Connect with us

News

New head of Fakarau urges parents to send their children to school

Published

on

New head of Fakarau urges parents to send their children to school.

By: Yahaya Wakili

The newly appointed village head of Fakarau in the Tikau emirate council of Yobe state, Alhaji Kule Maina, has said that education is very vital to the cost of living of human beings.

He urged the people under his domain to send their wards to school to learn education, either western education or Islamic education, adding that it is only education that can differentiate between a human being and an animal.

Maina, who spoke to Newsng on Saturday, said people should be patient despite the fact that we are in this materially difficult time. People should be managed and send their children to school; they will enjoy the benefits of it in the future because education can reform you, mold you, and nurse you at all times.

“Beside, he said, any policies and programs that Tikau Emirate Council comes out with, we will support them 100 percent, and we will also give out our contribution to see that we achieve what we focus on.

Maina expressed his appreciation to the emir of Tikau, Alhaji Dr Muhammadu Abubakar Ibn Grema, for turbaning on him the village head of Fakarau in the Tikau emirate council.

He also thanked the emir and the members of the emirate and assured that, by the grace of God, I would justify my confidence response by trying my best to see that we move Fakarau and the Tikau emirate forward.

Maina, calling on the people of his domain to give them their maximum support and cooperation, noted that, in any society where they are staying at peace, there are abiding laws and order, and these are what the emirate needed now.

New head of Fakarau urges parents to send their children to school

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

Published

on

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

By: Zagazola Makama

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) has conducted the second welfare flight for May 2026 in support of troops and personnel serving in the North-East theatre under Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK).

Military sources said the welfare flight was carried out on May 16, 2026, using a chartered ValueJet aircraft.

According to the sources, a total of 167 passengers were airlifted into the OPHK theatre, while 174 personnel were transported out of the theatre during the exercise.

The welfare flight initiative, introduced to support troop welfare and movement logistics, has continued to facilitate the rotation and transportation of military personnel serving in the counterinsurgency theatre.

The sources added that, with the latest operation, a cumulative total of 32,765 personnel have so far been transported into and out of the OPHK theatre since the commencement of the welfare flight programme.

Military authorities described the movement as successful and hitch-free.

COAS Welfare Flight Airlifts 341 Personnel In and Out of Operation Hadin Kai Theatre

Continue Reading

News

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

Published

on

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

By: Zagazola Makama

Security operatives in Bauchi State have discovered 21 suspected bomb impact points following reports of explosions and unusual aerial activity in Darazo Local Government Area of the state.

Police sources said the incident was first reported at about 12:05 a.m. on May 16, 2026, after residents heard loud sounds suspected to be explosions around Yautarai Grazing Reserve extending towards Sabon Sara area of Papa District.

According to the sources, unidentified helicopters were also sighted hovering over the area around the same time, raising further concern among residents.

Upon receipt of the report, a joint security team comprising personnel of the Nigeria Police Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit, military personnel, vigilantes and local residents conducted a search operation at about 8:00 a.m.

The team combed Jeje Forest and Aliya Grazing Reserve, where they discovered 21 suspected impact points believed to be from bomb drops.

Security sources said no casualties were recorded during the operation, and no additional incidents were reported in the affected communities.

Authorities said monitoring and surveillance operations were ongoing in the area to ascertain the nature of the explosions and ensure the safety of residents.

Security Operatives Discover Suspected Bomb Impact Points in Bauchi Grazing Reserve

Continue Reading

News

One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi

Published

on

One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi

By: Zagazola Makama

One person has been killed while two others sustained gunshot injuries following a violent clash between armed men and residents of Unguwan Marke area in Munsal Ward, Liman Katagum District, Bauchi Local Government Area of Bauchi State.

Police sources said the incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on May 16, 2026, when a group of armed men, allegedly posing as members of a hunters’ association, invaded the community and attempted to remove the roof of a building belonging to one Isah Garba of Balakum village in Alkaleri Local Government Area.

According to the sources, the situation escalated when youths of the community confronted the group, leading to the armed men opening fire on residents.

During the attack, Sani Hassan sustained gunshot injuries to his leg, while Garba of Shinge village was injured in the hand. Another resident, Mubarak Adamu, was shot and died on the spot.

The injured victims were evacuated to the Specialist Hospital, Bauchi, by a team of officers from the Nigeria Police Force, where a medical doctor confirmed the death of Mubarak Adamu before his body was released to relatives for burial.

Police authorities said preliminary findings indicated that the armed men claimed they were acting on an eviction order allegedly issued by a High Court in Bauchi, though the legality and circumstances surrounding the operation and use of firearms are currently under investigation.

The police added that efforts were ongoing to identify and arrest all persons connected to the incident.

One Dead, Two Injured as Armed Men Clash with Villagers Over Alleged Eviction in Bauchi

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights