Connect with us

News

KARAN Appeals for Support for the ministry of Livestock Development

Published

on

KARAN Appeals for Support for the ministry of Livestock Development

By: Michael Mike

The Kulen Allah Cattle Rearers Association of Nigeria (KACRAN) has appealed to President Bola Tinubu to urgently support the Ministry of Livestock Development in getting its office ready.

The association decried that nearly eight months after the establishment of this crucial ministry, the renovation of the permanent office allocated to it for its operations is yet to be started, noting that this delay has impeded the
implementation of essential policies and programmes aimed at promoting the livestock sector and its value chains across Nigeria.

KACRAN, in a statement on Saturday, signed by its National President, Hon. Khalil Bello said: “When the Ministry was established on July 9, 2024, we, Nigeria’s pastoralists, viewed it as a long-awaited answer to our prayers and a significant step towards addressing over 50 years of
neglect in the livestock sector.

“However, the lack of progress since then has been disheartening, preventing the Ministry from fulfilling its critical role in ensuring food security and contributing to
the national economy.

“Currently, the Ministry functions more as a Directorate of Animal Husbandry Services, lacking the resources and infrastructure necessary for it to operate independently and effectively.

“Despite the critical nature of its mission, the allocated office space/building remains unrenovated and a timeline for starting the renovation or completion has not been provided. This situation severely hampers the ability of the Honorable Minister, Permanent Secretary, Directors and staff to coordinate effectively and execute
their responsibilities.

“Moreover, the financial resources allocated to the Ministry for the 2025 fiscal year are
insufficient for the Ministry to achieve its objectives.

“KACRAN is deeply concerned that without immediate attention to these challenges, the foundational goals of the Ministry will remain unattainable. As the political landscape evolves, it is vital that the focus remains on policy timely implementation rather than allowing the future of this very important Ministry to be muddling through uncertainties.

“We urge President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to prioritize the renovation and operation of the Ministry’s office so that the Honourable Minister and staff can effectively promote and develop the livestock sector.

Additionally, we implore the President to invest significantly in the livestock
sector, for enabling the Ministry to actively engage in ensuring food security, enhancing the nation’s GDP, and reducing heavy reliance on imported milk and food products, which costs Nigeria billions of
dollars annually.

“Finally, KACRAN expresses gratitude to President Tinubu for appointing Professor Muhammadu Attahiru Jega as an Advisor on Presidential Livestock Reform Programmes. We hope that under his
guidance, the Ministry can achieve its goals and bring tangible benefits to Nigeria’s pastoralists and the wider population.”

KARAN Appeals for Support for the ministry of Livestock Development

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Security forces Conduct Show of Force In Jos, Bukuru During Church Services

Published

on

Security forces Conduct Show of Force In Jos, Bukuru During Church Services

By: Zagazola Makama

Joint Security forced in Plateau State on Sunday conducted a joint show of force across major flashpoints within Jos metropolis and the Bukuru general area to ensure peaceful church services and strengthen public confidence.

The operation involved troops of Operation Enduring Peace, personnel of the Nigerian Air Force 551 Station, Operation Keystone, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), and other security agencies.

Security sources said the exercise commenced at about 7:30 a.m. and was aimed at denying criminal elements freedom of action while providing adequate security coverage during church services.

The coordinated patrols and visibility operations covered identified vulnerable areas and strategic locations within Jos and Bukuru.

According to the sources, the operation was conducted without any security breach or incident, while religious activities across the affected areas remained peaceful.

The security agencies reaffirmed their commitment to sustaining collaborative operations aimed at maintaining law and order as well as protecting lives and property in Plateau State.

Security forces Conduct Show of Force In Jos, Bukuru During Church Services

Continue Reading

News

Teenage Sensations Rosemary, Miracle Win Gold for Nigeria, Secure World Championship Spot

Published

on

Teenage Sensations Rosemary, Miracle Win Gold for Nigeria, Secure World Championship Spot

Nigeria recorded a major triumph at the 24th CAA Senior Athletics Championship in Accra, Ghana, as teenage athletes Rosemary and Miracle delivered a stunning performance to win gold for the country in the women’s 4x100m relay event.

The young stars, both students of NTIC Secondary School, helped Team Nigeria clinch the gold medal with an impressive time of 42.94 seconds, further underlining the country’s growing strength in athletics.

Their victory also secured Nigeria a ticket to the World Championships in Gaborone, while guaranteeing qualification for the 2027 World Championship in China.

The feat was particularly remarkable for Rosemary, who was making her senior debut for Nigeria at the continental championship.

Sports enthusiasts have since praised the duo for proving that age is no barrier to excellence, with many describing their performance as a glimpse into the bright future of Nigerian athletics.

Teenage Sensations Rosemary, Miracle Win Gold for Nigeria, Secure World Championship Spot

Continue Reading

News

The Role of Intelligence in the Nigeria-US Joint Counter-Terrorism Operations That Neutralized Top ISWAP Commander, Fighters

Published

on

The Role of Intelligence in the Nigeria-US Joint Counter-Terrorism Operations That Neutralized Top ISWAP Commander, Fighters

By Augustine Aminu

On Friday, May 16, 2026, the world was jolted by news of the killing of top commander of the Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP), Abour Mainok and several other fighters. Also known as Abu Bilal al-Minuki, and considered the second-in-command of ISIL (ISIS) globally, the top terrorist commander was reportedly killed during a joint Nigeria-U.S. Counter Terrorism operation in Metele, Borno State.

Ever since the elimination of al-Minuki, considered one of the biggest blows in recent times to terrorists in the world over, torrents of encomium have been pouring in for the Nigeria -U. S. joint terrorism operations.
Posting on his Truth Social handle, U. S. President Donald Trump, wrote, “Brave American forces ⁠and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield,”

Al-Minuki, added President Trump, “thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had ‌sources ⁠who kept us informed on what he was doing.”

On his part, President Bola Tinubu stated that both countries had “recorded a significant example of effective collaboration in the fight against terrorism”.

Early assessments indicate that al-Minuki, along with “several of his lieutenants,” were killed during a strike on his compound in Metele, Borno State,” Tinubu said.

“Nigeria appreciates this partnership with the United States in advancing our shared security objectives,” he added. “I extend my sincere gratitude to President Trump for his leadership and unwavering support in this effort,” he added.

A few days after President Trump praised Nigerian Intelligence services for helping to hunt down Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, a man he described as “the most active terrorist in the world,” US Air Force General, Dagvin R.M. Anderson, Commander of U.S. Africa Command, also spoke glowingly of Nigeria’s Intelligence services.

Remarked Anderson, “The Nigerians have been instrumental throughout the last several months, developing the target, helping us with the Intelligence and providing support. So, it could not have been done by our own Forces. We needed to do that in conjunction with them.”

Security sources who analyzed President Trump’s terse statement, alongside that of the to head of AFRICOM, General Anderson, were quick to point out that the “sources” who kept the United States and Nigerian Armed Forces informed of the movements of al-Minuki and his fighters, may be none other than Nigeria’s Intelligence agencies: the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigerian Intelligence Agency (NIA), and Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA).

Interestingly, six days before al-Minuki’s elimination, something crucial to the fight against terrorism happened in one North central town, well over 1,100 kilometres away from Metele, Borno State, where al-Minuki and over 175 of his fighters would meet their Waterloo.

Just as DSS, NIA and DIA operatives were helping US and Nigerian troops monitor the movement of Al-Minuki and his fighters around the Lake Chad region, a set of DSS operatives covertly captured a notorious leader of one of ISWAP’s critical cell in Nigeria . His name is Abdulrahman Ozovieh Muhammad alias Abu Ghozi.

Abu Ghozi, security sources believe, masterminded the December 2020 attack on a military checkpoint in Okene, killing two naval personnel and carting away their weapons.

Additionally, Abu Ghozi is believed to have masterminded the 11th March, 2021 bank robbery at Okuku, in Oda-Atin LGA of Osun State; carried out several attacks on police formations in Okene, Okehi and Adavi LGAs. He didn’t spare security checkpoints along Okene-Auchi, Okene –Kabba and Okene-Ajaokuta roads.

Also believed to be behind several kidnaps, including the October 2025 kidnap of a Chinese national in Okpella, Edo State, during which eight personnel of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) were killed, is Abu Ghozi.

In January, 2026, his group reportedly attacked and burnt down the house of the Chief Priest at Uhodo area of Okehi LGA. Members of his suspected terrorist group were, before his arrest by the DSS, reportedly set to attack detention facilities in Kainji and Abuja, to release detained members of their group.

Security sources believe that Abu Ghozi’s capture by DSS officers may have greatly helped the Nigerian Intelligence Services (DSS, NIA and DIA) gather further Intelligence that was ultimately used to nail al-Minuki and his fighters six days later in faraway Metele, Borno State.

No doubt, Nigeria’s Intelligence community and their military counterpart again proved very invaluable to the recent successes in the global fight against terrorism, and helped position Nigeria as a very trusted ally in the fight against terrorism.

For the first time since Nigeria began fighting terrorism circa 2010, the country has now fully turned the heat on terrorists, smoking them.out on a daily basis.. The recent successes recorded shows that with our Armed Forces increasingly relying on the intelligence supplied by the DSS, NIA and DIA, Nigeria will sooner than later overcome her security challenges.

Aminu has been online editor of several newspapers, and lives in Abuja

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights