Crime

Kidnap victim found dead in Adamawa, security forces launch manhunt

Published

on

Kidnap victim found dead in Adamawa, security forces launch manhunt

By: Zagazola Makama

Security forces have launched a manhunt for suspected kidnappers following the discovery of the body of a ransom bearer who was abducted alongside others in Girei Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

Security sources said the case was reported on Feb. 21 at about 4:00 p.m. by the Village Head of Mallam Madugu, Aminu Modibbo Bakura, at a police station in the area.

According to the sources, two residents – Usman Ibrahim, 45, and Abubakar Arwa, 65 – were initially kidnapped on Feb. 10 at about 9:00 a.m. by unknown gunmen who took them to an undisclosed location. The incident was not formally reported at the time.

Sources said that after a ransom of N1 million was arranged, two other residents, Abubakar Abdullahi, 28, and Ahmadu Ibrahim, 55, went to deliver the payment on Feb. 18 at about 5:00 p.m., but were also abducted by the assailants.

The matter came to light when, on Feb. 21 at about 2:00 p.m., the corpse of Abubakar Abdullahi was discovered.

Police operatives who visited the scene observed three bullet wounds on the deceased and recovered seven empty AK-47 ammunition shells.

The body was evacuated to a cottage hospital in Girei for autopsy, while investigations commenced.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to track down and arrest the perpetrators, assuring residents that security operations had been intensified across the area to curb kidnapping and related crimes.

Kidnap victim found dead in Adamawa, security forces launch manhunt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Exit mobile version