Connect with us

Crime

MNJTF neutralises 100 terrorists in Lake Chad

Published

on

MNJTF neutralises 100 terrorists in Lake Chad

MNJTF neutralises 100 terrorists in Lake Chad

Troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), have eliminated no fewer than 100 Boko Haram/Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists, including 10 key commanders in the Lake Chad region.

The Chief of Military Public Information for MNJTF, Col. Muhammad Dole, in a statement on Sunday, said the forces successfully hit the enclaves in a well-coordinated land and air offensives.

Dole said the offensives were conducted under “Operation Lake Sanity”, joint operations involving the MNJTF troops from Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon and troops from Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK- Nigeria).

He said the operation also included the combined Air Task Forces of MNJTF and OPHK other security agencies and the Civilian Joint Taskforce (CJTF).

READ ALSO: NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine Consignments At Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt Airports, Arrests 7 Traffickers

Dole said the troops raided the insurgents’  dens in Zanari, Arina Woje, which served as major fabrication workshops, and several other locations around the Islands from different corridors in the last week.

According to him, the terrorists were neutralised following intelligence-driven lethal airstrikes in the Lake Chad islands by the combined air task forces.

“Some of the commanders include Abubakar Dan Buduma, Abubakar Shuwa, Abu Ali and Abu Jubrilla among others.

“Relatedly, sophisticated weapons of different calibres including a 105 mm artillery piece, several canoes/boats, motorcycles, bicycles, several Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) making factories and bunkers were destroyed.

“In the course of the operation, a significant number of innocent citizens, mostly women and children held captive by the criminals, were rescued.

“Large quantities of foodstuff (grains), fuel dumps, illicit drugs, terrorists’ uniforms and other households materials were recovered and destroyed immediately,” he said.

MNJTF spokesman said that logistics and foodstuffs, including several bags of maize and beans, motorcycles, and some immobilised military and civil vehicles, were discovered at Fedondiya settlement in a clearance operation.

He said that equipment, like grinding machines, vehicle fabrication tools and military uniforms, were also destroyed and set ablaze in the location.

According to him, it was obviously a big Boko Haram /ISWAP camp having another large IED making and vehicle-borne IED making factory that was cleverly camouflaged to prevent detection from the air.

Dole said the MNJTF troops on clearance patrols in Kimeguna near Lake Chad in the Niger Republic accosted terrorist logisticians ferrying 457 bags of fish in several carts.

He said the bags of fish were immediately destroyed in line with the MNJTF standing operating procedure, adding that the suspects were currently being profiled.

According to him, the obviously frustrated BHT/ISWAP criminals have resorted to the indiscriminate laying of IEDs and the use of vehicle-borne explosive devices attacks.

He said the troops had encountered four of such attacks, saying that 18 soldiers including an officer had been wounded in these attacks.

Dole added that the wounded had been evacuated to various military medical facilities for treatment, while three soldiers and one member of the CJTF paid the supreme sacrifice.

According to Dole, the Force Commander (FC) MNJTF, Maj.-Gen. Abdul-Khalifah Ibrahim, commended his deputy, sector commanders, officers and men of MNJTF and other operations, including the CJTF for their courage and commitment.

Dole said Ibrahim paid tribute to the troops who paid the supreme sacrifice and prayed for the quick recovery of the wounded heroes.

Ibrahim urged the troops to be resolute and bold to finally eradicate the criminals from the Lake Chad areas and promised continuous logistics support to the troops.

The force commander advised the terrorists to lay down their arms like thousands of their colleagues who had done so instead of pursuing a futile and failed cause.

He also appealed to communities in the areas of operation and beyond to always support security forces by passing credible information on the terrorists quickly to bring an end to the scourge of terrorism in the area.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Published

on

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspects following a clash between farmers and herders in Waduku, Lamurde Local Government Area, which resulted in injuries to a villager and 11 cattle.

Sources told Zagazola Makama that the incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on April 2 when some herders allegedly trespassed into a rice farm and caused damage to the crops.

In retaliation, angry youths from the village attacked the herders, injuring their cattle and wounding one person identified as Righteous Boti from Nzumoso Village.

Security personnel visited the scene and held an emergency meeting with local stakeholders to prevent further escalation of violence.

The arrested suspects include Rabo Buba, 31; Ahmadu Adamu, 20; Stephen Pwagwadi, 17; Shadrach Simon, 19; Lot Gad, 20; and Righteous Boti, 27.

The injured individuals received treatment at the Tingno Primary Health Care Clinic and have since been discharged.

Six Arrested as Farmers, Herders Clash in Adamawa

Continue Reading

Crime

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Published

on

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

A deadly clash broke out between members of the nomadic Fulani and Hausa communities at Dan Sokoto Model Primary School in Bungudu Township, Zamfara State, during the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr on April 1, 2025.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama that the altercation resulted in the death of 17-year-old Abbas Sani, a resident of Kuga Village.

He was found in a pool of blood and was rushed to General Hospital Bungudu, where he was confirmed dead by medical personnel. The body was subsequently deposited at the hospital morgue.

In response to the incident, security forces launched an intensive raid in the area, leading to the arrest of 15 suspects.

15 Arrested as Clash Between Nomadic Fulani and Hausa Community Leads to Fatality in Zamfara

Continue Reading

Crime

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Published

on

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Two soldiers from the 312 Battalion Kalapanzi Barracks in Kaduna were attacked by armed assailants on April 2, 2025, at Babar Saura around 4:41 PM.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makaka that three attackers, armed with sophisticated weapons, shot the soldiers, leaving one, Corporal James (surname unknown), dead, and Private Ibrahim Bazalla injured. The assailants stole two AK-47 rifles from the soldiers before fleeing the scene.

The victims were rushed to the 44 Army Reference Hospital, where Corporal James was confirmed dead, while Private Bazalla is receiving medical treatment for his injuries.

Following a coordinated operation by the military, police and vigilante groups, the assailants were tracked to Degel2, Kaduna, where they abandoned a silver Toyota Corolla. As they attempted to escape, the attackers snatched a white Toyota Venza from a civilian, Abdullahi Mohammed, of Badarawa, Kaduna.

Efforts to arrest the suspects and recover the stolen vehicle are ongoing.

Two Soldiers Attacked by Gunmen in Kaduna

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights