Connect with us

News

Nigerian Army commissions, hands over 5 remodeled schools in JigawaSchools

Published

on

Nigerian Army commissions, hands over 5 remodeled schools in Jigawa
Schools

By: Our Reporter

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, on Friday commissioned and handed over five remodeled in Limawa Community in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa.

Lagbaja, represented by Chief of Military-Civil Affairs, Maj-Gen. N.C. Ugbo, said the exercise was conducted in the Chief of Army Staff’s Special Intervention Civil-Military Cooperation Projects.

He explained that the project is a unique initiative towards the fulfillment of the Nigerian Army’s drive for a community engagement in line with its non-kinetic efforts.

The COSA added that projects are designed to provide succor to communities of the Nigerian Army officers, who through their dedicated service to the nation have risen to the enviable rank of Major General.

“It gives me great pleasure to see that Jigawa state is blessed with one of such highly regarded senior officer in the person of Major General Abdulkadir Mohammed.

“It is pertinent to recall that just last month, we commissioned another critical project in Kazaure LGA as executed by Maj. General Kazaure and today we are here in Dutse to commission yet another project.
“Today, we are here to enveil the rebranded Limawa Model Primary School which is fully furnished and ready to serve the community,” the COAS said.
According to him, the execution of the project is an example of what can be achieved when passion, dedication and hard work are combined.
While calling for the schools to be well managed in order to contribute to the educational growth and prosperity of the benefiting community, Lagbaja acknowledged its commitment to providing timely and actionable information to the army and other security agencies in the state.

On his part, the Chief Executor of the project, Maj-Gen. Abdulkadir Muhammad, said initially only one dilapidated school, which was Limawa Model Primary School was proposed,
Muhammad, however explained when the project was about to be completed, four dilapidated schools were also considered and remodeled.

He gave the names of the schools as Dutse Model Primary School Limawa, Limawa Primary School, Junior Arabic Secondary School Limawa and Limawa Islamiyya School.

“This remodeling involved expanding of 11 blocks of 25 classrooms, where eight classes and office were renovated at Limawa primary school, two classes and two offices at Dutse model primary school limawa, nine classes at junior arabic secondary school limawa and single block of two classes at Limawa islamiyya school.
“Moreover, 10 toilets and one borehole were also renovated,” the chief executor said.

Sa’id said that the project comprised the renovation of 11 blocks of 24, classrooms , 10 toilet units, Water facilities and staff offices.
In his remarks, Gov Umar Namadi of the state, commended the COAs for the gesture, saying that it will complement the effort of the state government in providing an enabling environment for teaching and learning in the state.

Namadi also commended the executor of the project and described him as a proud son, who has concerns for the future of younger generations.
He assured that his administration, in collaboration with the benefiting community will effectively utilize and protect the facilities in order to achieve the desired goals of providing access to quality education.
On his part, the Emir of Dutse Hameem Nuhu-Sunusi extended the appreciation of the Limawa community and Dutse Emirate to the Chief of Army Staff for the gesture.
Nuhu-Sunusi also promised to promote good working relationships with military and other security agencies for maintaining peace and order in the state and Nigeria at large.

The educational materials, including school uniforms, were distributed for free to over 1,000 pupils in the area.

Nigerian Army commissions, hands over 5 remodeled schools in Jigawa
Schools

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Five Militants Killed in Attack Near Ayorou as Local Official Abducted in Niger Republic

Published

on

Five Militants Killed in Attack Near Ayorou as Local Official Abducted in Niger Republic

By: Zagazola Makama

At least five local militia members were killed following an attack by suspected Islamic State-linked gunmen in Seno village near Ayorou in Niger Republic’s Tillabéri region.

Local sources said the attack occurred at about 6:00 p.m. on May 17, 2026, when armed militants stormed the village, located approximately six kilometres from Ayorou, and targeted traders and local security volunteers operating in the area.

According to preliminary reports, at least five members of local self-defence groups engaged in securing the community were killed during the assault.

The incident came hours after the reported abduction of a local official identified as Moussa Koukou, said to be the perimeter manager of Diomana.

Sources disclosed that Koukou was kidnapped at about 11:00 a.m. while travelling in a Toyota RAV4 vehicle within the area.

Security sources believe the attack and abduction may be linked to ongoing activities of extremist groups affiliated with the Islamic State operating across the volatile Tillabéri region near the borders with Mali and Burkina Faso.

No official statement had been issued by Nigerien authorities as of the time of filing this report, while monitoring and security operations were said to be ongoing in the affected communities.

Five Militants Killed in Attack Near Ayorou as Local Official Abducted in Niger Republic

Continue Reading

News

Primaries: Aspirants protest imposition of Reps candidates in Adamawa

Published

on

Primaries: Aspirants protest imposition of Reps candidates in Adamawa

The Forum of House of Representatives Aspirants of Numan /Demsa/Lamurde Federal Constituency under the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa has protested what it described as imposition of candidates in the just concluded primary elections in the state.

Speaking during the peaceful protest in Numan Local Government Area, Adamawa, Vrati Nzonzo, the spokesperson of the Forum said, the committee responsible for the conduct of the exercise and the party officials failed to abide by the rules of the game.

Nzonzo said the rules for electing candidates were through consensus or direct primaries but stressed that none of the rules were observed.

According to him, with what happened, their mandate was stolen and given to someone who did not deserve the candidacy.

“The election was supposed to be Consensus or Direct primaries but we opposed the consensus and there were no direct primaries across the Constituency”, he said.

PNzonzo called on the National Chairman APC and Governor Ahmadu Fintiri to ensure justice and fairness for the victory of the party else they threatened that they won’t vote for the party at the general elections.

Justina Nkon another aspirant also condemned the conduct of the primary election across the constituency.

According to her, the electorate were at the venue of the primaries from 8:00a.m and no officials showed up until 2:00 p.m and later on they said they had conducted the election without seeing any election materials.

She urged Fintiri to live up to the promise he made at the time of his campaign that he would not betray the people in the state.

“It’s now under your watch as the leader of the party we are witnessing the undemocratic process of primary elections by enforcing candidates who have not been elected by the people in the Constituency”, she said.

According to her, the so-called primary elections are unconstitutional, hence the need to conduct a free, fair and credible primary elections.

Usoko ken-Supule, another aspirant, demanded justice and fairness for every aspirant and for the progress of the party in the constituency, state and the country at large.
“We want justice for the progress of the party and without fairness there is no progress, therefore we are respectful party loyalists.

“We are not happy in view of what happened and we are disappointed; we are calling on the party leadership and the state governor to consider the plight of the masses”, he said.

Primaries: Aspirants protest imposition of Reps candidates in Adamawa

Continue Reading

News

Zulum Assures Immediate Relief Items, Dignified Resettlement of Displaced Persons in Monguno

Published

on

Zulum Assures Immediate Relief Items, Dignified Resettlement of Displaced Persons in Monguno

By: Our Reporter

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has assured displaced communities affected by insecurity that the government is working closely with the Nigerian military hierarchy to provide immediate humanitarian and long-term support.

Governor Zulum gave the assurance when he visited displaced persons in Monguno town on Sunday, reaffirming his administration’s commitment to ensuring dignified resettlement back to their ancestral communities.

While at the IDP camp, the governor interacted directly with displaced families as women, children and elderly residents gathered around him while he listened to their concerns.

“We have examined the situation critically alongside the hierarchy of the Nigerian military, and it has been concluded that we shall provide immediate humanitarian support to these displaced communities, especially in the areas of water, shelter, and sanitation,” Zulum stated.

“Apart from this, we shall also ensure that medium and longer-term sustainable solutions are being adopted, which is acceptable to this community and their ancestral home,” he said.

“We will improve the living conditions of the displaced persons; we will not allow our citizens to endure such hardship without urgent government intervention.”

He also urged residents to cooperate with security agencies by reporting suspicious movements and activities within their communities, noting that sustaining peace and security requires collective responsibility.

“Security is everybody’s business. Communities must continue to support security agencies with timely and useful information,” the governor stated.

Governor Zulum disclosed that there are over 50,000 returnees in Marte, stressing that plans were underway to facilitate the return of more displaced persons to the town as part of the medium and longer-term solution.

He immediately directed the Secretary to the State Government, the Commissioner for Local Government, the Commissioner for Internal Security, and the Chairman of Marte Local Government Area to work out the modalities for implementing the recommendations adopted.

The governor sympathized with the people affected by the recent insecurity and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to supporting them.

As part of the visit, Governor Zulum also met with health workers at the Monguno Eye Hospital, commending them for continuing to provide medical services despite difficult working conditions and limited resources. He announced financial support to improve their welfare and encourage greater commitment to healthcare delivery in the area.

The governor also visited the Commanding Officer of Forward Operation Base (FOB) Mairari for a security brief.

Governor Zulum was accompanied by the Senator representing Borno North, Senator Mohanmed Tahir Monguno; Speaker of Borno State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Abdulkarim Lawan, Member Representing Marte, Monguno, Nganzai, Hon. Bukar Talba, Secretary to the state government, Bukar Tijani, Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Prof. Usman Tar, Commissioner for Local Government and Emirate Affairs, Hon. Sugun Mai Mele, alongside other government officials.

Zulum Assures Immediate Relief Items, Dignified Resettlement of Displaced Persons in Monguno

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights