News
Leadership tussle: North East CAN backs Rev. Hayab
Leadership tussle: North East CAN backs Rev. Hayab
By: Inusa Ndahi
The Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the North East, Bishop Mohammed Naga has said that the entire members of the association in the region and by extension, North Central and North West are fully aligned with the leadership of Reverend, Dr. Joseph Hayab who was constituonally elected as Chairman of the 19 Northern States CAN and the FCT in February 2025.
He cautioned the so-called Sunday Oibe who is parading himself as Secretary alongside Rev. Yakubu Pam as Chairman to desist forthwith.
Bishop Naga who is also the General Secretary of the 19 Northern states CAN and the FCT disclosed this in a statement to newsmen on Saturday in Maiduguri, Borno state capital.
Bishop Naga who is the General Overseer of the Biblical Christian Church (BCC).in Nigeria, said, it has become imperative for him to speak out over the recent media hype sponsored by Oibe that, the recent federal high court ruling did not in any way affirm or legitimise Rev. Joseph Hayab’s claim to the chairmanship of the association.
His words: “On behalf of North East Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), I am the Chairman of North East Can and also the Secretary General of 19 Northern states and FCT CAN which we were duly elected in February 2025.
“The so-called Sunday Oibe who is parading himself as the Secretary has never been elected to such an exalted position, rather, he was asked to finish the tenure of Barrister Danladi who God called to Glory. Even the office of the Northern CAN that is going on, the election was conducted in 2016, so if you calculated it to 2025, you would know the number of years spent which has automatically shown that their tenure has elapsed since then.
“Therefore, Oibe’s office has expired, and all the Chairmen of Northern CAN gathered in Abuja and resolved constitutionally, conducted an election which hitherto brought into Leadership of Reverend Dr. Joseph Hayab as the current Chairman of Northern CAN, and we in the North East, we don’t recognize Oibe as our leader and they are no longer our leader. They should desist from parading themselves.
“Whether there was a Court Rule or No Court Rule, it is true that there is no constitutional backing for whatsoever to warrant them claim they are our leaders.
“This Northern CAN as far as we are concern is our legacy and heritage. Our forefathers left it for us on behalf of the entire Christedom in Northern Nigeria, and we have to protect it”. Naga stated.
He pointed out that, the whole thing was that, there was an advancement of crushing Christianity, but their forefathers struggled, fought for them and developed a resistant force where each one is expected to face his/her own religion.
Continuing: “This fight like the man Oibe taking people to Court when there was no legal backing is uncalled for. The Court has ruled on the matter, why should he be making noise, let him be assured that there are no people with him, we in the North East are not with him, even in the North Central, the Vice Chairman of Northern CAN, is the Chairman of North West zonal CAN, which is constitutionally constituted, and my humble self as the Chairman of North East. So if you look at it, all the Chairmen of North Central, North West and North East are all in this Northern CAN matter. In fact, the whole matter behind it is that, the acclaimed leadership of Oibe are no longer relevant, they dont carry everybody along, there is no tangible or viable evidence of what they have done for the North”. Naga further explained.
He noted that they have gathered several times as Chairmen of CAN in the Northern part and held fruitful deliberations on how to forge ahead peacefully.
” let Oibe be assured that his office has expired and he should not arraign himself as a leader again. I am speaking on behalf of Northern CAN Chairmen, that we are together, we are solidified, we are strong, vibrant and we are up to the task.
” Let me also call on our members across the Northern States to remain calm, focused, prayerful, and to disregard the ongoing media distortions mainly sponsored by Oibe”. He concluded.
Leadership tussle: North East CAN backs Rev. Hayab
News
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
By: Our Reporter
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved a special training fund for the 56 medical doctors currently undergoing residency training under the state’s sponsorship.
The governor granted the approval during an interactive meeting with the resident doctors at the Government House in Maiduguri on Thursday.

The meeting was convened at the governor’s instance to assess the progress of the doctors’ training and address any challenges hindering their seamless progression in their various places of primary assignments.
Beyond approving the training fund, Zulum also approved the immediate implementation of promotional benefits for all resident doctors due for career progression.
He directed that the promotions be implemented with immediate effect and that all arrears be paid to the beneficiaries, dating back to the effective date of their promotions.
The governor also directed the Borno State Hospital Management Board to organise a similar interaction with other medical doctors in the state who are not undergoing residency training.

He reiterated that the welfare of all health workers in the state remained a top priority for his administration, stressing that a motivated workforce is essential for delivering quality healthcare services to the people of Borno.
“My administration is committed to creating an enabling environment for our health professionals. We understand that without their dedication, we cannot achieve the needed health coverage we desire for our citizens,” the governor stated.
The meeting was attended by key stakeholders in the health sector, including the Commissioner for Health, Professor Baba Mallam Gana; the chairman of the State Hospital Management Board, Dr Joseph Jatau; and the Chief Medical Director, Professor Abubakar Kullima.

Also in attendance were the acting Chief of Staff, Dr Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe; the Chief Adviser to the Governor, Dr Mairo Mandara, the Executive Director, Borno State Primary Healthcare Development Board, Professor Arab Alhaji Mohammed and the Chief Medical Director of the Kashim Ibrahim University Teaching Hospital, Prof. Ibrahim Musa Kida.
Zulum meets 56 state-sponsored doctors, approves training fund, others
News
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
The Kolga Youth Progressive Alliance has raised perturbing concerns of Mrs Ebizi Brown Ndiomu, member representing Sagbama Constituency || desperateness for consideration as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State.
The state lawmaker rumoured for possible nomination, consideration for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, has been modelling around the Honorable Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri in Abuja.
A statement issued on Friday by the group spokesman, Comrade Tony Alazigha, the group described Mrs Ebizi Brown adulterous demeanor to be ascribed as desperate measures for consideration, and replacement of the departed deputy governor.
According to the group, Ebizi who shares a good working relationship with the Governor, Senator Douye Diri had ought to concentrate on the established relationship with the governor rather than adulterously running around Heineken Lokpobiri.
The adulterous, scandalous conduct of the honorable member modelling around politicians for consideration of the office of the deputy governor, will dent the image and reputation of the governor and the government.
The group spokesman demanding the general public to be watchful, stated that Kolga leaders who are relations to Mrs Ebizi Brown, are the people desperately pushing for the nomination of the lawmaker to deputize the Governor, Senator Diri.
He said the Kolga leaders pushing for Mrs Ebizi nomination as deputy, are leaders whom Governor Douye Diri has munificently made billions, but not satisfied because they want to control the government, and the leadership structure of the state.
The group cautioned Senator Douye Diri to dismiss the consideration of the Sagbama lawmaker for the replacement of the departed deputy governor, Mr Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
“The office of the deputy governor demands capacitated individual of reliability, trustworthy, hardworking, resourcefulness, competence, and not adulterous character displayed by the lawmaker from Sagbama.
“Is it the honorable minister working for governorship ambition that will nominate her or the governor whom she share good working relationship.
“Even in Sagbama local government area, there more competent, reliable individuals working closely with the governor that are worthy to deputize Governor Diri, and definitely not adulterous, unreliable Ebizi Brown.
The group urged Senator Diri to look inward in Sagbama for competent, dependable, trustworthy individual that will prioritize Bayelsans before personal interest to deputize him.
Ebizi Unreliable, Adulterous Conduct Modelling Around Lokpobiri Over Deputy Office – Kolga Group Alleges
News
Zulum okays N12.9b to sponsor Borno indigenes on aeronautics/engineering degrees
Zulum okays N12.9b to sponsor Borno indigenes on aeronautics/engineering degrees
By: Our Reporter
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has approved a N12.9 billion scholarship scheme to sponsor 54 indigenes of the state to study aeronautics and engineering with various professional certifications, at the Isaac Balami University of Aeronautics and Management (IBUAM).
The training programme covers basic pilot training, with 10 beneficiaries specialising in Aerospace Engineering, 11 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 11 in Mechatronics Engineering, 12 in Software Engineering, and 10 in Systems Engineering.

At a brief ceremony held at the Government House in Maiduguri on Thursday night, Zulum presented a cheque for N2.5 billion to the institution, covering the annual tuition and associated expenses, with the 5-year total package valued at N12.9 billion.
Addressing the beneficiaries, Zulum charged them to remain focused and dedicated to their studies. He emphasised that the selection process was deliberately designed to ensure equity across the state, with two students chosen from each of Borno’s 27 Local Government areas.

“What matters most is not just gaining admission, but how focused you will be in your studies. I advise you to remain dedicated and become good ambassadors of our state,” the governor stated.
In addition to funding their education, the governor announced an immediate financial support package of N500,000 per student to cover resumption logistics and other incidental expenses.

Giving an overview of the selection process, the State Commissioner for Education, Engr. Lawan Abba Wakilbe revealed that the scholarship attracted interest from across the state. He disclosed that the ministry received over 3,000 applications.
According to the Commissioner, this large pool was initially shortlisted to 1,200 candidates, who were then subjected to a written examination, and the final 54 successful candidates emerged.
“These programmes reflect Governor Zulum’s commitment to human capital development, youth empowerment and investment in education,” Engr Wakilbe said.

The founder of IBUAM, Isaac Balami, an indigene of Borno State, commended Governor Zulum for the initiative. He assured the government that the students would receive world-class training, expressing confidence that they would be among those who would eventually build the first made-in-Nigeria aircraft.
Zulum okays N12.9b to sponsor Borno indigenes on aeronautics/engineering degrees
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News10 months agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
