Connect with us

News

NAF obliterate scores of Bandits in Tsafe, Zamfara

Published

on

NAF obliterate scores of Bandits in Tsafe, Zamfara

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigerian Airforce have naturalized scores of bandits in damaging airstrikes in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara state.

Military sources confirmed to Zagazola Makama that the airstrikes were conducted
in two locations on Wednesday March 27, 2024, at Magazu Village, Gidan Giye and Kachallah Hassan Nabamu camp, in Tsafe LGA.

Sources said that the gunbattle began with ground troops of Operation Hadarin Daji who repelled the bandits as they attempted to infiltrate Gidan Giye in Tsafe. After their defeat by the the troops, the bandits immediately called for reinforcement.

Soon, the bandits started converging at Tabanni, Magazu and Kachallah Hassan Nabamu villages in an efforts to carry out attacks in Tsafe from different front.

The sources said that NAF assets was detailed to conduct aerial patrols where its identified the terrorists moving in a large convoys of about 50 motorcycles conveying two fighters around Magazu.

The sources said that the attack aircraft delivered at least four full packages of shawarma, Zobo and Sausages, which scored a divaststing hits, leading to the neutralization of scores of the fighters.

The sources said that the surviving bandits were visibly seen scampering for safety in different directions while the strike was taking place.

The aftermath of the strikes later revealed the obliteration of almost 37 motorcycles and the terrorists on them while dead bodies were seen all over the places at Kachallah Hassan Nabamu camp in Tsafe.

Zagazola understands that some of the bandits leaders and fighters are currently at Asola village for a condolence visiting following killing of their fighters by the troops of Operation Hadarin Daji.

NAF obliterate scores of Bandits in Tsafe, Zamfara

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Published

on

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 3 of Operation Enduring Peace intervened in a reported case of farm destruction caused by cattle grazing in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the troops responded at about 1:30 p.m. on May 19 following a report that farmland belonging to one Bitrus Isah had been damaged by cattle allegedly owned by one Abdul Abu at Rigochongo village.

On arrival at the scene, the troops reportedly intercepted 49 cows and nine sheep grazing on the farmland without any herder present.

The livestock were secured to prevent further destruction and escalation of tension in the community.

Security sources said both parties involved were subsequently invited for amicable resolution of the dispute in order to maintain peace and prevent reprisal actions.

Authorities added that the intervention formed part of ongoing efforts to manage farmer-herder-related conflicts and sustain harmony across communities in Plateau State.

Troops Intervene in Farm Destruction Incident in Plateau

Continue Reading

News

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Published

on

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 7, Sub-Sector 71 of Operation Enduring Peace have foiled a kidnapping attempt along a highway in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Security sources told Zagazola that the incident occurred at about 12:15 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Ungwan Gora checkpoint responded to distress information on suspected kidnappers operating along the road at Ungwan Dariya village.

The troops reportedly moved swiftly to the location, forcing the suspected kidnappers to abandon their mission and flee into surrounding areas.

During the operation, one victim was rescued with injuries sustained during the attack.

The victim was immediately evacuated to Confidence Hospital, Fadan Karshi, for medical treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to prevent further incidents.

Troops Foil Kidnapping Attempt, Rescue Injured Victim in Kaduna

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Published

on

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

By: Zagazola Makama

A suspected collaborator of kidnappers has died after becoming unconscious while in military custody in Nasarawa State.

Security sources said troops of Sector 2 under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) intercepted the suspect at about 7:00 a.m. on May 19 at Ancha community in Akwanga Local Government Area.

The suspect was reportedly apprehended at Anguwan Makama following allegations of involvement in activities linked to kidnapping operations in the area.

During preliminary interrogation, the suspect reportedly became unconscious.

He was immediately evacuated to Nunku Primary Health Care Centre for medical attention, where he was confirmed dead by health officials.

Sources added that the remains of the deceased were released to his family for burial in accordance with local customs.

Security authorities said further assessment would continue in line with standard procedures, while operations against kidnapping networks in the area remain ongoing.

Suspected Kidnap Collaborator Dies in Custody After Arrest in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights