Connect with us

Crime

Nasiru Mohammed, ISWAP Liaising officer arrested  in Kaduna

Published

on

Nasiru Mohammed, ISWAP Liaising officer arrested  in Kaduna

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigerian Security  Intelligence have arrested an ISWAP collaborator, Nasiru Mohammed who provides liaising services to new arrival of terrorists into the North West of Kaduna State.

A Security Sources, told Zagazola Makama, a Counter Insuegency Expert and Security Analyst that the arrest was made recently through the aid of some local informants from the North East.

The sources disclosed that  Nasiru who worked at the GSM Wing of Kaduna Central Market was coordinating activities of the ISWAP ranging from logistics supply, provision of temporary shelter for terrorists before their deployment to various camps.

The sources said that the  terrorists collaborator usually received Boko Haram or ISWAP members fleeing from the North East due to the aggressive Operations by the troops of Operation Hadin Kai, and keep them in secrete hideouts for them to stabilised before they eventually move to other  camps in the North West and North Central.

The sources lamented that the real obstacle standing between the troops and the total and final obliteration of  terrorists is the nefarious activities of local network of informants, collaborators and sponsors who are aiding and abating the crises.

This network of informants has become a booming business enterprise for the unscrupulous locals and their recruiters.

He was handed over to the troops of  1 Division, Nigerian Army, for further investigation.

READ ALSO: https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/29/journalists-in-yobe-boycott-government-activities-over-alleged-intimidation-harassment/

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Farouq Yahaya, has during his visit to the North East Theartre Of Operation, on Nov. 4, commended the troops in all  front line of Operations across the country noting that “there is still more work to be done to consolidate on the successes. 

He said the troops must “remain alert at all times. We can’t afford to take the situation for granted. We are not relenting.”

The COAS urged  the commanders to invest their resources in seeking more relevant Information,  adding that “Perpetrators are not from the moon; they are here with us.” 

“Commanders on the ground need to harness more information networks, relate with credible sources of information, triangulate and take necessary action on the Intels generated.”

He said the president and commander-in-chief of the armed forces have been keenly following the development on the front lines, and he has been happy with the troop’s operational successes. 

Nasiru Mohammed, ISWAP Liaising officer arrested  in Kaduna

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Published

on

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

By: Zagazola Makama

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has commended the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for dismantling a transborder drug trafficking syndicate involving Nigerian and Mexican nationals, describing the operation as a major breakthrough in the fight against organised crime.

The President gave the commendation in a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the statement, the operation led to the arrest of foreign nationals, local drug kingpins, and other collaborators, as well as the seizure of chemicals and illicit drugs valued at over 360 million dollars.

The Chairman of the NDLEA, Mohammed Buba Marwa, had earlier announced the successful operation following weeks of intelligence gathering and coordinated efforts by NDLEA operatives in collaboration with international partners.

President Tinubu said the successful operation demonstrated exceptional professionalism, courage, and commitment by the anti-narcotics agency in safeguarding society from the dangers of illicit drugs.

He commended the bravery and resilience displayed by NDLEA operatives throughout the operation and urged the agency not to relent in confronting drug trafficking networks.

The President noted that West Africa had increasingly become a major transit hub for cocaine, synthetic drugs, and unregulated pharmaceuticals destined for Europe and North America.

He warned that beyond constituting a serious security threat, narcotics also posed grave dangers to the future of young people, many of whom had fallen victim to drug abuse and trafficking networks.

Tinubu called on Nigerians to support the anti-drug campaign by remaining vigilant and reporting suspicious activities within their communities to security agencies.

According to him, the success of the operation sends a strong message that security agencies will not tolerate organised crime and criminality in any part of the country.

He reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that individuals and groups threatening public safety and national security face the full weight of the law.

NDLEA Busts $360m Transborder Drug Network, Earns Tinubu’s Praise

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Published

on

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8 of Operation Safe Haven have foiled an attempted motorcycle snatching along Jwak village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Security sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 21 when troops deployed at Jwak general area responded to a distress call over an attempt by suspected local criminals to dispossess a motorcyclist of his motorcycle along the highway.

The victim, identified as Shuaibu Ayuba, was reportedly attacked by the criminals before the arrival of the troops.

According to the sources, the swift intervention by the troops forced the attackers to abandon the operation and flee into nearby bushes.

The victim was rescued by the troops and immediately evacuated to the Medical Centre in Mangu for treatment.

Security sources said efforts were ongoing to track and apprehend the fleeing suspects, while patrols had been intensified along the axis to deny criminal elements freedom of action.

Authorities reassured residents of continued security presence and urged members of the public to provide timely information to aid ongoing operations.

Troops Foil Attempted Motorcycle Snatching by Plateau Militia in Mangu

Continue Reading

Crime

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

Published

on

Troops recover 39 cattle after the owner alleged to have been killed by rustlers in Mangu, Plateau

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Sector 8, Operation Enduring Peace have recovered 39 cattle allegedly roaming about in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau, in suspected targeted attack on the owner.

Security sources disclosed that the incident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on May 21 during a patrol by troops at Mwansat community.

The sources said the cattle were suspected to have been rustled, while the owner was feared to have been killed by cattle rustling networks in Mangu.

According to the sources, the troops moved the cattle to a safe location pending the identification of the owner and the affected farmer for amicable settlement.

Authorities said efforts were ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and prevent escalation of tensions in the area.

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights