Connect with us

Crime

MNJTF troops eliminates 55 terrorists, including top Commanders of ISWAP

Published

on

MNJTF troops eliminates 55 terrorists, including top Commanders of ISWAP
 
….destroy 13 vehicles, 5 VBIED, 13 mottocycles 
 
By: Zagazola Makama
 
No fewer than 55 terrorists from the Islamic State of the West African province(ISWAP), including several top Commanders were killed by the troops of the Multi- National Joint Task(MNJTF), Force in the Fringes of Arege in Malam Fatori, in Abadam Local Government Area of Borno State.
 
According to the Niger Ministry of Defence, a 22 day aggressive  operation nicknamed Operation HARBIN ZUMA which began on  May 6 2023 and  ended on Sunday May 28, targeting ISWAP strongholds in the Tumbums were coordinated by the troops of Sector 3 and Sector  4 MultiNational Joint Task Force(MNJTF).
 
Some of the top Commanders such as  Fiya Abouzeid, Qaïd Abou Oumama and Qaïd Malam Moustapha, as well as several religious leaders whose identities are not yet known, were naturalized.
 
Close coordination between Niger-Nigerian Air Task Force  and land forces made it possible to locate the enemy and inflict significant losses on him.
 
The troops also successfully destroyed 13 vehicles and 13 motorcycles while 5 other Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices(VBIED), were trail, trapped and destroyed by the troops.
 
The Nigérienne Sector 4 MNJTF, lost 2 of its soldiers,  3 slightly wounded, while one phantom Mrap was damaged. It however, did not disclose this casualty recorded on the Nigerian Counterpart.
 
The main objective of the operation was to neutralize the terrorists who were in their bastion in Aregé, Nigeria.
 
The operation also aimed to maintain pressure on the Islamic State in West Africa (EIAO) and to eliminate any presence of armed terrorist groups in the area bounded by the vices of BOSSO, BAGA, GOUDOUMBALI and GASHIGAR. It was also planned to cut off all supply routes for armed terrorist groups and reduce the threat in the region.

MNJTF troops eliminates 55 terrorists, including top Commanders of ISWAP

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Troops Foil Cattle Rustling Attempt in Plateau Border Community

Published

on

Troops Foil Cattle Rustling Attempt in Plateau Border Community

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled an attempted cattle rustling operation by unidentified armed men in a border community between Bassa and Jos South Local Government Areas of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 11:50 p.m. on May 17, 2026, following reports of sporadic gunshots around Rigochongo village.

According to the sources, troops swiftly mobilised to the area and discovered that the gunfire emanated from a group of armed men attempting to rustle cattle within the community.

The attackers reportedly abandoned the operation and fled the area upon the arrival of security personnel.

Authorities said no casualty was recorded during the incident, while security patrols and surveillance had been intensified in the area to prevent further criminal activities.

Troops Foil Cattle Rustling Attempt in Plateau Border Community

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Raid Suspected Terror Logistics Network in Sokoto, Arrest 11

Published

on

Troops Raid Suspected Terror Logistics Network in Sokoto, Arrest 11

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of the Nigerian Army have arrested 11 suspects and recovered a fabricated firearm during a raid on suspected terrorist logistics suppliers in Sokoto State.

Military sources said the operation was conducted at about 11:00 a.m. on May 17, 2026, by troops of the 8 Division Garrison at Sabon Birni in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of the state.

According to the sources, the raid targeted suspected logistics hubs believed to be supplying terrorist elements operating within the area.

During the operation, troops recovered one locally fabricated pistol loaded with 10 rounds of 7.62mm NATO ammunition, alongside quantities of suspected hard drugs.

The sources added that 11 suspects were arrested from different hideouts within the area during the coordinated operation.

All suspects and recovered items were subsequently handed over to the Nigeria Police Force for further investigation and possible prosecution.

Troops Raid Suspected Terror Logistics Network in Sokoto, Arrest 11

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

Published

on

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of 17 Brigade, Operation FANSAN YANMA have arrested a suspected gunrunner allegedly involved in supplying weapons and ammunition to terrorist groups operating in the North-West.

Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the suspect, identified as Saidu Rabiu, aged 25, from Wagini in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State, was arrested on May 15, 2026, at about 10:20 a.m.

According to the sources, troops acted on credible intelligence and swiftly mobilised to the General Hospital, Batsari, where the suspect was reportedly receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.

He was subsequently arrested at the hospital without resistance and moved for interrogation.

Preliminary investigation allegedly linked the suspect to the supply of military-grade weapons and ammunition to several notorious terror kingpins operating in the region, including Bello Turji, Ado Aliero, and other criminal commanders identified as late Kachalla Black and Yellow.

Troops said the suspect is currently in custody and undergoing further interrogation to uncover wider arms trafficking networks supporting terrorist operations in the North-West.

Troops Arrest Suspected Gunrunner Linked to Notorious Terror Kingpins in Katsina

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights