringing back his brainchild (Kalare) to unleash mayhem and bug the peaceful atmosphere of Gombe State.
“Gombe state has been witnessing relative peace and harmony due largely to the determination and avowed commitment of Governor Inuwa Yahaya in that direction and therefore the government would not stand by and watch desperate politicians unleash terror and violence on innocent citizens to the extent of getting people killed.
“While sympathising with the families of the victims, Government commends the security agencies for their timely intervention in bringing the ugly situation under control.
“His Excellency, Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya, as the Chief Security Officer of the State, will not renege on his responsibilities and therefore will do everything necessary to protect the lives and property of the citizenry. The government will make sure that perpetrators of the unfortunate act, no matter how highly placed, are brought to book,” the statement said.
Mr Goje and the governor are members of the same ruling All Progressives Congress, which took over the state from the People’s Democratic Party at the 2019 general elections. But politicians in the state said the fight between Governor Inuwa Yahaya and Senator Danjuma Goje dated back to 2011 when Goje who was said to have brought Inuwa Yahaya into the polity to succeed him later dumped Inuwa Yahaya for Dankwambo.
Also Read: SOKAPU spokesman arrested for allegedly spreading fake news
Following the clash last Friday, the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) called for the suspension of Senator Goje from the party.
Goje, who was called in Gombe during his government as ’emperor’ due to his links to many crises, was alleged to be behind the establishment of the deadly gang called ‘ yankalere’.

Dr. Abubakar Ibrahim, spokesman for APC Stakeholders in Gombe state said that Governor Inuwa Yahaya was never accused of any criminal tendencies from childhood until today.
“Governor Yahaya has been a peacemaker and one who sacrificed himself to offer the best for the good people of Gombe and Nigeria at large,’ he said.
The Stakeholders warned Senator Danjuma Goje against his desperate move to compromise peace in the state and throw the administration of governor Yahaya into chaos for his selfish interest.
He asked “Why will Goje recruit the youth into thuggery and drug abuse instead of using his political office to empower them to better our society?”.
The party according to him has given Senator Danjuma Goje one week ultimatum to tender an apology to the party and residents of the state for the violent clash masterminded by his sponsored political thugs.
But in what looks like his reaction to current issues in Gombe, Senator Danjuma Goje, has written to the Inspector General of Police, Alkali Baba; Director General of the Department of State Services, Yusuf Bichi; and Attorney General of Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, over alleged assassination attempt on his life and his personal Assistant, Adamu Manga, by the Aide-De-Camp and Chief Security Officer of Governor Inuwa Yahaya, Superintendent of Police Zulaidaini Abba and Sani Bajoga respectively.
Goje’s petition to the DSS boss, IGP and AGF, written by his Lawyer, VC Nwadike, was dated November 8, 2021.
The petition, already received in the offices of those petitioned, called for investigation into the matter with aim of bringing the Officers involved to justice by prosecuting them after disciplinary action had been taken against them.
The Service Number of the ADC was given as AP/No: 118814 and that of the CSO: AP/No: 57675.
The petition reads: “That on the 5th day of November, 2021, our client came into Gombe through the Gombe International Airport at about 10:30 hours, to attend the wedding ceremony of his relative and some of his constituent supporters and admirers came to the airport to welcome and accompany him home.
“On their way to our client’s home, his personal Assistant and others with them were brutally attacked with guns, cutlass and other dangerous weapons by SP Zulaidaini Abba and Sani Bajoga, CSO to the governor of Gombe state.
“It was by whiskers and the Grace of Allah that our client escaped death, but his personal Assistant was not lucky as he was seriously injured by the attackers with cutlasses.

“At a place near the Gombe International Airport Conference Center, Bauchi-Gombe federal highway, ADC and CSO leading Kawu Keep, Sanusi Attacker, Danjuma Skade and many others came with several vehicles belonging to the Government House and numerous thugs behind them.
“The officers with aid of the vehicles of the government blocked the highway, stopped the movement of our client and those with him for hours.
“The ADC and the CSO commanded the numerous thugs bearing matches, short axes, knives, different shaped hard and dried sticks hitherto shielded by them to attack our client and those with him.
“Our client was fortunate not to be killed but his personal Assistant, Adamu Manga, in the same vehicle with our client, received several machetes cut aimed at shoulder level under the supposition that our client was the one being macheted
“In the course of the unleashed attacks on our client and those with him, five persons (including one Isah Abdullahi M of Pantami Quarters Gombe) were killed; numerous vehicles were burnt and damaged.”
While the blame game was on, families of those slain during the mayhem were left to feel the pains of losing loved ones. They died for nothing because their blood rather than bring reconciliation was further creating gap in that both governor Inuwa Yahaya and Senator Danjuma Goje are still at dagger drawn days after their demise.
* James Bwala writes from Maiduguri
Governor Inuwa Yahaya, Senator Danjuma Goje and the Blame Game in Gombe
Politics
Yobe APC guber candidate calls for unity, urges Tumsa and others to withdraw
Yobe APC guber candidate calls for unity, urges Tumsa and others to withdraw
By: Yahaya Wakili
The All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate for Yobe state, Alhaji Baba Mallam Wali Fcan, mni, has called on the three remaining aspirants, Barr. Kashim Musa Tumsah, Engr. Mai Hajja, and Hon. Bashir Shariff Machina, to withdraw and come to unite and work as one family to move Yobe state forward.
Baba Mallam Wali made the call yesterday in Nguru town while thousands of APC supporters turned out en masse to welcome him since he became the gubernatorial candidate of the party. He said, “I am a native of Nguru, and since the restoration of democracy in 1999, this zone has never gotten such an opportunity, not even the deputy governor.”
He maintained that, before there were G-6, three had already withdrawn, and the first aspirant to step down was the former Senate President, Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan GCON; secondly, Lawan Kolo; thirdly, the former inspector general of police, Usman Baba Alkali; and today, we thank God, Senator Ibrahim Mohammed Bomai stepped down, respectively.
Therefore, the 3 remaining aspirants, Kashim Tumsah, Engr. Mai Hajja, and Bashir Shariff Machina, I call on them; let them step down, come, and unite ourselves to work together to move Yobe State forward, adding that Yobe remains one indivisible political family under the APC.
The gubernatorial candidate hailed Senator Musa Mustapha, Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan GCON, Senator Ibrahim Mohammed Bomai, Lawan Kolo, and former IGP Usman Baba Alkali for their maturity, patriotism, and commitment to party unity following their withdrawal from the 2027 governorship race.
“His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni CON, COMN, is a strong politician; his political career has been marked by vast experience, national influence, and remarkable achievements. He is a national chairman and national secretary of our great party, APC, and up to now, he is a great and strong politician. I worked with him as the secretary to the government for 7 years; therefore, I learned so many things from him.
According to Wali, His Excellency Senator Ibrahim Geidam, FCAE, Minister of Police Affairs and the leader of Yobe State politics, exhibited a rare blend of leadership and pragmatic governance and is a masterclass in dedicated politics and public service. Therefore, I worked with these leaders, and I learned so many things from them.
Yobe APC guber candidate calls for unity, urges Tumsa and others to withdraw
Politics
Consensus Imposition of Mining Magnate Seriki As Governorship Candidate By The Governor Threatens Gradual Implosion in Kwara APC
Consensus Imposition of Mining Magnate Seriki As Governorship Candidate By The Governor Threatens Gradual Implosion in Kwara APC
By: Bodunrin Kayode
The culture of consensus which has enveloped the All Progressive Congress (APC) party in kwara is threatening the very unity among party stalwarts even as some aspirants have vowed to oppose any imposition of candidates by Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
Trouble actually started when Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, initiated underground moves to anoint the controversial mining magnate, Abdulfatah Seriki-Gambari, popularly known as “Yahaya Seriki”, as his preferred candidate to replace him ahead of the 2027 general elections.
Political watchers in the state have hinted that the move is already generating anger and tension with influential stakeholders and other aspirants engrossed in fierce internal battles over the control of the party and what they described as the faulty succession moves by the governor despite having an array of more experienced aspirants equally eager to throw in their hats into the ring for the coveted office.
However, this latest development comes despite previous controversies surrounding Seriki’s mining activities in Kwara State, including calls by members of the Kwara State House of Assembly last year seeking the revocation of some of his mining licences over alleged irregularities and concerns raised by local communities.
Multiple high-ranking APC sources hinted that the Governor had already concluded arrangements to impose Seriki as the party’s consensus governorship candidate following a series of strategic meetings held in Abuja last weekend.
A notice for an emergency meeting circulated to Governorship aspirants last week signed by the Kwara APC Publicity Secretary, Abdulwaheed Babatunde, fixed the meeting for 12 noon last Thursday at the Kwara State Banquet Hall in Ilorin.
With this development, sources close to the government house say that some of the aspirants expected to step down include: Yakubu Danladi; Engr. Olufemi Sanni; Maliaha Ahman-Pategi; Muhammed Belgore and Ahmad Mahmud.
Another source hinted though sadly that many of the aspirants now expected to withdraw from the race were originally encouraged by Governor Abdulrazaq himself to join the contest to create a level of legitimacy for Seriki’s emergence.
It is believed that some stalwarts in the party had earlier accused some forces of narrowing the search for the APC governorship ticket to aspirants from Kwara Central Senatorial District to please certain people who believe it’s there right to stay in power for over 20 years without making way for the other senatorial zones.
They also believe that a large chunk of northern and southern kwara have been taken over by banditry and chaos as such they may not be able to contest against what they described as the central district’s perceived electoral advantage over the rest of the state.
Over 20 traditional rulers and subjects have moved out of their domains to safe havens in the south and Northern zones of kwara making their political strength weakened to a dangerous level of submission to the will of the Governor.
Consensus Imposition of Mining Magnate Seriki As Governorship Candidate By The Governor Threatens Gradual Implosion in Kwara APC
News
Zulum Lauds Peaceful Conduct of APC House of Reps Primaries in Borno
Zulum Lauds Peaceful Conduct of APC House of Reps Primaries in Borno
By: Michael Mike
Governor of Borno State, Babagana Umara Zulum, has commended the peaceful and orderly conduct of the All Progressives Congress primary election for the House of Representatives across the state.
Zulum gave the commendation on Saturday shortly after supervising the APC primary election for the Gubio, Kaga and Magumeri Federal Constituency held in Magumeri town.
Hundreds of party supporters from the three local government areas gathered at the venue to welcome the governor and APC officials overseeing the exercise.

Speaking with journalists after the primary, Zulum said the process was conducted in line with the Electoral Act 2026 and the constitution of the APC, which allows aspirants to adopt consensus arrangements.
“We are here to witness the primary election in line with the Electoral Act 2026 and the APC constitution, which allows for consensus arrangements among aspirants,” the governor stated.
He explained that although three aspirants initially indicated interest in contesting for the party’s House of Representatives ticket, two later withdrew in support of the incumbent lawmaker, Hon. Usman Zannah.
“We have three contestants vying for the position of the House of Representatives, but fortunately, under the consensus arrangement as enshrined in the constitution of our party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), two of the aspirants stepped down for the incumbent member, Hon. Usman Zannah,” he said.
According to the governor, party members and stakeholders from the constituency affirmed their support for the consensus candidate during the exercise.
Zulum congratulated Hon. Zannah on his emergence and praised the aspirants who stepped down — Hon. Shettima Shehu and Alhaji Mohammed Sanda Ngamdu — describing their action as a demonstration of unity, sacrifice and political maturity.
“I want to extend my congratulations to the candidate and the others who stepped down for him,” he said. “I also want to express my appreciation to all APC supporters and the people of Borno State for ensuring a peaceful voting process.”

The governor stressed that the consensus arrangement adopted by the party was voluntary and not designed to deny any aspirant the opportunity to contest.
“Under the consensus arrangement, the government of Borno State and the party have never taken a decision to stop anybody from contesting,” he explained. “Consensus is a voluntary option, and anybody who does not wish to go for a consensus election has the right to participate in a direct primary.”
Chairman of the APC Primary Elections Committee for Gubio, Kaga and Magumeri Federal Constituency, Hon. Yuguda Saleh Vungas, also confirmed that party stakeholders agreed on consensus as the mode of primary election.
He commended Governor Zulum for creating an enabling environment for the smooth and peaceful conduct of the exercise.
Through a voice vote, APC members from the three local government areas unanimously affirmed Hon. Usman Zannah as the party’s consensus candidate for the House of Representatives seat.
Officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission and APC national headquarters monitored the exercise.
Governor Zulum was accompanied by the APC consensus gubernatorial candidate, Engr. Mustapha Gubio, Secretary to the State Government Bukar Tijani, and Acting Chief of Staff, Dr. Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe.
Zulum Lauds Peaceful Conduct of APC House of Reps Primaries in Borno
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
