Uncategorized
NRM Presidential Aspirant Faduri Declares 2027 Ambition, Vows To Rescue Nigeria From ‘Political Elites’
NRM Presidential Aspirant Faduri Declares 2027 Ambition, Vows To Rescue Nigeria From ‘Political Elites’
By: Our Reporter
Faduri Oluwadare Joseph, popularly known as Fadojoe, has formally declared his intention to contest the 2027 presidential election under the platform of the National Rescue Movement (NRM), promising what he described as “people-first leadership” to pull Nigeria back from economic decline and insecurity.
In a speech announcing his ambitionnon Wednesday, the sociologist and US-based healthcare executive said Nigeria was “bleeding” and required urgent rescue from years of corruption, mismanagement and what he called recycled political leadership.
Faduri, who hails from Ipetu-Ijesha in Osun State, recounted his early life struggles, revealing that he lost his father at the age of four and his mother at fourteen.
A graduate of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Faduri also stated that he is a licensed nurse in New York, United States, and currently serves as CEO of F Planet Group USA, with interests spanning healthcare, consulting, foundation work and film production.
Referencing Nigeria’s founding leaders—Nnamdi Azikiwe, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Obafemi Awolowo—the presidential hopeful said the country had drifted far from the ideals of a true republic envisioned at independence.
According to him, Nigeria has degenerated into a nation where poverty, youth unemployment, insecurity and currency depreciation have replaced the prosperity and unity of earlier decades.
Faduri blamed Nigeria’s challenges on systemic corruption and leadership failure, arguing that personal interests have consistently been placed above national interest.
He questioned the continued dysfunction of state assets such as refineries and the Ajaokuta Steel project, asking why thousands of workers are still paid in non-functional institutions while the country depends heavily on private interests and foreign services.
The NRM aspirant disclosed that he previously joined the Labour Party ahead of the 2023 elections and contributed to building the platform that produced Mr. Peter Obi as presidential candidate, but stepped down in the interest of unity.
Quoting American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., he said leadership must be measured by courage in times of crisis, insisting that Nigeria now needs decisive and people-driven governance.
Faduri said he would contest under the National Rescue Movement, symbolised by the honeybee, adding that it was time to return Nigeria “to her honey days.”
If elected, he promised to prioritise economic stability, strengthen the naira, revive local refining capacity, and address energy costs. He also pledged to make primary and secondary education compulsory, strengthen vocational training, and ensure lecturers’ salaries are paid promptly.
He further promised to rebuild public hospitals to world-class standards and vowed that no government official, including himself, would seek medical treatment abroad at public expense.
Other priorities listed include decentralising electricity supply, reforming and strengthening the military and police, and promoting local manufacturing, including the use of locally produced vehicles for official purposes.
Framing the 2027 election as “the people versus the political class,” Faduri called on Nigerians at home and in the diaspora to join what he termed a “rescue mission” to rebuild the country.
The statement reads in part; “When the founding fathers of this nation came together in the struggle for independence—great leaders like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, and Obafemi Awolowo—they fought for a Republic. A true Republic—if we can keep it.
“A Republic where government would be kind to its people. A Republic where life would be dignified, where food would be affordable, where citizens would love one another, and where love of country would supersede love of self. A Republic where leaders would create an enabling environment for prosperity through the proper use of our vast human and natural resources.
“A Republic where citizens would collaborate with government to build a society we can all be proud of. A Republic where morality, decency, and the fear of God would guide leadership. Above all, a Republic where people would feel safe in their own land. Today, my fellow Nigerians, we must admit that what we have falls far short of that vision.
“We now live in a nation that resembles a jungle—where survival of the fittest has replaced shared prosperity. A nation plunged into poverty by leaders who once enjoyed the best of Nigeria in their youth but have failed to preserve it for future generations.
“While the rest of the world is discussing artificial intelligence and technological breakthroughs, we are still campaigning with rice, noodles, onions, and ₦42,000 handouts on election day. What a tragedy.
“There was a time when the Nigerian passport was among the most respected in the world. Our naira was strong. Education was free and qualitative. Jobs awaited graduates even before graduation. Housing schemes met population growth. Hospitals functioned. Rural health centres served communities. You could travel safely from Lagos to Sokoto or from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri without fear.
“We lived as brothers and sisters—hopeful, united, and prosperous. But what do we have today? One of the highest youth unemployment rates in the world. Rising insecurity. A struggling economy. A free-falling currency. A passport that no longer commands respect. A nation once united now divided by suspicion and fear. A country once flowing with opportunity now burdened by poverty, hunger, kidnapping, and corruption.
“My fellow Nigerians, how did we get here? How did we descend to this level where our citizens flee daily as though escaping a war zone? We got here through years of systemic corruption, mismanagement, and policies that moved our country from boom to doom. We got here because leaders placed personal interest above national interest.
“Even those in the diaspora, who struggle daily abroad, still carry the burden of families back home. Many of our health workers abroad—once undervalued here—now treat Nigerian leaders overseas for ailments that should be handled in our own hospitals. Enough is enough.
“It is time to fight for the soul of our nation. I am not here merely to recount our problems. I am here to declare that Nigeria is fixable. It is not rocket science. What we have lacked is sincere, courageous, and people-centred leadership. What happened to our refineries? What happened to Ajaokuta Steel? Why do we continue to pay thousands of workers in non-functional institutions? Why must we depend on private individuals for what government should provide?
“Corruption has become normalized. Public funds meant for national development are diverted. Absurd excuses are given for missing money, yet there are no consequences. Poverty has no tribe. Hunger has no ethnicity. Insecurity affects us all. If we fail to rescue Nigeria now, we risk becoming slaves in our own land—not chained by colonial masters, but controlled by political elites who care only for themselves. This is why I offer myself for service.
In 2022, ahead of the 2023 presidential election, I joined the Labour Party and contributed to building the LP that produced Mr. Peter Obi. I stepped down in the interest of unity. However, leadership must be measured by resilience and responsibility, especially in times of crisis. As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
“Nigeria needs resolute, decisive, and people-driven leadership—not desperation or recycled political coalitions. The 2027 election will be the people versus the political class. And the people’s coalition shall prevail. I will be contesting under the National Rescue Movement (NRM), symbolized by the honeybee. It is time to return Nigeria to her honey days. If given the mandate, our government will be People First. Nation First.
“We will prioritize: Restoring economic stability and strengthening the naira; Revitalizing local refining capacity and addressing energy costs; Investing massively in education—making primary and secondary education compulsory and strengthening technical and vocational training; Ensuring lecturers’ salaries are never delayed.
“Rebuilding and equipping our hospitals to world-class standards. No government official—including myself—will seek medical treatment abroad at public expense. Decentralizing and stabilizing electricity supply. Reforming and strengthening the military and police to restore law and order.
“Encouraging local manufacturing, including the use of locally produced vehicles for official purposes. We will build a nation of law and order—a nation of reward and accountability. This is a generational call—a call for a shift from recycled leadership to visionary leadership. It is not a time for convenience. It is time to rebuild Nigeria.
“Our slogan says it clearly: “A Nation That Has Everything, Yet Lacks Everything.” Together, we will change that narrative. Join me in this rescue mission. Let us combine the best of Nigerians at home and abroad to build a new Republic—one we can keep,” the statement added.
NRM Presidential Aspirant Faduri Declares 2027 Ambition, Vows To Rescue Nigeria From ‘Political Elites’
Uncategorized
Hidden Wounds Across Borders: Thousands of Women in Nigeria, Somalia Suffer in Silence as Obstetric Fistula Crisis Deepens
Hidden Wounds Across Borders: Thousands of Women in Nigeria, Somalia Suffer in Silence as Obstetric Fistula Crisis Deepens
By: Michael Mike
Thousands of women in Nigeria and Somalia are battling one of the world’s most devastating childbirth injuries — obstetric fistula — amid poverty, weak healthcare systems, insecurity and limited access to emergency maternal care, according to humanitarian medical workers.
A statement on Friday by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), stated that from northern Nigeria to southwestern Somalia, women who survived prolonged and obstructed labour are now living with chronic pain, incontinence, stigma and social isolation after losing control of their bladder or bowel following traumatic childbirth complications.
At Jahun General Hospital in northern Nigeria and Bay Regional Hospital in Somalia, according to the statement, teams from Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and local health authorities are struggling to provide life-changing reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation services to affected women whose lives have been shattered by the condition.
For many of the patients, the injury came after days of labour without access to emergency caesarean sections or skilled medical care — a reality that continues to endanger women in fragile and conflict-affected regions.
The statement said Aisha (not her real name), a young Nigerian woman from Yobe State, arrived at Jahun General Hospital emotionally broken after losing her baby during childbirth and suffering severe internal injuries that left her incontinent.
On the other side of the continent, Hodan (equally not her real name), a Somali woman married off as a teenager, endured eight years of silence and humiliation after a prolonged labour during her first pregnancy left her with the same condition.
“I did not know there was treatment,” Hodan said after finally reaching the fistula unit in Baidoa.
According to MSF, obstetric fistula occurs when prolonged obstructed labour damages tissues between the birth canal and the bladder or rectum, leaving women leaking urine or stool continuously. In about 90 per cent of cases, the baby does not survive.
Medical experts said the condition is closely linked to child marriage, teenage pregnancy, malnutrition, female genital mutilation and the collapse or absence of emergency obstetric services.
In both Nigeria and Somalia, those risk factors are compounded by insecurity, displacement, poor transportation and overstretched health systems, forcing many women to attempt childbirth at home or in poorly equipped facilities.
Dr. Raphael Kananga said many patients arrive at hospitals only after suffering irreversible injuries.
“Most of the women who reach us have already given birth somewhere else or tried to, often at home, and often after several days of labour,” he said.
“By the time they arrive at our hospital, they have already sustained an injury, often with additional infections and complications. Surgical repair is possible, but this should have been prevented from happening in the first place.”
The 55-bed fistula ward at Jahun General Hospital has become a critical lifeline for women across northern Nigeria. Since its establishment in 2008, more than 6,000 reconstructive surgeries have been carried out there.
In 2025 alone, 295 women were admitted, while 224 underwent surgery. Between January and March 2026, another 64 women were admitted, with 48 already receiving surgical treatment.
Care at the facility includes free surgery, physiotherapy, psychological counselling, nutrition support and long-term rehabilitation, with many patients spending up to three months recovering.
Aisha, who has already undergone two surgeries and is awaiting a third procedure, said meeting other survivors gave her hope.
“At first, I thought I would never be cured,” she said. “Then I came here and saw other women with the same condition. I realised I was not alone.”
In Somalia, the fistula unit at Bay Regional Hospital, opened in 2025 with support from MSF and Somalia’s Ministry of Health, remains one of the few specialised centres in the country capable of handling such cases.
Since its launch, only 38 women have received treatment there, even though several thousand more are estimated to require urgent care nationwide.
Frida Athanassiadis said many women live with fistula for years before learning that treatment exists.
“Fistula care is not only about surgery,” she said. “It is about listening, counselling, and helping women rebuild their confidence.”
Healthcare workers warn that demand for fistula care in both countries far exceeds available capacity.
Jahun General Hospital remains the only facility in Jigawa State capable of performing vesicovaginal fistula reconstructive surgery, while Bay Regional Hospital is the only specialised centre in Somalia’s Southwest State.
Humanitarian organisations said the persistence of obstetric fistula reflects deeper failures in maternal healthcare systems across parts of Africa, where preventable childbirth complications continue to claim lives and destroy futures.
Medical experts insisted that fistula is entirely preventable through proper antenatal care, access to trained midwives, timely referrals and emergency caesarean sections before prolonged labour causes permanent tissue damage.
MSF and health officials are now calling for urgent investments in maternal and newborn healthcare services, including skilled birth attendance, emergency obstetric care and expanded fistula treatment programmes for women already living with the condition.
For survivors like Aisha and Hodan, however, the struggle goes beyond physical healing — it is also about reclaiming dignity after years of pain, silence and exclusion.
Hidden Wounds Across Borders: Thousands of Women in Nigeria, Somalia Suffer in Silence as Obstetric Fistula Crisis Deepens
Uncategorized
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
By: Zagazola Makama
A female family member linked to suspected ISWAP terrorists has surrendered to troops operating in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
Sources disclosed that the woman surrendered at about 10:08 a.m. on May 19 to troops of the 81 Division Task Force Battalion operating within Sector 1 Area of Responsibility.
The female surrenderer reportedly came out from Gargash village in Bama LGA and voluntarily presented herself to the troops.
Military sources said she was subsequently profiled and documented in line with existing procedures for further necessary action.
The surrender is the latest in a series of defections involving insurgents and their family members in the North-East, following sustained military offensives and clearance operations targeting terrorist enclaves across the region.
Security sources said ongoing counterterrorism operations had continued to exert pressure on insurgent groups operating within the Lake Chad Basin and Sambisa forest areas, leading to increasing cases of surrender by fighters and their relatives.
The military has maintained that surrendered individuals are subjected to profiling, intelligence gathering and other procedures in accordance with extant operational guidelines.
Female Family Member of ISWAP/JAS Terrorists Surrenders in Bama
Uncategorized
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 176 Guards Battalion have arrested 10 suspected illegal miners during a raid on an illegal mining site in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Security sources said the operation was conducted at about 3:07 p.m. on May 20 as part of ongoing Operation MESA efforts aimed at curbing illegal mining and related criminal activities within the FCT and adjoining areas.
The troops reportedly stormed the illegal mining site following intelligence reports on the activities of suspected illegal miners operating in the area.
During the raid, the troops apprehended 10 suspects believed to be involved in illegal mining activities.
Items recovered from the site included one motorcycle, 15 mining mats, four head pans and several other mining implements used by the suspects.
The suspects are currently undergoing profiling and preliminary investigation for further necessary action.
Security sources said the operation formed part of intensified efforts by security agencies to clamp down on illegal mining activities, which authorities say contribute to environmental degradation, economic sabotage and insecurity in parts of the country.
The sources added that surveillance and enforcement operations would continue across identified illegal mining locations within the FCT and neighbouring states.
Troops Arrest 10 Illegal Miners in Abuja Raid
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Opinions2 years agoTinubu,Shettima: The epidemic of economic, insecurity in Nigeria
