Connect with us

News

NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkers in Abia

Published

on

NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkers in Abia

By: Michael Mike

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has dismantled the activities of oil bunkers in Ukwa East Local Government Area in Abia State.

A statement on Wednesday by the spokesman of the paramilitary outfit, Babawale Afolabi read that: “In its determination to salvage the nation from economic saboteurs the Commandant General’s Special Intelligence Squad has dismantled an illegal oil bunkering site, a large local Pour-put Boat for conveying locally refined petroleum products, a loading point and Automotive Gas Oil amounting to 9000 litres at Inhandu Community of Ukwa East Local Government Area in Abia State.”

He said: “During an interview with the CG’s SIS arresting officer, we deduced that the Squad through credible Intelligence got wind of oil bunkering activities taking place at Inhandu/Ikwariator Riverside; Ukwa East LGA where an uninterrupted loading and conveyance of AGO concealed in cellophane bags were ongoing.

“The Team swung into action without wasting time and was able to uncover a bunkering site where local refining of petroleum products had been carried out for a long time; about 2 large wooden Pour-put boats were seen at the river bank, some cellophane bags were loaded in fibre boats but at the mere sighting of our operatives; the perpetrators took to their heels.

“While touring across the site, some bags of AGO were also packed in an uncompleted building while some were loaded inside 3 different Vehicles ready for supply.”

He disclosed that: “Some of the exhibits recovered at the crime scene are:
2 Fibre Boats with 40 Horse Power Yamaha Engines, 2 empty J5 Buses and 1 Sequoia Jeep about to be loaded, 2 large wooden boats still under construction and some quantities of AGO concealed in cellophane bags.”

He noted: “The Intelligence and Investigation department has commenced detailed work to unravel the perpetrators and beneficiaries while an application for forfeiture of products and mode of conveyance would be sought at the law court at the expiration of our investigation.”

He however appealed to the public to cooperate with the NSCDC in the fight against crude oil theft to rid the nation’s economy off the hands of saboteurs.

NSCDC Dismantles Activities of Oil Bunkers in Abia

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

Published

on

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI in collaboration with local vigilantes and Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), have neutralised a suspected Boko Haram fighter and recovered logistics items during an ambush at Gwadale deserted village along the Ngoshe–Kirawa road in Adamawa State.

Sources said that at about 12:50 a.m. on Thursday, troops engaged a confirmed number of suspected terrorists who were conveying logistics items.

The troops opened fire with a high volume of rounds, resulting in the neutralisation of one terrorist, while others reportedly fled in disarray with possible gunshot wounds.

Following the engagement, troops conducted exploitation of the general area and recovered one carton of Klin detergent and a bag of salt. The troops returned to their forward operating base at Pulka at about 2:30 a.m. same day.

Officials said the operation illustrated ongoing efforts to disrupt Boko Haram’s supply lines and restore security in the affected axis.

Troops Neutralise Suspected Boko Haram Fighter, Recover Logistics Items in Adamawa

Continue Reading

News

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

Published

on

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

By: Zagazola Makama

The Nigerian Army troops have arrested a suspected Boko Haram logistics supplier, Ismail Muhammed, 28, in the Visik General area of Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State.

Sources said the arrest was carried out on Thursday by the troops of 28 Task Force Brigade in collaboration with local vigilantes and hunters.

Items recovered from the suspect included one AK-47 magazine, one round of 7.62mm special ammunition, a jungle hat, 10 bags of salt, two cartons of spaghetti, two sachets of seasoning cubes, a sachet of tom-tom, and bitter kola.

The suspect is currently in custody for further investigation, authorities said, as operations continue to disrupt Boko Haram supply chains in the North-East region.

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Supplier Arrested in Hong LGA

Continue Reading

News

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

Published

on

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

By: Zagazola Makama

At least one soldier was killed and five others wounded during a night attack on a Battalion of the Rapid Intervention Brigade (BIR) post along the Cameroon-Nigeria border in Bargaram.

Zagazola learnt that the incident occurred between the night of Feb. 18 and the early hours of Feb. 19 at approximately 01:00 a.m., when armed assailants launched an assault on the military installation.

The attack resulted in the death of Private Second Class WAKOM Spkassa Barthélémy (Service No. T2024/53715), while five soldiers sustained injuries, including one reported in critical condition.

Security forces reportedly engaged the attackers, neutralizing five terrorists and recovering a significant cache of weapons and ammunition. Items seized include eight AK-47 rifles, a PKM machine gun, one anti-personnel rocket, two anti-tank rockets, a grenade launcher, 11 AK-47 magazine boxes, 242 rounds of 7.62 x 54 mm ammunition, 121 rounds of 7.62 x 39 mm ammunition, a motorcycle, and a camera.

The wounded soldiers were evacuated to the District Hospital of Mada for medical treatment, while the body of the fallen soldier was transferred to the mortuary of the Regional Hospital of Maroua.

Authorities have been urged intensified security measures along the border region to prevent further attacks and maintain operational readiness.

Attack on BIR Post in Bargaram Leaves One Soldier Dead, Five Wounded

Continue Reading

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights