Connect with us

Crime

ICPC confirms arrest, detention of D’banj over alleged N-Power fraud

Published

on

ICPC confirms arrest, detention of D’banj over alleged N-Power fraud

ICPC confirms arrest, detention of D’banj over alleged N-Power fraud

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) confirmed on Wednesday the arrest and detention of Oladipo Daniel Oyebanjo, otherwise known by his stage name, D’Banj, over the investigation of fraud associated with the N-Power Programme.

The confirmation by the ICPC is coming several hours after PREMIUM TIMES exclusively broke the news of the musician’s ordeals.

The N-Power is a scheme established by President Muhammadu Buhari on 8th June, 2016, to address the issues of youth unemployment and empowerment, and help increase social development.

In its statement Wednesday afternoon, the ICPC said:

In line with its mandate, the Commission had received numerous petitions on the diversion of N-Power funds running into billions of naira following the approval and release of such funds to the beneficiaries by the Federal Government. Many N-Power beneficiaries had complained over the non-receipt of the monthly funds in spite of payment by the Government.

About 10 persons have been invited by the ICPC over the last few months in connection with the N-Power fraud, and have been granted administrative bail after their detention. Several invitations to Mr. Oladipo Daniel Oyebanjo (D’banj), to appear before a team of investigators were ignored and not honoured.

Mr. Oyebanjo (D’banj) turned in himself and was taken into custody at the ICPC Headquarters on Tuesday, 6th December, 2022, and is currently assisting the investigators to unravel the circumstances of the fraud allegations by the petitioners.

The investigation will be all-encompassing and also be extended to other collaborators of the fraud and the banks where the beneficiaries’ accounts are domiciled.

This press release has become necessary to set the record straight in view of the reports awash in the media. The investigation is ongoing and the Commission prefers not to preempt its outcome and also avoid the frenzy of a media trial.

ICPC confirms arrest, detention of D’banj over alleged N-Power fraud

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Two Notorious Kidnappers Apprehended by Security Forces in Taraba

Published

on

Two Notorious Kidnappers Apprehended by Security Forces in Taraba

By: Zagazola Makama

In a major breakthrough, troops of the 6 Brigade of the Nigerian Army have arrested two kidnappers, known for their involvement in a string of high-profile abductions in the region.

Intelligence sources, told Zagazola Makama that the suspects, identified as Fankau Algaji Laulo and Ahmadu Buba Ango were taken into custody in a raid conducted by a joint team of military personnel and hunters at Garin Baka and Gongon Maliki in Ardo Kola and Yoro LGA in Taraba State.

According to sources, the duo had been on the radar of security agencies for months, following a series of kidnappings that had left families and communities in a state of fear.

The arrest was made possible through intelligence gathering and meticulous planning by the security forces. The suspects are currently being interrogated, and preliminary investigations have revealed their involvement in multiple kidnapping cases.

The suspects further revealed that they are in possession of Ak47 rifles and their camps is located in GADAWA in Zunguri village of Baisa I Kurmi LGA.

They also added that the members of their gangs were from Adamawa, Gombe, Plateau states and Cameroon.

The military sources said that the arrest of the two notorious kidnappers will significantly dismantle the kidnapping syndicate and ensure the safety of the community.

“The authorities have praised the efforts of the security personnel involved in the operation and have urged anyone with information on criminal activities to come forward.

“This development has brought relief to the families of the victims and the community at large, who have been living in fear of the kidnappers’ reign of terror.

“The suspects will face the full weight of the law, and their arrest serves as a warning to other criminal elements that the security forces will not tolerate such heinous crimes,”said the source.

Two Notorious Kidnappers Apprehended by Security Forces in Taraba

Continue Reading

Crime

Breaking News: Army Apprehends Mastermind Behind Deadly Attack on Taraba Community

Published

on

Breaking News: Army Apprehends Mastermind Behind Deadly Attack on Taraba Community

By: Zagazola Makama

In a significant breakthrough, the Nigerian army troops 6 Brigade Jalingo, Taraba State has arrested the mastermind behind the recent devastating attack on Mararaban Azagwa, Maihura in Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State.

The suspect was taken into custody in an intelligence-led Operation conducted by the troops on Wednesday June 19, 2024.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the apprehended individual was the brains behind the attack on the farming community that claimed the lives of six innocent civilians including a 90 years old Man.

According to military sources,
The army has been working tirelessly to track down the perpetrators, and this arrest is a major achievement in the ongoing counter-terrorism operations. The suspect is currently being interrogated, and further details are expected to emerge in the coming days.

The military has assured citizens that they will continue to work tirelessly to ensure the safety and security of the nation, and that those responsible for the attack will be brought to justice.

This development has brought a sense of relief to the community, and the army’s efforts have been hailed as a significant success in the fight against terrorism.

Breaking News: Army Apprehends Mastermind Behind Deadly Attack on Taraba Community

Continue Reading

Crime

N’West: Troops of 1 DIV Guarantee Terror-free Sallah, Kill 1 Buharin Yadi Cohort

Published

on

N’West: Troops of 1 DIV Guarantee Terror-free Sallah, Kill 1 Buharin Yadi Cohort

By: Zagazola Makama

About a week after one of the most-notorious terrorists in the North-West, Buharin Yadi, was killed by troops of 1 Division, one of his powerful cohorts, Daushe, has also been felled by the bullets of troops.

Daushe met his Waterloo on Eid-el-Kabir day, Sunday, June 16 when troops of Sector 6 of the Nigerian Army, in its effort at ensuring terror-free Sallah celebrations across the bandits-troubled North-West, carried out a decisive operation across Giwa LGA, Kaduna State. 

To carry out the successful patrol, several platoons of the troops deployed across the general area on the security duty were married up at Sabon Layi, from where they advanced to Kidandan area. 

As they advanced closer to Kidandan, troops sighted the terrorist, who was later identified as Daushe, riding his motorcycle at a high speed, in his effort to flee from the patrolling troops.

As the troops gave him achit pursuit, Daushe abandoned his motorcycle and fled to nearby settlement at the outskirts of which troops killed him while trying to escape to the surrounding bush. 

Items recovered from the killed terrorist were two sacks of corn flour and one mobile phone. 

Troops, vibrating with a high morale, have scaled up and sustained the patrol to guarantee terror-free Sallah celebrations for the residents of the LGA.

N’West: Troops of 1 DIV Guarantee Terror-free Sallah, Kill 1 Buharin Yadi Cohort

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights