Crime
NSCDC Arrests Three Oil Thieves in Rivers
NSCDC Arrests Three Oil Thieves in Rivers
By: Michael Mike
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Commandant General’s Special Intelligence Squad has arrested three suspects for vandalism of oil pipeline, oil theft and illegal dealings in petroleum products at Umuodo, Umuajuloke Community in Omuma Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The CG’s SIS Commander, DC Apollo Dandaura during a briefing on Monday, said the the arrest was made possible through sustained Intelligence that an illegal oil refinery was cited at the crime scene, which made his command to sweep the area, leading to discovery of a large quantity of illegally refined petroleum products suspected to be Automotive Gas Oil (AGO).

He said: “Based on credible Intelligence we swung into action and arrested three suspects at the crime scene with large quantities of illegally refined AGO already stored inside metallic drums while others were inside cellophane bags.”
He disclosed that the names of the arrested suspects are Happiness Nwankwo (F) 45years who claimed to be an indigene of Omuma in Rivers State, Nnoma Nwankwo (F) 30years also from Rivers State and Favour Amadi (F) from Omuma in the same Rivers State.
The commander said: “Some exhibits recovered at the point of arrest are numerous drum ovens containing stolen and syphoned crude oil undergoing processing, Industrial hoses used to tap into well-heads to syphon crude oil, large quantities of stolen crude oil stored inside cellophane bags and kegs, Many metal and plastic buckets, Wheelbarrows, Shovels and Galvanized metal pipes”.

The CG SIS Commander hinted that Investigations have commenced to unravel the involvement of the three suspects and who their sponsors are.
He said that at the expiration of a thorough investigation, whoever is found culpable would have their time in court.
NSCDC Arrests Three Oil Thieves in Rivers
Crime
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI, have recorded significant operational successes including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and continued surrender of insurgents’ family members across the North-East theatre.
Security sources disclosed that the operations were conducted under Operation Desert Sanity V and other ongoing clearance missions aimed at degrading terrorist capabilities in the region.
In one of the major breakthroughs, troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State rescued four abducted persons comprising two women and two children.
The victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), who were abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
According to the sources, preliminary debrief indicated that the victims were held in a terrorist enclave before being freed following sustained military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains.
The rescued persons were later medically evaluated and reunited with their families through community leadership.
The sources added that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued in ongoing operations, while efforts are continuing to secure the release of others still in captivity.
In a related development, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, identified as 50-year-old Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area.
Items recovered from her included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba general area, according to preliminary investigation.
Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu (50), along the Dalori axis while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for terrorist elements.
Investigations revealed that the suspect had been supplying logistics in exchange for access to grazing areas within terrorist-controlled zones. Items recovered included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.
Elsewhere, troops in conjunction with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were found with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.
The operation also recorded the surrender of individuals linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP, including Aishatu Sale (20), who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar (70), who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
The sources said the surrendered individuals attributed their decision to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions in terrorist camps.
In another development, troops recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a suspected terrorist withdrawal route, further degrading insurgent operational capability.
Military authorities said the sustained successes demonstrate continued pressure on terrorist elements and reaffirmed commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability in the North-East region.
The Military High Command commended the troops for their operational performance and urged them to sustain the momentum in the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign.
Troops Rescue Abducted Victims, Arrest Collaborators, Record Surrenders in North-East Operations
Crime
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of 162 Amphibious Battalion Operation HADIN KAI have arrested three suspected robbers following a reported robbery incident at Gar Gwigwi village in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.
Security sources disclosed that the troops responded to intelligence at about 6:00 p.m. on May 21 indicating that an unconfirmed number of Civilian Joint Task Force members attached to the battalion were allegedly involved in the robbery.
According to the sources, troops swiftly moved to the area and apprehended three suspects linked to the incident, while others reportedly fled.
Items recovered from the suspects included five mobile phones, a nylon bag containing a substance identified as “ice,” a locally made charm, a necklace chain, a small white scarf, two wristwatches, one dagger, a Qur’an booklet, the sum of N1,070, and one dane gun.
The sources stated that the dane gun was later identified as belonging to a member of the Miyetti Allah group, who reported that the weapon had been stolen from him by the suspects a day before the robbery incident.
The firearm was subsequently handed back to the owner after confirmation of ownership.
The arrested suspects are currently in military custody for further investigation and possible prosecution.
Troops Arrest Three Suspected Robbers in Borno Community
Crime
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
By: Zagazola Makama
Troops of Headquarters 27 Task Force Brigade, Buni Gari, have recovered several explosive devices during a routine patrol operation in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State.
Security sources disclosed that the operation was conducted at about 1:00 p.m. on May 22 following intelligence reports on the sighting of suspected ISWAP/JAS terrorists around the Magza general area.
According to the sources, the terrorists fled the area before the arrival of the troops.
During the subsequent search and exploitation of the area, troops recovered four 40mm Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) bombs, one 81mm bomb and four 60mm bombs.
The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team also conducted a detailed scan of the general area to rule out the presence of additional explosive threats.
The recovered bombs are currently in the custody of the troops for further necessary action.
Military authorities said troops would sustain aggressive patrols and clearance operations aimed at denying terrorists freedom of movement and preventing attacks within the North-East theatre.
Troops Recover Explosive Devices During Patrol in Yobe
-
News2 years agoRoger Federer’s Shock as DNA Results Reveal Myla and Charlene Are Not His Biological Children
-
Opinions4 years agoTHE PLIGHT OF FARIDA
-
News1 year agoFAILED COUP IN BURKINA FASO: HOW TRAORÉ NARROWLY ESCAPED ASSASSINATION PLOT AMID FOREIGN INTERFERENCE CLAIMS
-
News2 years agoEYN: Rev. Billi, Distortion of History, and The Living Tamarind Tree
-
Opinions4 years agoPOLICE CHARGE ROOMS, A MINTING PRESS
-
ACADEMICS2 years agoA History of Biu” (2015) and The Lingering Bura-Pabir Question (1)
-
Columns2 years agoArmy University Biu: There is certain interest, but certainly not from Borno.
-
Politics12 months ago2027: Why Hon. Midala Balami Must Go, as Youths in Hawul and Asikira/Uba Federal Constituency Reject ₦500,000 as Sallah Gift
