Connect with us

Military

Major Shake-Up in NCoS, 5 Directorate Heads, 147 Senior and 23 Junior officers Redeployed

Published

on

Major Shake-Up in NCoS, 5 Directorate Heads, 147 Senior and 23 Junior officers Redeployed

By: Michael Mike

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) in a bid at repositioning has undertaken major shake-up that has left five directorate heads, 147 senior and 23 junior officers redeployed.

A statement by the spokesman of NCoS, Francis Enobore on Sunday said the
Controller General of Corrections, Haliru Nababa has reshuffled the Directorate heads in the Nigerian Correctional Service and redeployed 170 other officers to inject new ideas and promote effective coordination of activities for enhanced service delivery.

He disclosed that the development saw DCG MA Tukur taking over the Directorate of Non-Custodial Measures (NCM) while DCG SN Nwakuche, who hitherto superintended over NCM Directorate takes over the Operations Directorate. DCG (covering duties) ME Melchizedek now oversees the Directorate of Health and Welfare as DCG TO Oladipupo retires from service.

READ ALSO: FG Strengthens Response To Lassa Fever

Also, DCG (covering duties) EA Oputa has moved from the Directorate of Training and Staff Development (STD) to head the Directorate of Inmates’ Training and Productivity (ITP) while ACG LA Showumi who was the Zone A Coordinator now takes over the Directorate of TSD as DCG (covering duties). ACG Uche Nwobi is moved to Lagos to take over as Zone A Coordinator.

The exercise also affected 21 Controllers of Corrections and 13 Deputy Controllers of Corrections. While some are deployed to take over state commands and Custodial Centres, others are assigned new responsibilities both at the National Headquarters and at state levels.

Enobore said the Controller General charged all officers and men concerned to report at their new posts and hit the ground running, giving no space for indolence that could further compromise the sacredness of Custodial Centres.

The CG noted that “this measure is not only germane as a response strategy to the security challenges confronting the NCoS but imperative in evolving new ideas that will set the Service on a higher pedestal.

He therefore, challenged officers to be ingenious in the discharge of their responsibilities.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Military

Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno

Published

on

Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno

By Zagazola Makama

The Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) has neutralised nine suspected terrorists and destroyed three carts believed to be carrying weapons and logistics during a precision air strike at Dumba in Borno State.

The operation was conducted on Saturday, Aug. 8, following credible intelligence on terrorist activities around the Dumba area.

According to a military situation report obtained by Zagazola Makama, the operation was executed during an armed reconnaissance and air interdiction mission.

The sources said the aircraft, established overhead Dumba at about 2:58 p.m. after intelligence indicated the presence of suspected terrorists in the area.

On reaching the target location, the aircraft reportedly detected a group of three suspected terrorists walking along a road and another group of six terrorists pushing three carts suspected to be laden with weapons and other logistics.

Rather than engaging immediately, the aircraft maintained surveillance and tracked the terrorists until both groups converged and came to a halt at a location inside the bush.

The nine terrorists were subsequently engaged in a precision strike, resulting in the neutralisation of all nine.

The air platform thereafter returned to the area where the terrorists had been observed and conducted a second strike on the three carts earlier sighted carrying suspected weapons and logistics.

Battle damage assessment indicated that all three carts were destroyed and engulfed in flames, further degrading the terrorists’ logistics capability in the area.

The latest operation illustrates the growing importance of intelligence-led air reconnaissance in identifying and tracking mobile terrorist elements before they can establish temporary hideouts or move weapons and supplies across the theatre.

The successful strike also comes amid sustained air and ground operations by OPHK aimed at disrupting terrorist movements, logistics networks and freedom of action across the North-East.

Military sources said the overall situation in the area remained calm but unpredictable, while troops maintained satisfactory morale and fighting efficiency

Military Airstrikes neutralizes nine terrorists, destroy logistics carts in Borno

Continue Reading

Military

Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno

Published

on

Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno

By: Our Reporter

Following the clearance mission, the patrol occupied a tactical ambush position along a suspected terrorist route to monitor movement and deter any attempt by insurgents to infiltrate the area.

Military sources described the patrol as hitch-free, adding that troops maintained a high level of vigilance throughout the operation.

The clearance mission forms part of the ongoing Operation Desert Sanity V, which is aimed at sustaining pressure on Boko Haram and ISWAP elements, preventing their return to previously cleared locations, and creating a secure environment for civilian populations to carry out their livelihoods.

Sources added that the general security situation in the area remained calm but fluid, while the morale and fighting efficiency of the troops were reported to be satisfactory.

Troops conduct clearance patrol in Borno

Continue Reading

Military

Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara

Published

on

Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara

By Zagazola Makama

Residents of Gummi town in Zamfara State on Thursday poured into the streets to celebrate troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, following a major operational success against terrorists in the area.

Eyewitnesses said the jubilant crowd gathered as soldiers arrived in town with logistics recovered from terrorists after a successful counter-ambush operation that reportedly left more than 100 terrorists neutralised.

The recovered items, including eight motorcycles used by the armed groups for movement during attacks on communities, were transported on an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) to the Headquarters of Operation FANSAN YAMMA in Gummi.

Residents were seen cheering, waving at the troops and applauding their efforts as the convoy entered the military base, with many expressing appreciation for the soldiers’ courage and sacrifices in the ongoing fight against banditry in the North West.

Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the successful operation dealt a significant blow to the criminal networks operating in the area, disrupting their mobility and logistical capabilities.

The spontaneous celebration by residents is seen as a reflection of growing public confidence in the military’s sustained offensive against terrorists and bandits across Zamfara and neighbouring states.

Military authorities reaffirmed that Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains committed to sustaining offensive operations aimed at dismantling terrorist enclaves, denying criminal elements freedom of movement, and restoring lasting peace across the North West.

The Joint Task Force also acknowledged the continued support and actionable intelligence provided by residents, describing community cooperation as critical to the success of ongoing operations.

Residents Cheer Troops as Operation FANSAN YAMMA Returns with Captured Terrorists’ Logistics in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights